Wacky QAnon Guy With Viking (?) Hat

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
She is not a moderate Republican, but she is a patriot and willing to stand up for the US Constitution despite the cost to herself.
Wrong, she is a Republican who has publicly stated as such. Her true Patriot status comes from her belief that it is the Constitution is first and foremost to be upheld regardless of party.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Wrong, she is a Republican who has publicly stated as such.
She can state she is a moderate as much as she like, but that does not make her one.

Her true Patriot status comes from her belief that it is the Constitution is first and foremost to be upheld regardless of party.
Agreed, and something the current GOP does not agree with, and in part why they are so dangerous to US democracy.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Wrong, she is a Republican who has publicly stated as such. Her true Patriot status comes from her belief that it is the Constitution is first and foremost to be upheld regardless of party.
I sure hope the rest of the right that is "moderate" in the eyes of the US like here get it together and get control of the GOP again. This two sides against each other nonsense has to stop.

We have to work together as a nation, government included, to fix or progress our nation. This one side tries to do something only to have it undone by the next administration is not going to work and will eventually fall apart.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not a lawyer, etc, but if @cpp views was the prevailing view in the justice system (which it isn't, thankfully) we should expect many more children and old people Alzheimer on the death by row.
I guess we now wait for Viking man having his day in Federal Court.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
She can state she is a moderate as much as she like, but that does not make her one.
I'm not so sure she's ever stated she was a moderate. Here's what she said in a recent Op Ed:

>>>I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative values is reverence for the rule of law. Each of us swears an oath before God to uphold our Constitution. The electoral college has spoken. More than 60 state and federal courts, including multiple Trump-appointed judges, have rejected the former president’s arguments, and refused to overturn election results. That is the rule of law; that is our constitutional system for resolving claims of election fraud.<<<

I suspect some people conflate ideological conservatives with the Trump cult of personality. The Trump cult of personality is not conservative, it's just blind Trump worship (And that's my huge opinion!).

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not so sure she's ever stated she was a moderate. Here's what she said in a recent Op Ed:

>>>I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative values is reverence for the rule of law. Each of us swears an oath before God to uphold our Constitution. The electoral college has spoken. More than 60 state and federal courts, including multiple Trump-appointed judges, have rejected the former president’s arguments, and refused to overturn election results. That is the rule of law; that is our constitutional system for resolving claims of election fraud.<<<

I suspect some people conflate ideological conservatives with the Trump cult of personality. The Trump cult of personality is not conservative, it's just blind Trump worship (And that's my huge opinion!).

My bad for taking the poster on good faith on hers alleged moderate statement.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

correct, my post with respect to using the word 'moderate' was meant only to show that not all GOP members are 'Trumpsters' !

Regardless, I like her

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
correct, my post with respect to using the word 'moderate' was meant only to show that not all GOP members are 'Trumpsters' !
You could have written so instead of lying to me in that post of yours. Shame on me I guess for not verifying each and every word of you write before replying.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You could have written so instead of lying to me in that post of yours. Shame on me I guess for not verifying each and every word of you write before replying.
lying to you ??? where in that post did I direct ANYTHING to YOU ???? you choose to take things out of context, quit trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill !!!!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
lying to you ??? where in that post did I direct ANYTHING to YOU ???? you choose to take things out of context, quit trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill !!!!
Dude, are your really that dumb to think that we're this dumb? Even the Steam Vent has much higher standards than the Fox "News" or whatever you're watching which you claim not to watch.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Note to self: Remember the various Müller threads with the constant and the easily verifiable lying by some posters. Even the Müller statement and public report was repeatability falsely quoted. Never take their word on good faith.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
And for some interesting reading
Yeah, I read that before I posted. Here's link to all of the documents of record in this case:

He was indicted for violation of 6 federal crimes (notice "U.S.C." in the indictment which means United States Code). That was why I referred to due process under the Fifth Amendment of the US Constitution which applies to the federal government rather than the fourteenth amendment, which applies to the states.

The issue right now is if Chansley is fit to stand trial at this time. Even if he's put into a mental institution, he will need show that he's recovered in order to get out. If he succeeds, the government prosecutors will say "Congratulations, you are now fit to be tried, welcome back to the real world!" and he'll be put on trial. The fact that he may have been unfit for trial at one point in time but has since recovered is unlikely to be of much help in an insanity defense. Different standards for mental competency, different points in time:

>>>What's the difference between competency to stand trial and the insanity defense?

Competency to stand trial hinges on a defendant's current mental state at the time of trial. It is generally a low-level standard that requires merely that a defendant understands the proceedings against him -- that he is being tried for a crime, and the relative roles of prosecutor, defense attorney, and judge -- and be able to assist his attorney in his defense. The low standard reflects the attempt to provide as many people as possible a day in court, while excluding those individuals who are so sick as to be completely unable to comprehend the proceedings or to assist their attorneys. There is a common misperception that if an individual is found incompetent, it is the same as being found not guilty. In reality, if the defendant is deemed incompetent, there is no trial, and no conviction or acquittal.

The insanity defense has nothing to do with a defendant's current mental status; to be found not guilty by reason of insanity, a judge or jury must evaluate the defendant's state of mind at the time of the offense.

• What happens when a defendant is found incompetent to stand trial?

A finding of incompetence merely signals a hiatus in the criminal proceedings. In the majority of cases, a mentally ill defendant deemed incompetent receives treatment until he is deemed "restored to competence," and returns to court.<<<

The statute governing the insanity defense is very limited, and it's almost never even invoked, let alone successful
>>>18 U.S. Code § 17. Insanity defense
(a)Affirmative Defense.—
It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution under any Federal statute that, at the time of the commission of the acts constituting the offense, the defendant, as a result of a severe mental disease or defect, was unable to appreciate the nature and quality or the wrongfulness of his acts. Mental disease or defect does not otherwise constitute a defense.

(b)Burden of Proof.—
The defendant has the burden of proving the defense of insanity by clear and convincing evidence.<<<

It would be extremely risky for Chansley's lawyer to invoke this defense. There's a good chance he'd end up in a mental facility for a lot longer than he would spend in jail if he negotiates a plea deal.

I honestly don't understand your horse doo doo comment earlier. No one has even argued Chansley is innocent by reason of insanity. The odds of Chansley somehow walking away free just because he's (according to his lawyer) "f*cking retarded" are basically zero.

>>>“A lot of these defendants — and I’m going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully — but they’re all fucking short-bus people,” Watkins told TPM. “These are people with brain damage, they’re f*cking retarded, they’re on the goddamn spectrum.”

“But they’re our brothers, our sisters, our neighbors, our coworkers — they’re part of our country. These aren’t bad people, they don’t have prior criminal history. F*ck, they were subjected to four-plus years of goddamn propaganda the likes of which the world has not seen since fucking Hitler.”<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I read that before I posted. Here's link to all of the documents of record in this case:

He was indicted for violation of 6 federal crimes (notice "U.S.C." in the indictment which means United States Code). That was why I referred to due process under the Fifth Amendment of the US Constitution which applies to the federal government rather than the fourteenth amendment, which applies to the states.

The issue right now is if Chansley is fit to stand trial at this time. Even if he's put into a mental institution, he will need show that he's recovered in order to get out. If he succeeds, the government prosecutors will say "Congratulations, you are now fit to be tried, welcome back to the real world!" and he'll be put on trial. The fact that he may have been unfit for trial at one point in time but has since recovered is unlikely to be of much help in an insanity defense. Different standards for mental competency, different points in time:

>>>What's the difference between competency to stand trial and the insanity defense?

Competency to stand trial hinges on a defendant's current mental state at the time of trial. It is generally a low-level standard that requires merely that a defendant understands the proceedings against him -- that he is being tried for a crime, and the relative roles of prosecutor, defense attorney, and judge -- and be able to assist his attorney in his defense. The low standard reflects the attempt to provide as many people as possible a day in court, while excluding those individuals who are so sick as to be completely unable to comprehend the proceedings or to assist their attorneys. There is a common misperception that if an individual is found incompetent, it is the same as being found not guilty. In reality, if the defendant is deemed incompetent, there is no trial, and no conviction or acquittal.

The insanity defense has nothing to do with a defendant's current mental status; to be found not guilty by reason of insanity, a judge or jury must evaluate the defendant's state of mind at the time of the offense.

• What happens when a defendant is found incompetent to stand trial?

A finding of incompetence merely signals a hiatus in the criminal proceedings. In the majority of cases, a mentally ill defendant deemed incompetent receives treatment until he is deemed "restored to competence," and returns to court.<<<

The statute governing the insanity defense is very limited, and it's almost never even invoked, let alone successful
>>>18 U.S. Code § 17. Insanity defense
(a)Affirmative Defense.—
It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution under any Federal statute that, at the time of the commission of the acts constituting the offense, the defendant, as a result of a severe mental disease or defect, was unable to appreciate the nature and quality or the wrongfulness of his acts. Mental disease or defect does not otherwise constitute a defense.

(b)Burden of Proof.—
The defendant has the burden of proving the defense of insanity by clear and convincing evidence.<<<

It would be extremely risky for Chansley's lawyer to invoke this defense. There's a good chance he'd end up in a mental facility for a lot longer than he would spend in jail if he negotiates a plea deal.

I honestly don't understand your horse doo doo comment earlier. No one has even argued Chansley is innocent by reason of insanity. The odds of Chansley somehow walking away free just because he's (according to his lawyer) "f*cking retarded" are basically zero.

>>>“A lot of these defendants — and I’m going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully — but they’re all fucking short-bus people,” Watkins told TPM. “These are people with brain damage, they’re f*cking retarded, they’re on the goddamn spectrum.”

“But they’re our brothers, our sisters, our neighbors, our coworkers — they’re part of our country. These aren’t bad people, they don’t have prior criminal history. F*ck, they were subjected to four-plus years of goddamn propaganda the likes of which the world has not seen since fucking Hitler.”<<<

Watching some of the videos on the news last night that was taken during this " peaceful protest", gives hopes they lock some of these peaceful protesters up for a few years with NO probation.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Watching some of the videos on the news last night that was taken during this " peaceful protest", gives hopes they lock some of these peaceful protesters up for a few years with NO probation.
According to numerous news reports, Chansley pleaded guilty. I'm not sure what his chances are for probation.

>>>The bare-chested man pictured with his face painted, wearing a horned helmet and howling in the Senate chamber during the insurrection on January 6th accepted a plea deal Friday in federal court on charges stemming from his participation at the riot.

Jacob Chansley, aka the "QAnon Shaman," pleaded guilty to one count of obstruction of an official proceeding. He had been charged with a six-count indictment that included civil disorder, violent entry and disorderly conduct, as well as a felony count for obstruction of an official proceeding, which carries a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison.

Under federal sentencing guidelines, he is likely to face between 41 and 51 months (about 3 1/2 to 4 1/4 years), minus time served for the the eight months he has already been detained. He also agreed to pay restitution of $2,000.<<<

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
According to numerous news reports, Chansley pleaded guilty. I'm not sure what his chances are for probation.

>>>The bare-chested man pictured with his face painted, wearing a horned helmet and howling in the Senate chamber during the insurrection on January 6th accepted a plea deal Friday in federal court on charges stemming from his participation at the riot.

Jacob Chansley, aka the "QAnon Shaman," pleaded guilty to one count of obstruction of an official proceeding. He had been charged with a six-count indictment that included civil disorder, violent entry and disorderly conduct, as well as a felony count for obstruction of an official proceeding, which carries a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison.

Under federal sentencing guidelines, he is likely to face between 41 and 51 months (about 3 1/2 to 4 1/4 years), minus time served for the the eight months he has already been detained. He also agreed to pay restitution of $2,000.

More prison time then all the antifa and BLM perpetrators combined … who burned down cities

Shamen is a moron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
More prison time then all the antifa and BLM perpetrators combined … who burned down cities
Repeating lies doesn't make them true. I suspect you know that, but you apparently get your jollies playing the fool.

The plea agreement states that the Government agrees to a 3-level reduction in the sentencing guidelines provided Chansley accepts responsibility, and the guidelines therefore call for 41-51 months. This is a massive reduction compared to the high end under the guidelines.

Conceivably, the judge could go outside the 41-51 month range, but I'd be shocked if Chansley gets anywhere the 105 months this guy got:

>>>MINNEAPOLIS – An Illinois man was sentenced today to 105 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release for setting fire to a cell phone store in Minneapolis in the aftermath of the killing of George Floyd.

According to court documents, on May 28, 2020, Matthew Lee Rupert, 29, a resident of Galesburg, Illinois, posted messages on his Facebook account referencing the public protests occurring in the Twin Cities following the death of George Floyd, including one that stated, “I’m going to Minneapolis tomorrow who coming only goons I’m renting hotel rooms.” On May 29, 2020, Rupert broadcast a Facebook Live video indicating that he was in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Rupert announced that he came “to riot,” and is depicted handing out artillery-shell fireworks, encouraging violence against law enforcement officers, actively damaging property, breaking into buildings, and looting businesses.<<<

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis