Unusual Speakers for the rich and famous

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Just a fun thread for posting those crazy expensive speakers that most of us will never hear or buy. I'll start with the NOLA that I recently came across on Reddit. $350,000 Cdn for the Concert Grand Reference Gold. They also have the The Grand Reference VI Gold for $630,000 Cdn (two towers per channel). Lots of wealthy asians in Vancouver, British Columbia. :D

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That store also carries the full KEF line. I have seen the Blades before ($32,000 - $40,000 Cdn) but never the KEF Muon. What a beast! Only $300,000 Cdn. (Edit: added a photo with the designer for scale, $225,000 US retail).

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Here I fixed it for you. :D Those you posted up are for the working rich perps. These are for the Wealthy! 1%ers :cool:.
7FAC15AB-CD75-4259-88E5-BD2E3E1779C7.jpeg
0C89AC45-C266-445B-8EA6-7ABF1552FA56.jpeg
66BC42AF-06C2-445D-812A-9C1A5DC3C73A.jpeg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Just a fun thread for posting those crazy expensive speakers that most of us will never hear or buy. I'll start with the NOLA that I recently came across on Reddit. $350,000 Cdn for the Concert Grand Reference Gold. They also have the The Grand Reference VI Gold for $630,000 Cdn (two towers per channel). Lots of wealthy asians in Vancouver, British Columbia. :D

Those NOLA things look like an acoustic disaster. I hope that buyers enjoy the sound of extreme comb-filtering, cuz that's what you're gonna get.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I knew the Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX would get posted. $329,000 U.S. I believe. I know a dealer in Toronto that actually has a pair of these.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Those NOLA things look like an acoustic disaster. I hope that buyers enjoy the sound of extreme comb-filtering, cuz that's what you're gonna get.
@shadyJ I didn't know those where made here in to USA? NOLA really? Dam learn something everyday here on AH. NOLA=New Orleans Louisiana. :p;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
No context!!!! Who built this and website where from?
Does it matter? Google man, it's real easy just click click. Not here to start a pissing contest. :p But there are some on AH who will accommodate. Just hang tight..;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, don't forget about the $5 mil turd shaped gold speakers "Aural Pleasure"... snicker.

1212hart.promo_ (1).jpg

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
This is the market where buyers keep score with their rich buddies on how much they spend rather than how good it actually sounds.

I used to have a showroom with some high-end speakers from Vero Research. I demo'd them for a customer who was referred to me by an employee who was my repair customer. His employee reported back that he loved them, but they just weren't expensive enough.

Go figure. Expensive MUST be better...RIIIIGHT?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis