Very Limited Sony HTST 5000 Review

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
After watching 4K Star Trek I was very impressed with the overall detailed, powerful and encompassing audio but was less thrilled with the 5000's Atmos performance. To say it reached and bounced off the standard height ceiling was a great disappointment. There was plenty of audio from the Atmos speakers but not I was expecting. From now on I will not expect much from the 5000's Atmos feature. I'll leave true Atmos to the true speaker systems.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
After watching 4K Star Trek I was very impressed with the overall detailed, powerful and encompassing audio but was less thrilled with the 5000's Atmos performance. To say it reached and bounced off the standard height ceiling was a great disappointment. There was plenty of audio from the Atmos speakers but not I was expecting. From now on I will not expect much from the 5000's Atmos feature. I'll leave true Atmos to the true speaker systems.
@Calvert, so you did get a new soundbar? I missed that. Congratulations!

Do you have placement issues? Maybe moving the 5000 will help with the Atmos. A few inches forward or backward may make a difference. Have you gone through the settings?
Find a scene or two that are dynamic and play those same scenes over and over until you get the sound you want.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting notes Calvert. I think what you’ve discovered is the unfortunate reality of dubious marketing. It’s a point of frustration for me that manufacturers keep telling people that they can have true atmos with one single stick under the tv, or or any number of crazy things they try to sell us.
I believe you mentioned that overall the Sony sounds better than your former Bose unit. So that’s a plus!

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic

Do you have placement issues? Maybe moving the 5000 will help with the Atmos. A few inches forward or backward may make a difference. Have you gone through the settings?
Find a scene or two that are dynamic and play those same scenes over and over until you get the sound you want.
The Soundbar is one inch back of the media cabinets front edge. Our 8’ ceiling is flat. Thanks

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
Interesting notes Calvert. I think what you’ve discovered is the unfortunate reality of dubious marketing. It’s a point of frustration for me that manufacturers keep telling people that they can have true atmos with one single stick under the tv, or or any number of crazy things they try to sell us.
I believe you mentioned that overall the Sony sounds better than your former Bose unit. So that’s a plus!
Thank you.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic

With aid from Sony an Audio setting that enables Atmos was turned off. I have frontal lobe issues so I have no idea which setting. Just glad it now works. While not a burn burner the Atmos does add to audio enjoyment. Thanks for replaying.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
The Soundbar is one inch back of the media cabinets front edge. Our 8’ ceiling is flat. Thanks
Now that that the Hubs sensor is within the grill the soundbar has been moved nearer to the edge.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
So true. We who own soundbars with so called full features took the red pill.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis