UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
You guys got a lot of free time this morning hey? ;) :D
LOL. :)

Skeeter...thanks for the history. Nah...I don't consider those Onix speakers to be associated with AV123. But now that you mention it....where is my bazooka?! :D ;)

B

bmf795

Audioholic Intern
Jed

you still have your UFW-12?

I am about to have the amp only upgrade out:D
How much is that upgrade going to cost? I paid for the HR but the amp made nasty clacking sounds and it was never resolved. I still have the original parts that I took out of the original sub.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
How much is that upgrade going to cost? I paid for the HR but the amp made nasty clacking sounds and it was never resolved. I still have the original parts that I took out of the original sub.
It looks like $200.

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
LOL. :)

Skeeter...thanks for the history. Nah...I don't consider those Onix speakers to be associated with AV123. But now that you mention it....where is my bazooka?! :D ;)
Yeah, they technically are but just like you wouldn't consider Swans to be an AV123 item, you wouldn't consider Onix to be an AV123 item. I wouldn't at least, especially now with Hugh handling Onix :D

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Very true. But AV123 was the only seller of these in the US so they had to have come from them. It wasn't an AV123 designed or engineered speaker but it did come through the AV123 channels.
What about the rosewood version of the Ref1? The Ref1 LE I think it was called.

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
What about the rosewood version of the Ref1? The Ref1 LE I think it was called.
As far as I know, ALL Onix came from AV123 during the 2000's but I could be wrong. Hugh would most likely know best.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
As far as I know, ALL Onix came from AV123 during the 2000's but I could be wrong. Hugh would most likely know best.
What I meant was did AV123 have any influence in bringing that model to market? In the "Rocket" rosewood, it cost much less, and was also for a time offered as a bundle with the tube amp.

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
My guess is they did have some input in bringing that particular finish to hit a price point as part of a package.

The only 2 people who know exactly how it's done are Schifter and Mr. Pu.
Naturally, Mr. Pu does not want to talk about Schifter, period.
What I meant was did AV123 have any influence in bringing that model to market? In the "Rocket" rosewood, it cost much less, and was also for a time offered as a bundle with the tube amp.

T

themusicman

Audiophyte
I'm glad to see some of the people from that site are still around.

I've got an unpacked mfw15 in storage that I haven't even opened yet and have my fingers and toes crossed. I got it off Mark in place of the elusive Xplosives I ordered. I wanted to use up my credit before they closed shop so I ordered a b-stock mfw that showed up as c-stock. I called and spoke to Mark and he had a beautiful one in the showroom he would send me but took so long to send it that I moved before it arrived. I had my realtor put it in our house we were selling and finally moved it into storage until our new house is built.

I hope all of my speakers made the trip unscathed but won't know for sure for several months. It's sad what transpired but it's good that some of you have persevered through this tragic loss. ROCK ON... ;)

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
Did anyone pick up some stuff from the liquidation? As much as I hate to say this, for the DIYer it looks like there could have been some nice buys there, if I was local I'd probably have jumped on a couple of stuff...

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I'm glad to see some of the people from that site are still around.

I've got an unpacked mfw15 in storage that I haven't even opened yet and have my fingers and toes crossed. I got it off Mark in place of the elusive Xplosives I ordered. I wanted to use up my credit before they closed shop so I ordered a b-stock mfw that showed up as c-stock. I called and spoke to Mark and he had a beautiful one in the showroom he would send me but took so long to send it that I moved before it arrived. I had my realtor put it in our house we were selling and finally moved it into storage until our new house is built.

I hope all of my speakers made the trip unscathed but won't know for sure for several months. It's sad what transpired but it's good that some of you have persevered through this tragic loss. ROCK ON... ;)
So you haven't seen the finish yet? The adjective "beautiful" in this case gives me an image of a guy on the streets trying to sell me a cheap watch.

M

Murrel

Audioholic Intern
Sorry my mistake it is Version 1 and it could be Nomex. I had read a review where it was listed as a Kevlar cone

Murrel

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
It might be Kevlar. It could be both Kevlar and Nomex. Who knows... The forums are gone so it's not like we can go look it up.

FWIW, those are the original drivers AV123 pulled from the UFW-12's because MLS wasn't happy with the performance. No customer ever got them, so who knows how good they are.

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
It might be Kevlar. It could be both Kevlar and Nomex. Who knows... The forums are gone so it's not like we can go look it up.

FWIW, those are the original drivers AV123 pulled from the UFW-12's because MLS wasn't happy with the performance. No customer ever got them, so who knows how good they are.
Actually, they were made of Kevmex, a proprietary blend created by TADG in their secret Longmont laboratories.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Any idea when Mark's kimono will be sold? Now, that basically everything has either been sold - or, to be sold, I figured this would be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis