Vote: The Banning of MULE

Should Mulester7 Be Banned from posting on Audioholics.com?

• Yes

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 57.1%

• Total voters
MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Should Mulester7 be banned from posting on Audioholics.com?

Yes

No

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you ban him/her they'll just rejoin with a new name.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Why?? What did he do wrong?? Don't accuse someone with providing the evidence first.

Paul

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Francious70 said:
Why?? What did he do wrong?? Don't accuse someone with providing the evidence first.

Paul
I never accused him of anything.

He does annoy a lot of people though

R

Red

Audioholic
No

Got a msg that my msg was too short....so now my msg should be long enough and no need to ban the mulester. Annoying, yes; ammusing, sometimes; pop quizzes, I can do without

But please mulester....get to the point without taking us through the hills of Arkansaw first

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Most message boards allow IP banning which essentially blocks most modern home setups. So the user goes away and their ability to even try to get to the forums goes away.

I think that there are certain people that don't even want to try to be a part of forums. They don't try to act appropriate and then get all pissy and use my favorite words: "I was only kidding, can't you guys take a joke?"

If someone has something worth reading to say, great. If they try to put it together in a readible fashion - great. But, when you don't try, don't care, and really don't have any intention of doing anything more than flaming the board with senseless post after senseless post - typically on the exact same subject...

Banning is perfectly acceptable and appropriate in my opinion - AFTER asking someone to not be a twit.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
BMXTRIX said:
Most message boards allow IP banning which essentially blocks most modern home setups. So the user goes away and their ability to even try to get to the forums goes away.

I think that there are certain people that don't even want to try to be a part of forums. They don't try to act appropriate and then get all pissy and use my favorite words: "I was only kidding, can't you guys take a joke?"

If someone has something worth reading to say, great. If they try to put it together in a readible fashion - great. But, when you don't try, don't care, and really don't have any intention of doing anything more than flaming the board with senseless post after senseless post - typically on the exact same subject...

Banning is perfectly acceptable and appropriate in my opinion - AFTER asking someone to not be a twit.
He has been asked, just look at some of the posts he is involved in.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
.... I think....someone....should teach....him....about....punctuation.... :D

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
I just read some of this guy's posts.

Has anyone considered this guy might be mentally challenged?

I'm struggling with this. He is definitely not insane - but he apparently thinks he's clever. The trouble is - his posts are so hard to understand, his antics are pretty much just annoying and any cleverness is merely transformed into a Where's Waldo game of find-the-point or decode-the-issue.

He likely thinks he's presenting a challenge to people to decode his messages and unveil the hidden message. I simply think it's clogging up our forums.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
My gut says, cut him.

But, after thinking about it, I'm not sure if that would be right. It would be funny as heck, but maybe not right. But funny! I have never seen a moderator have to result to cleaning up someones post history before. Amazing.

Maybe we need an intervention? Someone, not me, can give him a warning that he has to stopped doing all the annoying things he does or we will vote him out.

Just for starters,

1. Start using punctuation.
2. communicate using coherent sentences and structure.
3. GET TO THE FREAKING POINT. Preferably within ONE (1) (UNO) post.
4. Stop replying to your own post multiple times. Sit back, think your
question through and then after you are sure you have an entire thought,
write it per the above mentioned 1-3.
5. Quit being so freaking annoying.
6. Never ever, ever, use the phrase "higher than Giraffe snatch" again.

Feel free to add anything I left out. Once we have a good list, someone can creat a thread or PM for Mulester7. He get's a warning or two and then he's gone.

Shinerman

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Well if this survey doesn't speak a thousand words who knows what will get the point across?? We have been watching him, and his status has been discussed. I think banishment is a bit harsh. After all I think the guy is just trying to have a little fun. Hopefully this thread will slow him/her down, if not we will take the necessary action. :eek:

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I do find some of his post amusing. He hasn't bashed anyone that I recall. Everyone has their own way of putting things. I sometimes come off as being mad to people. I have to explain I am trying to help. I never intend to be mean or rude, but sometimes my opinion may offend. It looks to me as Mulester wants to be part of this. I think he is coming around. He is growing on me. I have removed him from my ignore list. :)

J

jotham

Audioholic
Is he human?

Honestly, my internal filters leap over mulester and don't pay attention. But one time, I read his post carefully in an attempt to understand it. In my job, I'm used to deconstructing complex trains of thought. I couldn't do it. I failed. I cried. It hurt.

What did occur to me, is whether or not Mulester was an actual person. It had an Eliza-like quality to the answers. Almost like a natural language engine programmed with audiophile terminology. Maybe some Comp. Sci. grad is messing with our heads.

Getting to the point. Banning sucks. If it were me, I would ban him. Banning sucks, but stupidity sucks more. He may have some useful knowledge but it's buried in a ton of crap.

My two cents...

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Doesnt it say on the med bottles not to drink with them?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
shokhead said:
Doesnt it say on the med bottles not to drink with them?
No. All addicts know it says: Drinking will intensify the effect of the drug. :D

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Is there a precedent on this site for banishment? Certainly there are on other sites. If it has happened here, I would be interested in the circumstances. I agree the posts seem written by a complete twit but then again I have been guilty of poorly worded posts myself on occaision so I don't want to throw the first stone.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
It's easy enough to skip his/her posts and read the others trying to decipher his/her comments (why do all the hard work yourself). My thing is that I think his/her inane posts detract from the real useful information that is generally given here. There have been whole threads that I was interested in that I stopped reading becuase I didn't want to wade through all the BS associated with his/her comments.

If it was just an occasional e.e. cummings style comment that everyone ignored and went on with the discussion, that would be one thing. But people here are generally nice and helpful and therefore try to figure out what he's (she's) saying so that 1) they can help him/her and 2) they can decode what he/she is saying for the rest of the community (especially the unsuspecting newbie who’s thread he's hijacked).

Generally, I'm against banning people. There have been a number of posters that elicit a groan from me every time I see their name. But I've never even considered banning them. I just know what to expect from them and take it with a grain of salt. In this case, I believe the "mule" is generally harming the integrity of the forums. If he/she can't get their act together soon, I'd have to say Ban.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis