Vote: The Banning of MULE

Should Mulester7 Be Banned from posting on Audioholics.com?

• Yes

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 57.1%

• Total voters
Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Just... do... not ....reply... to any of his posts - That will solve it...eventually....maybe..... but what about his bbq sauce????.... or even his "64 pinto" (in 64, the only thing that was pinto was a horse or a bean).
I..never..thought..someone..could..actually..write..like..Captain..James..T..Kirk..talks! Personnally.. I would like.. to hear!!..??more about.. his sauce...,specifically,,,,what..special herbs does he use. :D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I think... he... suffers from... elipsey

Mudcat said:
Just... do... not ....reply... to any of his posts - That will solve it...eventually....maybe..... but what about his bbq sauce????.... or even his "64 pinto" (in 64, the only thing that was pinto was a horse or a bean).
I..never..thought..someone..could..actually..write..like..Captain..James..T..Kirk..talks! Personnally.. I would like.. to hear!!..??more about.. his sauce...,specifically,,,,what..special herbs does he use. :D
:D But, if he ships me some of that BBQ, I'll vote against banning him.

Seriously, I don't think he's done anything worthy of being banned. He's experimenting with a unique writing style. I'll give his stuff a glance and it it's too difficult to decipher I simply ignort it and move on.

Life's too short to worry about this little stuff. After all, we're not required to read his stuff, or anyone elses for that matter.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
5 pages and 43 post later......He is going to be the most famous member....If not already.....No? :eek:

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Well, according to Python...

...(Monty)...Oscar Wilde said "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about"...believe it or not...no, no, no...THAT was Ripley.

Our subject is eating it all up...with relish...ooohh! that sounds good...relish...on a couple of red hots, a brace of foot-longs, two tube steaks, dirty-water dogs...

jimHJJ(...Nathan's Famous...Boar's Head...Sabrett...Shofar... Hebrew National...)

P

philh

Full Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
I'm struggling with this. He is definitely not insane - but he apparently thinks he's clever. The trouble is - his posts are so hard to understand, his antics are pretty much just annoying and any cleverness is merely transformed into a Where's Waldo game of find-the-point or decode-the-issue.

He likely thinks he's presenting a challenge to people to decode his messages and unveil the hidden message. I simply think it's clogging up our forums.
Has he created several identities and literally begins chatting with himself? I participated in one forum where they literally had to delete the forum, because of a few people who were extremely disruptive and created several different aliases, and would spend hours arguing with themself(ves). Apparently this is a whole new form of mental illness.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
What are the chances that every personality of a Schizoid would all happen to be audiophiles?

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Beegowl said:
People turn to these forums for information. When they have to wade through nonsense or code, they will go somewhere else to find the information that they need. If you tolerate his irritating posts, others won't be so quick to do so, especially people who haven't had the kind of positive experiences with Audioholics that frequent posters have. If I had worked hard to build this site, I wouldn't want this person representing my product.

I think you just nailed the problem right on the head.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
on many other forums I'm a part of, he would of been warned that this is a mature, educated forum and should post accordingly. If he can't follow those simple directions his IP would be banned.

Sure we can simply ignore/hide his posts, but what about new people that come to this site that aren't registered? His posts decrease the maturity, validity, and serious tone that I would imagine Clint et al. would like to exhibit here.

If he kept his amusing little antics in the general section, I wouldn't care, but he's really cluttering up the Loudspeaker/Sub forum.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
ducker said:
on many other forums I'm a part of, he would of been warned that this is a mature, educated forum and should post accordingly. If he can't follow those simple directions his IP would be banned.

Sure we can simply ignore/hide his posts, but what about new people that come to this site that aren't registered? His posts decrease the maturity, validity, and serious tone that I would imagine Clint et al. would like to exhibit here.

If he kept his amusing little antics in the general section, I wouldn't care, but he's really cluttering up the Loudspeaker/Sub forum.
If thats the case,there should be a list of others to follow him out. The ignore is there for a reason,use it if he bothers you.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
shokhead said:
If thats the case,there should be a list of others to follow him out. The ignore is there for a reason,use it if he bothers you.
I've only been a member of this group for a couple of months, but I don't believe anyone else has come close to providing so much clutter to this forum aside from "mule". As I stated before; It's not a simple fact of using the ignore function. This function is only available for people that have taken the time to register. All the anonymous users browsing these forums are subjected to the random mumblings of "mule".

Joking around and having fun are one thing... acting like a donkey, as "mule" does, is rude and immature. Either he has no idea what he's doing, or he amuses himself bigtime following every post. If it's the former, I feel bad for him. But I'd put money on the later.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
As an update...

... if any of you have read any of the muleskinners more recent posts, it seems he's taken the subtle hints dropped here and has chosen to converse in a much more coherent manner. ...and quite eloquently I might say.

To that I must say Good Show! Keep up the good work!

So, can we drop this now? I hate it when the object of a thread is a person rather than an idea.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Yep,lets drop it because it is a public forum.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I just read some of mulesters latest posts. What the hell is he talking about? Is he on the same page as everyone else? Banning him would certainly remove some confusion. Just what do Koi have to do with anything. I do know that I will certainly ignore more of those unrelated to the topic postings. I have been known to use illegal and legal substances and change the quality and level of my consciousness but I don't inflict those episodes on everyone else. Don't ban him just ignore his non sequiter posts. :cool:

R

rumble

Audioholic
After reading some of his posts I get a mental image of a man rocking back and forth slowly in the corner of a dark room talking to his fillings.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I was with ya up until the last four words.

rumble said:
After reading some of his posts I get a mental image of a man rocking back and forth slowly in the corner of a dark room talking to his fillings.
I was thinking something else I'd rather not say. :rolleyes:

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Smart

I think Mule's a very intelligent guy trying to have some fun and not at anyone's expense. I appreciate different writing styles and pulling different aspects of life into what can be a very one-dimensional pursuit.

Audio is one extension of life, not the other way around.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Why, Mr Mudcat...

Mudcat said:
Stroking Mr.happy?
Howah dare You! Ahm way too much of a gentaman to evah say such a thang! Now, thinking it is anothah mattah entarahly. :rolleyes:

B

bray

Audioholic Intern
He hasnt really bothered me "yet"

It takes all types, and he just happens to be one of them.
I say keep him.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Mudcat said:
Stroking Mr.happy?
My thought was rearranging his collection of belly button lint while explaining the flat world theory talking to his cat.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis