Ultra-loud car stereos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I could live with a law that limited a car to 1 - 8 inch sub and 100 watts max rms system power.
There are already laws like in effect, though not to that extent. See HERE. I don't like that idea and I don't think those laws will be effective. I do not want anyone limiting the number of speakers or the power of the system in my car. I don't blast my music but if I want to have 20 speakers strategically placed for the best possible sound dispersion for all passengers then I don't want to be told I cannot do it.

Laws limiting how loud the systems can be played are more effective because it is very obvious when a system is too loud. Systems with two speakers and a sub can bother people just as much as a system with 20 speakers.

M

markdi

Enthusiast
my car has 2 10 inch subs in 2 custom enclosures

with a 4 channel ads amp bridged to 200 watts per sub

another 4 channel ads amp powers the rear 6 by 9's and front 5 by 7 dash speakers

about 700 watts rms in a highly modified w41 ho quad four powered grand am.

I would rip it out in a heartbeat if every one else had to

and I would be happy to do it.

I own my own home and there are a lot of teenagers who live near me and their friends love to drive by really slow blasting their multi kilowatt car stereos - that is untill they meet my 6000 lumen hid spotlight.

besides I bought another grand am with a another ho quad four but it has an automatic trans.

I want to put the engine and transmission in my trunk

and make me a mini 400hp twinstar

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1269501.html

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
You are an example of why a law like that is not needed. You have a system capable of driving others nuts but you play it at a moderate level (I'm assuming). You seem to hate loud music enough to give up your good audio system so you don't have to endure 20 seconds of someone elses music.

I would never give up a system I spent a lot of money building because other people abuse their system's power.

The booming music does annoy me, but not that much. There isn't much of a problem with it in my neighborhood (none at all, in fact) so maybe I'm coming from a completely different perspective. I have to go into a city to hear it.

M

markdi

Enthusiast
my job is a 1/2 hour freeway trip each way so I listen to it
on the freeway.

I do not drive around residential streets at night blasting my stereo.

I would be afraid some one would chase me down beat me up or shoot me - or temporarally blind me with a powerfull hid spotlight.

less power - would be okay with me.

sdy284

sdy284

Audioholic
wow...the ignorance in this thread is [deleted] amazing!
talk about generalizing!

"Anyone who likes country music is a hillbilly, has more beer empty's in his pickup truck than teeth in his mouth, has a confederate flag license plate frame & has gun rack mounted in his truck. Not to mention the big "Git R Done" graphic that they have on their window"

"Anyone who likes classical music, is an tight-A$$ preppy, driving their camry in the slow lane @ the designated 55mph on the way to their luncheon with their country club snob friends"

"Anyone who likes heavy metal is a leather wearing biker, who hasn't shaved in 2 weeks & drinks all day & parties all night. They get into bar fights & ride in motorcycle gangs to the next bar only to do the same thing again."

all this is hilarious looking @ the fact that everyone that is criticizing rap music now, what was happening to you when you were a teenager? I'm sure your parents were telling you to "turn down that damn rock music" & that you shouldn't be listening to hendrix, kiss, led zeppelin, etc etc & thats not music @ all.

what do they say? "different strokes for different folks" Some people play their music to loud, yes, thats a given. But for those here that live in an appartment, condo, etc. I'm sure your neighbors love having things rattle off their shelves thanks to your home theater system.

You're not going to do anything about it (rap music, loud stereos) so just deal with it. I'm sure you all have habits that annoy somebody. Nothing is going to come out of this thread, so arguing about this is pointless. hopefully a moderator will acknowledge this & close it down.

You all need to accept the fact that there are different forms of music for everyone

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Your first mistake...

sdy284 said:
wow...the ignorance in this thread is amazing!
talk about generalizing!

"Anyone who likes country music is a hillbilly, has more beer empty's in his pickup truck than teeth in his mouth, has a confederate flag license plate frame & has gun rack mounted in his truck. Not to mention the big "Git R Done" graphic that they have on their window"

"Anyone who likes classical music, is an tight-A$$ preppy, driving their camry in the slow lane @ the designated 55mph on the way to their luncheon with their country club snob friends"

"Anyone who likes heavy metal is a leather wearing biker, who hasn't shaved in 2 weeks & drinks all day & parties all night. They get into bar fights & ride in motorcycle gangs to the next bar only to do the same thing again."

all this is hilarious looking @ the fact that everyone that is criticizing rap music now, what was happening to you when you were a teenager? I'm sure your parents were telling you to "turn down that damn rock music" & that you shouldn't be listening to hendrix, kiss, led zeppelin, etc etc & thats not music @ all.

what do they say? "different strokes for different folks" Some people play their music to loud, yes, thats a given. But for those here that live in an appartment, condo, etc. I'm sure your neighbors love having things rattle off their shelves thanks to your home theater system.

You're not going to do anything about it (rap music, loud stereos) so just deal with it. I'm sure you all have habits that annoy somebody. Nothing is going to come out of this thread, so arguing about this is pointless. hopefully a moderator will acknowledge this & close it down.

You all need to accept the fact that there are different forms of music for everyone
...is continued use of the oxymoron of the century...that being the term: rap music...

Secondly, the "parents" were right, as were theirs and theirs before them...ad infinitum, ad nauseum...each successive devolution of music which reflects the contemporary "tastes" and mores of the audience, is a simply a continued "lowering of the bar"...simply a fact.

Third, as an avid outdoorsman, whose Jeep sports a Confederate battle-flag, travels @55mph because it's the law and whose car stereo plays country from Hank Williams and Patsy Cline to Allison Krauss, classical from Bach to Wagner, jazz from Charlie Christian to Charlie Parker, rock from Blue Suede Shoes to Deep Purple to Pink Floyd and nearly every other genre from Natve American flute music to zydeco...I'm much too large to fit in a pigeon-hole...however, I don't force-feed anyone my taste(s) in music...My windows are closed when I drive, music (when playing) is at a reasonable level so as to hear horns/emergency sirens and well before I pull into my driveway and open my doors, the music is off so as not to intrude...and as I recall, that was the thrust of the thread at it's outset...

And no, the thread shouldn't be closed, moved to the Steam Vent maybe...definitely not closed...

Anyone catch Nancy Giles commentary on CBSs Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood re: the Oscars pick for Best Song 2006...

We'll talk...

jimHJJ(...if the thread is moved...)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
sdy284 said:
wow...the ignorance in this thread is amazing!
talk about generalizing!

Agreed. I hate rap music with a passion, and you know what I think about Country music "Its like masturbation except a rash never builds up to put it on hold for a day or 2." But I am not going to disown friends just because they like it.

Resident Loser just has a bone to pick and this is the only way he can do it. Ignore him and this whole thing will subside.

SheepStar

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I personally am not a rap "music" fan. and i think its a stretch that all hip hop has a place in the music world. But, the powers that be, have deemed it to be so. Rap has many musical components so while the "mic be flowin" it all has grammy potential. I will say, i have never heard a "rapper" rag on any other types of music and they seem to have a better appreciation for the origin and culture their "music" comes with. The most important part of Art is the makeup of the artist, and the die-hard full blood hip-hoppers straight up get it. They have as much passion for their art as it gets. You can argue similar points in any demographic... these thug life cracka wannabe gangstas give rap a bad name, well catholics give christianity a bad name... the list goes on and on.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
And what, pray tell...

Sheep said:
Resident Loser just has a bone to pick and this is the only way he can do it. Ignore him and this whole thing will subside.

SheepStar
...might that be, bright-eyes?

I didn't start the thread, did I? Nor did I start the rap rap...

jimHJJ(...did I?...)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Resident Loser said:
...might that be, bright-eyes?

I didn't start the thread, did I? Nor did I start the rap rap...

jimHJJ(...did I?...)
That may be, but you are the only one keeping it alive.

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I remember about 7-8 years ago when the country singers started calling each other, "Artists".....talk about needing a barf-bucket......

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Gee...

mulester7 said:
.....I remember about 7-8 years ago when the country singers started calling each other, "Artists".....talk about needing a barf-bucket......
...and I wooda' thunk your theme music, or at least favorite song, wooda' been Frankie Lane's "Mule Train"...

jimHJJ(...jus' shows ta go ya'...)

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
I responed to...

Sheep said:
That may be, but you are the only one keeping it alive. SheepStar
...your post thinking there would be some factual information you could present to support this:

Sheep said:
...Resident Loser just has a bone to pick and this is the only way he can do it...
Prior to that, I responded to other post's in this thread thinking there would be a similar factual presentation to refute my POV, not merely some tit-for-tat, so's-yer-old-man-type of banter.

But in a way you are probably correct...if not for my responses, the thread would be brain dead...

jimHJJ(...tsk, tsk...)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Resident Loser said:
...and I wooda' thunk your theme music, or at least favorite song, wooda' been Frankie Lane's "Mule Train"...

.....Resident, what little country I listen to is usually groups, or women singers....Patty Loveless is one talented honey in my view, You've Got 5 Minutes....and that young girl, Lee Ann something, man alive, is she a songbird or what?....you know, the one that sang that song "Crazy" better than Patsy Cline ever thought about, and did that other one she kinda' yodles in, is it "Blue Heartache?", and did I mention I think she's a songbird?....huh?....I just can't go the cryin'-in-their-beer baritone singin' guys....I like guys who can sing way up high like Vince Gill and Collin Raye, man alive, that guy is musical and VERY talented, and sings up high natural-voiced, I mean beltin' it out, and he's from ARKINSAWWW.....

M

MAX661

Audioholic
Resident Loser said:
But in a way you are probably correct...if not for my responses, the thread would be brain dead...

jimHJJ(...tsk, tsk...)
All you have contributed to this thread is ignorance and arrogance. If that's what you call having "BRAINS" then by all means, you take the cake.

Arrogant is 1 word that sums you up nicely:

The act or habit of arrogating, or making undue claims in an overbearing manner; that species of pride which consists in exorbitant claims of rank, dignity, estimation, or power, or which exalts the worth or importance of the person to an undue degree

I think we should change the word arrogant and replace it with "Resident Loser"

sdy284

sdy284

Audioholic
Resident Loser said:

i totally agree with max's post above me....

and its "jus' goes to show ya"
FYI

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Didn't...

mulester7 said:
.....Resident, what little country I listen to is usually groups, or women singers....Patty Loveless is one talented honey in my view, You've Got 5 Minutes....and that young girl, Lee Ann something, man alive, is she a songbird or what?....you know, the one that sang that song "Crazy" better than Patsy Cline ever thought about, and did that other one she kinda' yodles in, is it "Blue Heartache?", and did I mention I think she's a songbird?....huh?....I just can't go the cryin'-in-their-beer baritone singin' guys....I like guys who can sing way up high like Vince Gill and Collin Raye, man alive, that guy is musical and VERY talented, and sings up high natural-voiced, I mean beltin' it out, and he's from ARKINSAWWW.....
...Lorrie Morgan sing "Five Minutes"?

"Crazy"...have you ever heard Willie Nelson sing it?...after all he wrote it...I don't think Ms. Rimes' voice has the world-weary maturity to pull it (or any of the Cline-covers she does) off convincingly, potential maybe...I may be prejudiced but, I still think Patsy Cline owns it, just like Brook Benton still owns "It's Just A Matter Of Time"...I mean Randy Travis did it OK but...

Isn't "Blue Heartache" a bluegrass tune? I think you mean "Blue"...nice as her little yodel may be, I'd rather hear Eddy Arnold's version of "Cattle Call"...Speaking of which, can't anyone write a decent CW song for this girl so she can stop doing covers of the classics?

Yep, Vince Gill has a he!!uva voice...not a bad picker either!

I stopped actively listening to new country just after that achey-breaky bozo hit the charts...with few exceptions it's all been downhill IMHO...Allison Krauss is one of those exceptions.

jimHJJ(..."...clippity-clop, clippity-clop...Mule-traaaiiin! Yaahhh!!!..."...)

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Birds of a feather?...

sdy284 said:
i totally agree with max's post above me....

and its "jus' goes to show ya"
FYI
...or do they just both share one brain? You be the judge...

Re: your FYI "correction"...apparently the subtle concept of a spoonerism escapes you, or is it youse?

jimHJJ (edit: removed - Admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis