UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sandbagger

Audioholic Intern
Someone posted over at AVS that the cost of shipping (packing, handling, etc.) a single MFW to NY (Brooklyn I presume) was $335. Ouch!
and you folks complained about av123s shipping!!!!!!!:eek:

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
The picture they used for those LS6 cabinets (Rosewood or Pali) is of my Piano Rosewood (PR) ones. :)

I was tempted to bid on those when I first saw since I thought they're all PR and then I noticed the description...No deal. :D

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
The picture they used for those LS6 cabinets (Rosewood or Pali) is of my Piano Rosewood (PR) ones. :)

I was tempted to bid on those when I first saw since I thought they're all PR and then I noticed the description...No deal. :D
Those are yours? Are you talking about these:

Did you pay for them and them just not deliver them now they're selling them in the auction??

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Yes and no. :)

Those are mine and they are playing beautiful music in my home now.

They took the picture to show me how they looked prior to shipping to me.

Nevertheless, Schifter/av123 still owe me a few more pairs of LS9 which I paid in full at the very beginning of the LS pre-pay.

The rest of the story is handling by my attorney as well as a few frineds working for the government.

What I meant to say is they, once again, are using bait and switch by showing picture of PR cabinets while the auctioned items are not of such finish.
Those are yours? Are you talking about these:

Did you pay for them and them just not deliver them now they're selling them in the auction??

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
Yes and no. :)

Those are mine and they are playing beautiful music in my home now.

They took the picture to show me how they looked prior to shipping to me.

Nevertheless, Schifter/av123 still owe me a few more pairs of LS9 which I paid in full at the very beginning of the LS pre-pay.

The rest of the story is handling by my attorney as well as a few frineds working for the government.

What I meant to say is they, once again, are using bait and switch by showing picture of PR cabinets while the auctioned items are not of such finish.
Ok, that makes sense. Yeah, I've noticed the same picture for multiple items being incorrect. Very nice ... :( Those are BEAUTIFUL cabinets ... Did Pu make them for you or are these ones Lucid?

I hope you get taken care of my friend, this whole situation just turned out horrible for everyone involved.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I know you were one of Mark's nearest and dearest friends, Hugh. I'm sure he figured you would understand if he completed other orders first before getting around to yours. Perhaps you can find it in the goodness of your heart to visit Mark should he be incarcerated.

On other notes, someone gave me a heads up on a new website: http://markschifter.com/

No idea who owns it but it looks exciting!

Also on even more other notes, a search of 'mlschifter' turns up that he's having problems with Google phone and his other phones. Maybe all those phone stories had some teeth to them, eh?

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
I did a search for mlschifter and found his photobucket account. Came across these guys and was surprised we never saw these renderings:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Just in case that somehow gets deleted, I downloaded all the pictures and videos.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I did a search for mlschifter and found his photobucket account. Came across these guys and was surprised we never saw these renderings:

I am pretty sure we saw those, but a long time ago. I may be wrong but I think those were one of the stratas, maybe even the original drawing of the mini. At least thats kind of what I remember.

Edit: Nope it doesn't have the ribbon. Hmm... I could have sworn I remember those but I saw so many sketches I may be just really confused. :D

Edit-Edit: Nevermind, I just saw its the original sketch of the x-statik.

Edit-Edit-Edit: I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue. :confused: You are right, Skeeter. Those are the x-statik jr's. I don't think we ever did see those.

Last edited:
T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
and you folks complained about av123s shipping!!!!!!!:eek:
Let's put this in perspective the price was $30 on average for the mfw . So that's %1000 markup.
Maybe the plan is for everyone to refuse to pay for shipping costs and auction it all again?
I don't think they made more than 15k on the items sold.
Anyone do a official tally?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I was happy with the speakers, and became active in the forum. I went to the NW GTG, met MLS, Seaton, and a bunch of forum regulars.
I feel it necessary to make a comment for clarity purposes. The referred event was not THE Northwest GTG (this year titled the Great Northwest GTG...GNW GTG) held on the Oregon coast.

AV123 products have not been within bazooka range of any of our events. :)

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
I feel it necessary to make a comment for clarity purposes. The referred event was not THE Northwest GTG (this year titled the Great Northwest GTG...GNW GTG) held on the Oregon coast.

AV123 products have not been within bazooka range of any of our events. :)
When ShawnMC and I arranged the GTG Kaz is talking about, we called it the NW GTG as we had people from Canada, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Washington and people even flew/drove in from other states. It was just a different NW GTG than you're talking about :)

And, actually, last year at your GTG there was a set of Birds Eye Maple REF3's modified by The Ninja there so technically there were AV123 products, just none actually supplied by AV123.

Last edited:
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
And, actually, last year at your GTG there was a set of Birds Eye Maple REF3's modified by The Ninja there so technically there were AV123 products, just none actually supplied by AV123.

Of course, by 2009 AV123 hadn't sold Onix for a while and never controlled any of the Onix product development or manufacturing, so he could probably argue that Onix at the time didn't have anything to do with AV123.

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
Of course, by 2009 AV123 hadn't sold Onix for a while and never controlled any of the Onix product development or manufacturing, so he could probably argue that Onix at the time didn't have anything to do with AV123.
Very true. But AV123 was the only seller of these in the US so they had to have come from them. It wasn't an AV123 designed or engineered speaker but it did come through the AV123 channels. Shawn probably got them while he still worked there but he could say the definitive yeah or neh on that one. But we're just splitting hairs on a matter that really doesn't matter :D

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
You guys got a lot of free time this morning hey? ;) :D
The power went out this morning at work and the UPS that handles the network failed so we're under water now. Not much else to do :) I'm surfing on my droid ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis