Unusual Speakers for the rich and famous

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Wilsons Chronosonic's ideas of time-alignment are garbage, don't let them convince you those are serious speakers. The fact is they would have a whole number of problems, even specifically pertaining to time-domain issues.
I never listen to them but recently auditioned the Sabrina X's which I thought sounded superb !

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I never listen to them but recently auditioned the Sabrina X's which I thought sounded superb !
I have heard a number of Wilson systems, and I never thought they sounded bad, but they have all measured unacceptably poorly for the price they charge.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have heard a number of Wilson systems, and I never thought they sounded bad, but they have all measured unacceptably poorly for the price they charge.
Not something likely to bother the Wilson fans, tho....

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
$93,000 for the Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirit. Man, is that thing ugly.
Reminds me of the yellow teletubie. I wonder if anybody has gotten four of these in the correct colors for their young kids room so they could watch and be surrounded by Teletubies? That child would never get out of therapy...

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Some very interesting speakers from this manufacturer:

The Robb reports says prices range from $36K to $450K..
Ironic1.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Some very interesting speakers from this manufacturer:

The Robb reports says prices range from $36K to $450K..
Their full line of products all have very unique designs. Have to give them credit for originality.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Their full line of products all have very unique designs. Have to give them credit for originality.
I still have a tab open on their site. Definitely some original designs but I see no measurements and vague specs. Not saying that makes them bad speakers, but why not include that info on your site?

Also, I even watched a couple of videos of their foundry and how those Ironic speakers are cast, but I have no clue why, how or what that design works or what the purpose of it is.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I still have a tab open on their site. Definitely some original designs but I see no measurements and vague specs. Not saying that makes them bad speakers, but why not include that info on your site?

Also, I even watched a couple of videos of their foundry and how those Ironic speakers are cast, but I have no clue why, how or what that design works or what the purpose of it is.
Yes, they are an odd company- they don’t allow reviews and do not publish pricing... Kind of like, “If you’re all about measurements, you’ve come to the wrong place...”

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
The gluttony of the rich and famous. I hate to go all religious and Biblical, but spending some of those prices on speakers is sinful. These are same types people that wouldn't give a homeles person $5.00. Not only is it sinful, it's stupid because the human ears can only hear so much. In my opinion, if a speaker company can't design high fidelity speakers for $20K max, they're a mediocre company and should get out the business of manufacturing speakers. This is ridiculous, what some of the rich and famous do, like purchase a $5,000 bottle of wine. It's pretentious and sinful, especially when you see homeless encampments all over America.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The gluttony of the rich and famous. I hate to go all religious and Biblical, but spending some of those prices on speakers is sinful. These are same types people that wouldn't give a homeles person $5.00. Not only is it sinful, it's stupid because the human ears can only hear so much. In my opinion, if a speaker company can't design high fidelity speakers for $20K max, they're a mediocre company and should get out the business of manufacturing speakers. This is ridiculous, what some of the rich and famous do, like purchase a $5,000 bottle of wine. It's pretentious and sinful, especially when you see homeless encampments all over America.
so I take it you're neither rich or famous ? ;)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, they are an odd company- they don’t allow reviews and do not publish pricing... Kind of like, “If you’re all about measurements, you’ve come to the wrong place...”
The Monarch speakers sure make a visual statement but you have to wonder what kind of engineering went into these designs?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Buy blindly! Then, it's a product to avoid by all means!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis