UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

annunaki

annunaki

It appears as though Honda has a buyer!??

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/02/13/honda-saved-by-brazilian-investors/

Looks to be a bunch of Brazillian investors. More to come on that front I am sure.

USF1 is announcing their plans on 24 Feb. 09

Possibly live on Speed

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/02/13/usf1-team-to-reveal-plans-24-february/

It also looks like Alonso is getting some things worked out on the new Renault. He was only bested by Hamilton in the Macca today in Jerez (for the '09 cars)

annunaki

annunaki

Williams is said to be the only team using a mechanical system. Ferrari and Redbull may start without Kers, it can be assumed Toro Rosso won't either. Who knows with Honda now?

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
Williams is said to be the only team using a mechanical system. Ferrari and Redbull may start without Kers, it can be assumed Toro Rosso won't either. Who knows with Honda now?
Interesting. It's one of the many things I'm looking forward to with the new season - the new rules have resulted in lots of quite different cars, so it'll be good to see what does or doesn't work. I guess those not using KERS must have designed their cars so they could at least add it later in the season if it looks like a must have.

I'm a member of the IET (http://www.theiet.org/) and one of the magazines they sent out recently had a great article describing the KERS systems and the relative merits of the different technologies.

The mechanical systems are very clever, two discs with a sort of variable ratio transmission that changes based on whether it's charging or unloading.

Whilst not applicable to cars, one that caught my eye was a hydraulic system being used in some refuse lorries; resulting in lower fuel consumption and less noise.

annunaki

annunaki

The press conference on speed just started. Too bad I am not available to watch. :(

It sounds like Windsor & Ken Anderson have set up a pretty strong foundation for the team.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Opinions

Okay...Who should the American drivers be???

annunaki

annunaki

I have not seen many American driver's with a whole lot of talent to be honest. I wouldn't mind wringing the car out though ;)

Front runners:

Possibly Kyle Busch (linked to a Toyota test)

Marco Andretti (give him a test)

Scott Speed (mediocre)

That Rossi character from the Formula BMW seriers looks promising.

Jenson Button appears to be on the market.

Other than that, the list looks short.

I say to start, Button to drive the car, Danica Patrick for some sponsorship $.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I have not seen many American driver's with a whole lot of talent to be honest. I wouldn't mind wringing the car out though ;)

Front runners:

Possibly Kyle Busch (linked to a Toyota test)

Marco Andretti (give him a test)

Scott Speed (mediocre)

That Rossi character from the Formula BMW seriers looks promising.

Jenson Button appears to be on the market.

Other than that, the list looks short.

I say to start, Button to drive the car, Danica Patrick for some sponsorship $.

That's why I asked...I'm drawing a blank on REAL talent. All the talent gos into NASCAR.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I agree Annunaki, Button to drive, Danika for the hype, maybe a youngster from a junior formula and a has been for test drivers. I think it's all American though so Button may be done for.

I don't know though, reading through the press statement, I don't get a feeling this will happen for 2010, seems pie-in-the-sky.

annunaki

annunaki

I feel that this will happen. Exactly how will be the big question. I like how Windsor is leveraging the American Market to gain an engine deal with a manufacturer. This also bodes well for sponsorship deals. I think the way they are setting the team up will allow for innovation and success. They should be able to drum up some sponsors.

Ken Anderson is no newbie when it comes to racing teams and smaller budgets. I think he has tech connections here in the states that will suit them quite well.

Button would be a solid choice for them. Most Americans don't mid Brits and like the accent ;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Spiffing! Marvelous! Glad you chaps over the pond like us! :D
Yeah, Brits are like that crazy Uncle that always gets drunk at the family reunion!:p Who doesn't like that!:D

annunaki

annunaki

Much of my lineage is from England. There is a town outside Surrey that bears my surname. My ancestors date back there into the mid to early 1500's. I don't much choice but to like them ;)

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
So Honda is likely now Brackley F1 and Ross Brawn is part owner? Somehow, it strikes me that when Ross left Ferrari, he knew Honda was going to go under and joined in to get a jump on the purchase. Smart move.

annunaki

annunaki

Brawn is the only reason they have not fallen off the grid and/or that there is any serious outside interest. He has proven he can take a team somewhere. Once he gets established, he will go after a strong driver so as to build another Ferrari model (which he helped create). Button is good but he's no Alonso and definietly not Schumacher.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis