Vote: The Banning of MULE

Should Mulester7 Be Banned from posting on Audioholics.com?

• Yes

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 57.1%

• Total voters
anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I think where all guilty of some incoherent posts. I know I have had a few. I think alot gets lost in translation. Mule can be annoying but we all need are resident crazy person. :p ;)

Let him be I say !!! He's not causing to much trouble. Besides we have are ignore functions. :)

Cheers,
Glenn

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Naaaaah.................although some of his posts are annoying I don't see where he's committed any bannable(?) offenses.

But dude, please, if you're going to bring something to the table, try to get it there w/o stopping at the bathroom twice on the way...........

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Here is the thing
Every now and then
Somebody comes along
When we don't really want them to
And they can say some things
That may seem odd at first
Cant we look past that?
However
In all fairness
Now in all honesty,
Good people sometimes post gibberish
Moreso
Every now and then

Parhaps we should let him stay?
Lest we make ourselves out to be
Extreme tyrants or something
And furthermore
Spelling and punctuation are important
Everybody knows that
So how do we resolve this?
Ensuring that no feelings are hurt?
Now before we act hastily
Don't judge without thinking it through.
Hoobastank is a good band
Even if their 2nd. album sucked
Loved Franz Ferdinand too
Purple.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I have to go change my drawers now. Oh man, that is TOOOOOO funny.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
also

Hoobastank is not a good band!! :p

Another good point is that this board is not exactly a swiftly moving river. So a little nonsence will not hurt.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
If you find his posts that annoying, put him on your ignore list. I believe in theory if someone is on your ignore list, their posts don't show up.

I find his posts incoherent if amusing, but certainly not worth banishing.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I think he has his moments. I agree with the thinking that if someone bothers you just ignore them. I can't understand half of what you guys are saying when you get into the techie stuff, but I forgive you all later. I think he generally desires to be a part of a community, and this one seems full of good guys who share an interest similar to his. Don't get me wrong, I have yet to make it through a whole series of his posts, and I had never seen the Giraffe thing (which by the way creates an interesting mental picture). I think he can be overzealous in the amount of posting, and I don't know if he should be allowed to help out newbies, and I think he needs some rittalin, but I don't think banning him is cool. If he had personally attacked someone in a very mean way, or been rude to the moderators I would agree with banning. I think maybe there should be a limit of 20 posts a day for guys with less than 3 months on the site to curb this though.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Hot d@mn...

...If I went around trying to eliminate everything that's simply annoying to me, there wouldn't be a whole lot left...

But I do agree, he wastes a lot of space, and if he actually does have something of value to post, he does himself a disservice with his scatter-gun style(????)...who really will take him seriously?

I mean, since this is the web and not a face-to-face deal, if you can't present yourself in an intelligent manner...which to my mind means: spelling, punctuation and presentation of topic in a cohesive fashion...how good can the actual message be? Gives me doubts...neatness does count...

jimHJJ(...well, that seemed to eliminate a few folks, didn't it?...)

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Resident Loser said:
I mean, since this is the web and not a face-to-face deal, if you can't present yourself in an intelligent manner...which to my mind means: spelling, punctuation and presentation of topic in a cohesive fashion...how good can the actual message be? Gives me doubts...neatness does count..
In order for people to take post and advice seriously I believe it is of the up most importance to put a little effort to ensure that their post are typed cohesively and to use proper spelling and grammar(with in reason). Personally, I suck when it comes to spelling and proper sentence/paragraph structure when typing, so I always type my post in Word and then cut and paste them into the my post. This doesn’t ensure the quality of the information I provide, but at least I don’t sound like I’m 5 or belong in an institution.

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
He was patronizing and condescending to Clint. Called him "sherriff" after he was directed to stop posting annoying gibberish. Is that enough reason to ban him? I don't think so. Once he satrts offending people, that's different. We can't punish him for being stupid.

If anything, he has us reading his posts and that's entertaining us..isn't that the point here ultimately?
?

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
He obviously knows we have a problem reading his incoherent ramblings that he calls post and he obviously has no intention of making an effort to communicate is a understandable manner. He shows us no respect so he deserves no respect. Simple as that.

You know, after reading his posts, I am starting to think this is a young person with ADD and a mind that just runs at a million miles per hour and he just can't get it all into typed words fast enough. His thoughts are all over the place.

I actually feel kind of sorry for the guy. However since he shows us no respect, he gets what he gets.

Shinerman

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
No Ban for Now

There is definitely an amusing aspect to these posts. Unfortunately, they are not productive nor clear. There is a fair amount of good writing done on audio posts that is a significant factor in my participation.

Mule has some colorful and amusing thoughts and certainly is an independent thinker. If I could write the story, I'd have the Mulester write a little less and think/edit a little more. There's a pearl in that clam, you just have to work at cleaning it up.

The posts are amusing from the outside in that the raving mad poet is thrust into the pit of scientists. I've found myself in this vantage more than once here and I can identify. However, I DO try to convey my madness as clearly as possible and feel that's a burden of entry. When in Rome. . .

I hope Mulester can clean up his diction sufficiently to be a contributor, as he seems to love audio and there just aren't enough of us out there.

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
As i stated before, maybe the guy is mentally challenged. Or maybe he just doesn't know how to communicate effectively. this is not reason enough to "ban" someone imo.

Now, if he's just a plain goof who constantly posts crap just to annoy us and waste our time, that's a different story altogether.

Before banning him, lets see which is which.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
I said it in another post, and will say it again.

I think the guy is on drugs, or should be on drugs. I just can't make up my mind which problem he has.

I believe he has been warned about excessive posts.

His posts lack merit or clarity of thought. Seemingly to the point of purposely lacking a train of thought.

Give him an "official" warning.

Ban immediately after the first unacceptable post following the warning.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
At first he said he was from "Arkansaw," then later said he lives in New York. Arkansas explained everything, but now who knows. He really got us going on those damn 901's, and now with some type of cross wiring mess after reading up on how to wire subs in a car install (series vs parallel). I get a kick out of how he plays up to Clint, but Clint still hammers him. He did make an effort to use caps and periods, but somehow used the carriage return instead of just typing a paragraph. It could be drugs, lack of a good woman, or just f'in with people.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I just enabled the "ignore user" function on him. Problem solved.

Beegowl

Beegowl

Junior Audioholic
Ignore feature

After running across Mulester's posts, I found the ignore feature and listed him. My vote is to ban him, but not because I'm some kind of tyrant. If it was easy to walk past him in the park and go on to something else, no problem.

People turn to these forums for information. When they have to wade through nonsense or code, they will go somewhere else to find the information that they need. If you tolerate his irritating posts, others won't be so quick to do so, especially people who haven't had the kind of positive experiences with Audioholics that frequent posters have. If I had worked hard to build this site, I wouldn't want this person representing my product.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis