UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

annunaki

annunaki

I agree. He has been performing much better as of late. He definitely transcends the car. If you don't believe me, look at his teammate :)

As a side note, I feel Alonso would do fairly well to stay put or move to the Munich/Hinwil based camp. Those would be the best two options on the table for next year anyway.

annunaki

annunaki

After the 2nd free practice, Alonso is looking pretty good. The Ferrari's & McLarens are right up there as well. I would look for Alonso to play a bit of spoiler this weekend. Depending upon quali tomorrow, he may be on the podium this weekend. It has been quite some time since that happened. It would also help solidify Renault as a much improving squad.

majorloser

majorloser

After the 2nd free practice, Alonso is looking pretty good.
Do you want to change your mind? :p

The practice and qualifying were just as I suspected. This track is just too damn narrow with some really lousy corners. And that's not even taking into account how bumpy of a ride the cars are subjected to.

It will be fun to watch Sunday, but definitely not one of the better tracks.

annunaki

annunaki

Do you want to change your mind? :p

The practice and qualifying were just as I suspected. This track is just too damn narrow with some really lousy corners. And that's not even taking into account how bumpy of a ride the cars are subjected to.

It will be fun to watch Sunday, but definitely not one of the better tracks.
Had he not had a technical error (car) he would have been top four (by my estimation).

majorloser

majorloser

Who's your daddy.:p
He got DAMN lucky!!!

I really don't like that track. If that's the future of F1 it's not for me. And they actually had the nerve to compare it to Monaco. :mad:
Ain't even in the same league.

I know they had great spectator turnout and participation from the Singapore government/people, but the road track was the pits. Too damn narrow and rough. The curbs on turn 10 were ridiculous. Imagine what that track would be like in the rain. And it usually rains there. I'm truly surprised there wasn't more contact or hitting the walls.

Give me real tracks: Spa, Nurburing, Siverstone, Imola, Hockenheim...
Yeah, I know. I'm biased toward the European tracks. But you can't blame me when you have beautiful views like racing through the forest around Hockenheim! And you can never get anywhere near the elite level of Monaco. Lousy track or not, Monaco is the race of kings.

I found this site that give Satelite images just in case you forgot all the great tracks:
http://f1gmap.googlepages.com/f1circuits.htm#

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
He got DAMN lucky!!!
I was waiting on your answer.:D Yeah he got very lucky to get a win but I was still correct in that this type of "green" track would bring him closer to the top in terms of race performance.:)

I really don't like that track. If that's the future of F1 it's not for me. And they actually had the nerve to compare it to Monaco. :mad:
Ain't even in the same league.

I know they had great spectator turnout and participation from the Singapore government/people, but the road track was the pits. Too damn narrow and rough. The curbs on turn 10 were ridiculous. Imagine what that track would be like in the rain. And it usually rains there. I'm truly surprised there wasn't more contact or hitting the walls.

Yeah, I know. I'm biased toward the European tracks. But you can't blame me when you have beautiful views like racing through the forest around Hockenheim! And you can never get anywhere near the elite level of Monaco. Lousy track or not, Monaco is the race of kings.

I found this site that give Satelite images just in case you forgot all the great tracks:
http://f1gmap.googlepages.com/f1circuits.htm#
I don't care for tight street courses. I've never cared for Monaco. Respected the value and history of Monaco but 3 out of 4 races are week at best. Looks to me that Singapore wont be much different.

Thanks for the link!

SBF1

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I think the track has some promise, but needs to be fine-tuned for more interesting racing. The track definately need a resurface for F1 racing, too bumpy! It must have been quite the workout driving 61 laps around there. The whole turn 10 complex is silly and should be completely reworked. It may be the lamest chicane in F1. Why the heck are the curbs so high???? I do think though, that's it's a little early to completely give up.

The problem with a place like Silverstone is that it's in the middle of freaking nowhere! Same with Magny-Cours and Spa to some extent. Spa can be forgiven because it's the best race track ever. Silverstone and Magny are Bleh IMO. It's hard for people to get to, and there's nothing to do after the race. I've always loved going to the Canadian GP in Montreal because of the atmosphere and night life. Everyone in the town seems to get F1 fever. Not to mention all the supercars you see on the road for the weekend. Other than the history and location, Monaco really is a garbage circuit for modern F1 cars. I really miss Suzuka on the circuit, which I think is a terrific track (spoon curve anyone?). Fuji is OK, maybe I'll enjoy it more without so much rain.

With all that said, night races are AWESOME, and I think we should have more of them, but not necessarily on street circuts exclusively. Spa at night....sounds like fun. :D

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
I just wish we could get this in HD :mad:
Couldn't agree more. I thought the race looked amazing at the weekend, and would love to see it in HD.

The problem is exacerbated by the fact that, in the UK, F1 is shown on one of the worst (quality) of our digital SD channels, and anything that moves quickly (i.e. F1) ends up looking like a p0rn download. Well, noisier perhaps, though a little less pink :D.

Ahhh. Spa. Oh for the opportunity to take an F1 car through Eau Rouge (and the ability to do it without killing myself).

The problem with a place like Silverstone is that it's in the middle of freaking nowhere!
Steady on, I live just a few miles from nowhere ;)

PS Am I the only evil person who laughed like a drain as Massa was chased down the pit lane by a 20 foot silver anaconda? The race really belonged to him that weekend; shame about Ferrari's c*ck up with giving him a green light too early.

majorloser

majorloser

Well, I didn't exactly laugh at Massa in the pit lane. I was actually concerned about an accident or somebody getting badly injured. That was just total stupidity on the pit crew. I think that light system needs to be banned.

They interview the guy who designed the lighting for the track. He stated how the color temperature and placement was designed for HD television. Then went on about how good the track and the car colors looked in HD. :mad:

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
Well, I didn't exactly laugh at Massa in the pit lane. I was actually concerned about an accident or somebody getting badly injured. That was just total stupidity on the pit crew. I think that light system needs to be banned.
Fortunately, I understand none of the pit guys were seriously hurt. Apparently it was simply human error - one of the mechanics pressed 'the button' too early.

They interview the guy who designed the lighting for the track. He stated how the color temperature and placement was designed for HD television. Then went on about how good the track and the car colors looked in HD. :mad:
Good thinking - shows they've considered the issues (that's the kind of stuff that tends to get lost in big projects). Shame we can't see the results. Is F1 available in HD anywhere?

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I went to the Hockenheim race this year and it was booorrrinnngg...bad wreck though. Not enough passing for me. Plus it was more of a fashion show than like going to the race... very political yeah. I like DTM racing better personally.

annunaki

annunaki

Not having Canada on the calendar really stinks. It usually provided a pretty good race.

I was hoping they would have a late announcement of a USGP. :(

I will be looking towards 2010 now in hopes to attend a race on this side of the pond. My daughter really wants to attend a race with me. She keeps asking when we can go. Explaining Bernie's politics to an 8 yr. old is not something I want to do. :)

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
She keeps asking when we can go. Explaining Bernie's politics to an 8 yr. old is not something I want to do. :)
OK well...

"There exists this magical kingdom, where silly men spent millions of dollars making odd looking cars go round and round in circles, and it's all run by a silver-haired elf and the wicked witch, who also happens to be a sadomasochistic Naz*cough*gentleman."

majorloser

majorloser

Fuji 2008

Quite a good race today. Some quite aggressive driving, too. It's a shame it took till the end of the season for Ferrari to start bringing the race to Hamiton. My wife was actually cheering when he got spun.

But Kimi is about useless on the track. He was even making lame comments after qualifying. He's burned out.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Quite a good race today. Some quite aggressive driving, too. It's a shame it took till the end of the season for Ferrari to start bringing the race to Hamiton. My wife was actually cheering when he got spun.

But Kimi is about useless on the track. He was even making lame comments after qualifying. He's burned out.
Yea it's a shame about Kimi. He's either burned out or being a child about something. All that money, co-workers & fans behind you and he seems to be out for a Sunday drive...:confused: Good race though.:)

SBF1

annunaki

annunaki

Japan was a good race. I would venture a guess that Renault have worked out some of their problems and are a legitimate team again. China should tell the whole story there.

In any case, if Ferrari, meaning Felipe, can finish first in the last two with Raikkonen and Alonso taking points from Hamilton, he can sew it up and Hamilton will have another lost opportunity under his belt.

Alonso has come out in support of Massa for the title. It should be an interesting couple of races. Massa goes like mad in Brazil so I would expect him to get the win there. China remains the question mark. If it rains in either race, who knows what goes down?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis