afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
headphone jack issues again ?
Hi Mikado! No. I had to return the Yammy had volume issues. Bought the Yammy R-V501 for $5 today. Clean her up good no more dust.
:) Hooked up speakers everything works great Stereo wise, but turntable works good on the left side, but right side is faintly heard on speaker. Any advice?
IMG_20200101_142431_619.jpg

After cleanup.
IMG_20200102_162426_060.jpg

From yesterday:
IMG_20200101_190756_858.jpg

IMG_20200101_190031_385.jpg

Well this sucks the Yammy is not good. It goes to loud then volume goes to medium volume. Back and forth. Back it goes. Hopefully I can get something else. When it does play it sounds good poof low to medium volume. Here is the table it was 13 bucks. The speakers are on the DCM boxes covered with pillow sheets for now. :) To my surprise the DCM do go low in a smaller room. Oh the used sub! I'll set it up later. Still got more stuff to do, but thought I'd share the beginning stages. Rah.
IMG_20200102_110330_027.jpg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, so your receiver is the problem then ?
No the yammy I got today is working great. It's the turntable I'm talking about. When playing a record it play good on the left side, but faintly on the right.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
No the yammy I got today is working great. It's the turntable I'm talking about. When playing a record it play good on the left side, but faintly on the right.
try reversing the cables(L/R) from tt to receiver (or phono pre) and see if it 'follows'

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
OK my opologies. I switched the cables and it seems like the white cable is giving the faint sound. The red one is good. I bought an extra headshell for to see if that is the problem. I was gonna get an extra one anyway, so I don't have to rewire another cart. It should be here in 3-4 days. I have a AT3600 cart coming in about a week or two from China.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
OK my opologies. I switched the cables and it seems like the white cable is giving the faint sound. The red one is good. I bought an extra headshell for to see if that is the problem. I was gonna get an extra one anyway, so I don't have to rewire another cart. It should be here in 3-4 days. I have a AT3600 cart coming in about a week or two from China.
The contacts would oxidize when these were new, so it's very likely that they have the same problem now although it's possible that the cartridge is bad. You can check this by swapping the wires on the cartridge- if the problem stays on the same side, the next step would be to clean the contacts (or, you can do these in reverse order).

Use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on the headshell and the end of the tonearm- it will fit into the end and you can rotate it a few times while it's touching the contacts.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks HF. OK I did that and nothing. I also criss cross the wires on the cartridge and wierd instead of it playing on the right side it still plays on the left. Any ideas? Could it be the cartridge or the headshell?

highfigh

highfigh

Thanks HF. OK I did that and nothing. I also criss cross the wires on the cartridge and wierd instead of it playing on the right side it still plays on the left. Any ideas? Could it be the cartridge or the headshell?
If the problem moves after swapping the headshell wires, it's the cartridge. Use one pair and connect it to both channels- if you hear one channel as louder, it would be a bad cartridge since you have eliminated the other variables. I just replaced a cartridge for the same reason a couple of weeks ago.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If the problem moves after swapping the headshell wires, it's the cartridge. Use one pair and connect it to both channels- if you hear one channel as louder, it would be a bad cartridge since you have eliminated the other variables. I just replaced a cartridge for the same reason a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks alot HF! Dang I had a feeling. Back to Amazon the cartridge goes.

cornemuse

cornemuse

Junior Audioholic
Bought the Yammy R-V501 for $5 today.
I dont know how new/old it is, but, does anybody make a ½ way decent AVRec. with actual bass, treble, & balance knobs on the unit itself, or actual, dedicated, base, treble, & balance buttons on the remote?? Anybody? (like on this R-V501)

-c-

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I dont know how new/old it is, but, does anybody make a ½ way decent AVRec. with actual bass, treble, & balance knobs on the unit itself, or actual, dedicated, base, treble, & balance buttons on the remote?? Anybody? (like on this R-V501)

-c-
Unfortunately I didn't get a remote with it. I'm definitely not complaining though. I was trying to find what year R-V501 was manufactured, but couldn't find a date. I'm thinking late 90's. There is no hdmi and no Subwoofer in. If you can find one for less than $30 go for it at a local thrift shop, it sounds amazing. I bought it cause it had a Phono in.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Returning the faulty cartridge to Amazon and ordered one of my favorite cartridges used AT110E on fleabay:
ATC110E-2_large.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Mikado which cartS do you own and music you listen to? and don't say the Flintstones! :)
my current cartridge is the Benz / Micro - Gullwing.

Music is for the most part is anything but rap, I don't consider that to be music. Currently have some Mannheim Steamroller playing in the background ...........

highfigh

highfigh

Music is for the most part is anything but rap, I don't consider that to be music. Currently have some Mannheim Steamroller playing in the background ...........
As someone whose boss used Mannheim Steamroller to demo EVERYTHING FOR ALMOST A YEAR at the stereo store, it's possible to never want to hear another note by them. OTOH, playing their sampler that was available at the Consumer Electronics Show at 33-1/3 RPM instead of 45 RPM was a really good way to sell speakers. We just never looked at the label to see the correct speed because it was a 12" record.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Went to the thrift store and found this Hitachi HT-356($5.99 a couple of hairline scratches) turntable direct drive. What a beauty in person and Integra Bluray player DBS-50.3(minty $7.99 which is a system of its own) matches with my Integra reciever. Waiting on my cartridge will be here tomorrow. Rah :)
IMG_20200111_203013_810.jpg

IMG_20200111_202912_441.jpg

IMG_20200111_202652_231.jpg

IMG_20200111_202809_168.jpg

My vinyl setup is done! :p

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Went to the thrift store and found this Hitachi HT-356($5.99 a couple of hairline scratches) turntable direct drive. What a beauty in person and Integra Bluray player DBS-50.3(minty $7.99 which is a system of its own) matches with my Integra reciever. Waiting on my cartridge will be here tomorrow. Rah :)
View attachment 33284
View attachment 33285
View attachment 33286
View attachment 33287
My vinyl setup is done! :p
You've had some trials and tribulations in this arena; but, it appears you're getting a kick out of it all. I don't have the patience you do. I hope the cart you have ordered works out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis