Ultra-loud car stereos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
What is too loud?

There is a dude in my town that I can hear coming down the road as much as 2/3 a mile away.

How do I know for sure the distance?

Well, for starters I live in a basically rural area on a straight road with a fire station on the road. At night (when the road noise is light and the HVAC in my home is not working) I can hear the fire truck blast his fog horn from about 1 mile away when the truck leaves the station. At 45 miles per hour the truck takes about 90 seconds to reach the road in front of my house.

(hear is a subject quantity. If I have the TV on, or am sitting in the bathroom, or talking to the wife, I do not hear the fog horn. If everything is relatively quiet, I hear the sound)

(I have followed the truck and they are traveling about 45 miles per hour which works out math wise, and if I was hearing the firetruck fog horn only when the truck got closer to my home, the math equation would not work with the approximate travel speed, thus I am pretty sure that the first moment I hear the fog horn is the moment the truck leaves the station)

So, based upon the firetruck fog horn and known distance, travel speed and time, I can deduce the distance that I can hear the dude's bass.

I can hear the bass from the dude's car for about 75 seconds before he passes my home on the road. I have found the dude's home. His home is about 2/3 of a mile from my home on a little side street.

Basically I am hearing him from the moment he leaves his driveway.

For about 2/3 of a mile.

If I am outside when he passes in front of my home, the sound volume is high enough that I want to puke.

In the house, nic-nacs are bouncing on the bookcase shelves as he passes on the road.

I think this qualifies as being TOOOOOOO damn loud.

I wonder what his momma thinks?

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
2nd part

What is obscene?

When I blush trying to explain the meaning of specific lyrics to a 5 or 8 year old child.....

Some people use that word when they talk about making love to their wife. It is not a nice word. What is making love? Maybe you should forget that you heard that word.

Yes, you are correct that word does mean a female dog. No I don't know why he called his girlfriend that word. Maybe he is just not a nice person.

Yes people from Niger are called that word. I am sure people from Niger are very nice people.

No, I don't know why somebody would want to kill a policeman.

And people wonder why I won't let rap music in my house?

M

MAX661

Audioholic
if your on the topic of nas try:

one love
my country
Rewind "he sings the song backwards and tells a perfect story"
It aint hard to tell
streets disciple
I gave you power
your the man
last words
carried the cross
nas is like

I could go on and on, this is only one rapper who is a genius and you say all rap sounds the same. I say none of these songs sound the same and that's only from 1 artist... But then again you must not be hearing the music, you have one point of view so you must be right... no one should like this stuff it's crap... lol gimme a break. Rap = gar{BOSE} speakers in his eye's to me Rap = Meridian 8000's!!!

J

jmanlp

Audioholic
MAX661 said:
I'll agree, the urban white-boys {as you put it} does give it a bad look. But I wear a suit and tie everyday and have loved Hip Hop music for the past 15 years of my life.
Oh man, you totally made me think of that beginning scene of Office Space where Michael Bolton is driving to work and rapping in his car... I love that movie, I gotta go watch it.

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
markdi wrote:
I am a cpf member

candlepowerforums - hi quality and high power

flashlights and hid spotlights

I have a hid spotlight in my car that is extreemly bright

I also have a powerfull car stereo I enjoy on the freeway but any one who makes me listen to their rap crap at a light meets my 5300 lumen hid spotlight.

I use it to beam window rattlers at home too.

I hate people who drive by my house past midnight blasting a loud car stereo.

I stick my kimber arms .380 super in my waistband and grab my hid eye burner.

If I have to listen to their music blasting then I feel I have a right to blast their eyes.

they are lucky I do not use my 300 mw dpss green laser

- blind them for good.

I feel that if a few rude people suffered in the extreem for being rude - the world would be better off.
Mate, you have issues, maybe you should seek professional help for anger management and acceptance of diversity. Seriously if you think that blinding someone for life is justice for a few moments of discomfort, you need counseling. The world would be a better off if people like you kept a cool head.

cheers:)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I agree with you there BUT

MACCA350 said:
markdi wrote:
Mate, you have issues, maybe you should seek professional help for anger management and acceptance of diversity. Seriously if you think that blinding someone for life is justice for a few moments of discomfort, you need counseling. The world would be a better off if people like you kept a cool head.

the dumb poindexter's out there forcing there music down everyone elses throat should take a course in politeness. The world doesn't not revolve around their music and I personally don't wanna here there stuff

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I'm *amazed* at the level of ignorance being displayed in this thread.

I listen to little to no rap or hip hop, but to dismiss the entire genre out of hand as "noise" is beyond the pale. What I see here amounts to dismissing an entire subculture along with the issues that are real and matter to them.

I don't like rap. I don't think it's musical or pleasing to the ears. But it's *meaningful*. To those who say "rap is nothing but a bunch of people talking about killing cops or pimping hoes," I say that it's quite clear you've never given a critical listen to *any* hip hop.

Have an open mind. Listen to what these people are saying and, more importantly, why they're saying it. To completely dismiss them does them a tremendous disservice.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Out of curiosity...

MACCA350 said:
markdi wrote:

...what do you mean by diversity?

The A-holes that blast this (c)r@p come in all flavors...

jimHJJ(...jus' wunnerin'...)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just checkin

Resident Loser said:
...what do you mean by diversity?

The A-holes that blast this (c)r@p come in all flavors...

jimHJJ(...jus' wunnerin'...)

Is it the culture or the people blasting it in your face that's the issue?

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Well, first define "culture"...

3db said:
Is it the culture or the people blasting it in your face that's the issue?
...if you mean the quote/unquote hip-hop culture, as I observe it, it gives the impression that it's a package deal...Loud...well for the sake of brevity, music with violent, misogynistic and homophobic lyrics, further compounded with the practice of "tagging". If you mean that, then the "culture" itself is an issue...and while I realize it may very well be a small segment of the demographic responsible for this behavior, it is the only facet that presents itself to me on an unfortunately regular basis. It seems to be the subgroup choice of the masses and not much of an example of the handiwork of genius. I could care less about what some people consider entertainment.

If someone were to pass my house a 2AM blasting Bach's "Toccata and Fugue" it would cause the same angry response, but I rarely see those types throwing their empties in driveways, peeing on trees or spray-painting "tags" (and worse) on neighborhood redwood fences. Culture?

jimHJJ(...what was that definition again?...)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
generalizing a lil bit aren't we

Resident Loser said:
...if you mean the quote/unquote hip-hop culture, as I observe it, it gives the impression that it's a package deal...Loud...well for the sake of brevity, music with violent, misogynistic and homophobic lyrics, further compounded with the practice of "tagging". If you mean that, then the "culture" itself is an issue...and while I realize it may very well be a small segment of the demographic responsible for this behavior, it is the only facet that presents itself to me on an unfortunately regular basis. It seems to be the subgroup choice of the masses and not much of an example of the handiwork of genius. I could care less about what some people consider entertainment.

If someone were to pass my house a 2AM blasting Bach's "Toccata and Fugue" it would cause the same angry response, but I rarely see those types throwing their empties in driveways, peeing on trees or spray-painting "tags" (and worse) on neighborhood redwood fences. Culture?

jimHJJ(...what was that definition again?...)

"Are there any queers in the audience tonight? Get up against the wall.
This one don't look quite right, get up against the wall.
This one's Jewish, and this one's a koon
Who let of this rift raft into the room"

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I love it.

Those who listen to hip hop are all thugs that spray paint fences, pee on trees, and drive down the street in the middle of the night blasting ghetto music.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Generalizing?...

...No...If you take the time to read and understand my entire post, there is no generalization about it...I'll repeat it here for those among us who have learning disabilities:

"...and while I realize it may very well be a small segment of the demographic responsible for this behavior, it is the only facet that presents itself to me on an unfortunately regular basis. It seems to be the subgroup choice of the masses and not much of an example of the handiwork of genius..."

It's not my fault if all the good little hip-hoppers who eat their veggies, brush their teeth and say their prayers choose not to make themselves the more visible of the species...not much call for it 'round these parts.

jimHJJ(...after all, "...how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat..."...)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Gentlemen, I think as a general rule, Blacks lean to Black music, and Whites lean to White music, what else is new?, with a certain amount of crossover toward both leanings, look at Charlie Pride, haha....there's nothing wrong with those leanings, either....we simply are what we are, and "like", what we like....here is one of my favorite DVD's....I consider this VERY good stuff....notice the "used" category that starts at 8 bucks and change, about 11 bucks to your door....used is all I ever buy from Amazon, usually the cheapest one, and I have never been burned.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QJHM/qid=1142026810/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-0402372-7168160?n=130

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
cmon..........dont any of you guys know that if you state the facts without white washing them first you will be accused :rolleyes:

truth, more white people listen to head banging music than any other group, uhoh..............not very pc of me;)

M

markdi

Enthusiast
I do not care what type of music a person listens to.
If it shakes my car or house - invades my space -watch out.

rap is crap none the less.

if a few people suffered greatly - the others would learn.

I could live with a law that limited a car to 1 - 8 inch sub and 100 watts max rms system power.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
markdi said:

I could live with a law that limited a car to 1 - 8 inch sub and 100 watts max rms system power.
Hahaha, that still would put out a fair bit of bass.

SheepStar

J

jmanlp

Audioholic
markdi said:

Seriously, that would be a nice law. Those people that are shaking cars next to them are just attention whores. Nobody needs that much bass, especially to the point you can't hear the words to the song.

M

MAX661

Audioholic
I thought you guys in america live in the land of the FREE?

Freedom of speech

Freedom to blast your music in your own car

I agree that people should have more common courtesy, but really how much does a car driving by pound bass affect you? maybe 10-20 seconds out of your day? I think some people are taking this too seriously. I mean you were young once and most likely did something that offended someone, you live and learn... So just let people learn.

This thread has been:
Rap is crap
wear pants that fit
buy smaller subs
blah blah blah...

Maybe it's a different time now and generation: looking back i'd say:
hippie music stinks
wear something other than bellbottoms
women please cut your bangs
men get a new hairstyle aswell
and have fun at woodstock!!! lol

in twenty years i'll be saying something different to my son, but atleast I will be open minded about change, not as arrogant or closed minded as some in this thread...

M

MAX661

Audioholic
markdi said:
Maybe you could, but that doesn't mean others would want to. Think about it... what would you say if there was a law saying noone could have any larger than an 8'' Sub with 100 watts max rms in our Home Theaters? Then you would be singing a different tune, I for one would not want the government telling me I cant put a stereo into my car, it's MY car... Do I own a crazy stereo for my car now? NO, I put it all into my HT. But that still does not give anyone the right to tell me what I can and cannot do with MY car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis