Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Never had a Grace cart but I read great reviews. My all-time favorite MM cart was the Shure V15Type3. But my favorite cart was the MC Dynavector 10x3. I guess I could upgrade my REGA Carbon on my Planar 3 but since most of my LP's are used I like the conical stylus.
Yeah, for the past decade or so I've really enjoyed the Benz Micro sound I have now. Did give a listen prior to COVID setting in to one of the Hana cartridges mounted on a new generation Technics (1200G), a very nice combination I could easily live with and enjoy.

As of late I have some interest in Lederman's 'Soundsmith' line of cartridges

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Still using the same tt for last 36/37 years, a Technics SL1200mk2. Don't remember all the cartridges I used with that and the Dual 1219 I had before that....currently using the Shure M97Xe which will likely be the last one as well. I have used several other Shures, Grados, Empire, Stanton, and a few others I'm not coming up with.....
Had Shures Empires but never had a Grado. How did you like it? I always read things about the Grados.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
At their price they still seem to be. But they reportedly produce hum in REGAs, so I won't be trying one anytime soon in my Planar 3.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
At their price they still seem to be. But they reportedly produce hum in REGAs, so I won't be trying one anytime soon in my Planar 3.
it's more than REGA ..........

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
it's more than REGA ..........

Thanks Mike I haven't seen that chart in a while. Too bad Grado doesn't shield their carts they could be more universally accepted. They supposedly have great sound. Too bad because I do think they make great sounding headphones and I currently own a SR60 and it is my preferred phone.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
David, my user name 'Mikado463' is that of a famous class of steam locomotive, Mikado class and 463 is one of my favorite narrow gauge engines that roamed the the former DRG&W in Colorado. I've ridden behind her several times.

as for my name, same as yours !
Thanks David, I envy you for getting the pleasure of riding behind that locomotive. I did once have the pleasure of taking an Amtrak train form San Antonio to Pittsburgh when I left the Air force. Really saw some of the country you don't see on interstates.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Light it up.
What are the spec? What are the components that comprise this TT? I'm doing the same thing with my displays and a multicolor LED strip acting as my back light. I don't see what the big deal is. *LOL*

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis