mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Yes there is a Advantage. So you can Aim the drivers at the listening position

E

EscapeV3locity

Junior Audioholic
So you can Aim the drivers at the listening position
These speakers are pre-angled to 30 degrees and that angle cannot be changed. Given this limitation is it still worth getting the A (angled) version over R (regular?)?

Thanks

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Wouldn't they be Aim'd during installation?

Last edited:
E

EscapeV3locity

Junior Audioholic
I called Paradigm and they confirmed that the angled speakers are for very large rooms. I told them these will be used for atmos height speakers in a HT environment and he guided me to using the P90-R, given my room size and that the front and back height speakers are only 8 feet apart with listener in the 4 feet zone. He said these are wide dispersion speakers and are the right ones to use instead of the P90-A which are 30 degrees angled and require very precise calculations to direct sound into the sweet listening spot, meaning your seating area or speaker placement would require adjustments.

E

EscapeV3locity

Junior Audioholic
Hey all,

Went to demo more speakers, but the dealer was pushing hard on me dropping the Marantz AV7705 pre-pro and going for an ARCAM or Anthem AVR. Most of my time was spent on discussing why those 2 receivers are "way better" then Denon or Marantz.

Anyway, wanted to get your opinion on upgrading from the Paradigm Premier set of 7.4 speaker to a Prestiege 85F 7.4 setup. The cost difference would be around $2800 CDN. I'm wondering if its worth the money or if I should at that point start looking at completely different set of speakers? My primary use of these will be movie watching and I guess some movies have music or are musical.

Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis