Ultra-loud car stereos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TABCON

TABCON

Audioholic
Does anyone else here hate these window rattling cars that drive by blasting streams of profanities?

Tabcon

L

linvillegorge

Audiophyte
the better question is does anyone NOT hate that?!

Those people give the people (like me) who enjoy quality car audio a bad name.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
To be honest, I grew out-of-it. I had two 12's on 650w in a Supra. Then, I went to one 12 on 850w in a Silverado. Then, just seperates that consisted of 6.5's, 4's, and 3/4 tweets on 225w in a Tundra. Now, just the stock system in my Tacoma. Atleast I was listening to real musicians, not this rap crap that kids seem to be into today. What will become of real musicians?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I perfer SQ over SPL anyday.

I like subs that go low (who doesn't?) but I don't want boomers.

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
zumbo said:
To be honest, I grew out-of-it. I had two 12's on 650w in a Supra. Then, I went to one 12 on 850w in a Silverado. Then, just seperates that consisted of 6.5's, 4's, and 3/4 tweets on 225w in a Tundra. Now, just the stock system in my Tacoma. Atleast I was listening to real musicians, not this rap crap that kids seem to be into today. What will become of real musicians?:rolleyes:
.....Zumbo, I had a 10 inch sub in a Nissan Hatchback one time as my only claim to fame for good car audio subs, but it was sweet, Buddy....I loved the way that rearview mirror would vibrate with the image getting fuzzy when that 10 inch popped....then a good friend pulled up one day in his Corvette with two freshly installed 12 inch subs powered by a couple of bazillion watt strapped amps....I kid you not, he could knock potato chips out of a bag....back to the thread, I hope some younger guys will wake up and realize what they're doing to their hearing....sometimes as I sit in traffic, my car starts vibrating in rhythm....I look around, and see others looking around, and wonder just how far away it's coming from......

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Those things annoy me. I'd take my $30 Wal-Mart speakers over a boomy sub any day (they actually sound pretty damn good :) ).

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Ho said:
Those things annoy me. I'd take my $30 Wal-Mart speakers over a boomy sub any day (they actually sound pretty damn good :) ).
Y'all se what loud music has done to Hi Ho?:eek: :D

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
I still have two twelves in the ol' 70 Monte and one in the GMC 1500, but not enough watts to hear it twelve blocks away. Bump and sizzle is not my style, though I do like more than a little bass. I agree, rap is crap. Having to listen to a litany of profanity streaming from some cat's car at window shattering levels is one thing I don't look forward to in the warm months when the windows come down.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
zumbo said:
Y'all se what loud music has done to Hi Ho?:eek: :D

Next thing you know, he'll be buying Bose out of a junked car as an upgrade:eek:

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
How about us poor dudes living in the deep south? The rolling bass blaster has his windows rolled down 12 months out of the year.

Notice I said "his" windows. It is never a girl driving the car.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
It's really sad, because a lot of these kids put everything they have into these cars. JL Audio, Eclipse, Alpine, dash/door/pillar mounted tweeters, components in the doors, active crossovers, etc... These systems have the potential of sounding unbelievable, yet they enter these cars in SPL/Drag competitions. The work that goes into these installs rivals our home systems, and so does the investment. If they only knew how much better Diana Krall sounds over DJ Hedfonz. :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember the old head units - Fujitsu 10 (before they started calling them Eclipse), or the speakers with the green surrounds - Kricket, or when RF was just Fosgate? That was my 1st car system back 20yrs ago. Pretty decent bass out of two 4x10's, but not by today's standards. Now I've got dual downfiring 10's in a sealed enclosure with close to a 1000 watts pushing them - be it in a F150!

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Hahaha, no I'm not saying they sound really good. I said they sound good for 30$ speakers. They are Lightning Audio brand. If I had the money would I upgrade? Hell yeah! But I don't... :( I'm spending my money on my home system.

I can tell you they sound better than any Bose system I have heard though. :)

There's no reason a $30 set of car speakers can't sound decent. There are many inexpensive drivers for DIY speakers that sound good. That's basically what car speakers are. The sound was vastly improved when I lined the door panels with fiberglass insulation.

Oh yeah, I don't listen to loud music, I listen to bluegrass at moderate volume.

Last edited:
M

MAX661

Audioholic
The Dukester said:
I agree, rap is crap.
Wow talk about passing judgement on an enitre Genre of music...lol While I agree there is an over abundance of garbage pure profanity C{rap} out there, there are also many who are extremely amazing who exhibit genius in there music.

If you think about the amout of words that goes into a single rap verse you can appreciate talent.

1 verse in a rap song = 3x as much vocabulary as any other genre in the business. Think about that the next time you consider something crap, I think no mans hard work/ heart and soul is crap. Even if it is not my cup of tea, I respect it for the time and dedication that man has put into it. I think if more people stayed open minded, there wouldn't be as much profanity because it would be a genre of music that tried less to stick out from the rest.

This is just my opinion, and I do respect everyone's else's. But I figured if others are going to say something is crap, I would try to put a little light back into it.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Yup, I remember all the above. In fact, the 12's in my Monte are Rockford Fosgate series ones. Never owned any of the green weinies, though.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
MAX661 said:
Wow talk about passing judgement on an enitre Genre of music...lol While I agree there is an over abundance of garbage pure profanity C{rap} out there, there are also many who are extremely amazing who exhibit genius in there music.

If you think about the amout of words that goes into a single rap verse you can appreciate talent.

1 verse in a rap song = 3x as much vocabulary as any other genre in the business. Think about that the next time you consider something crap, I think no mans hard work/ heart and soul is crap. Even if it is not my cup of tea, I respect it for the time and dedication that man has put into it. I think if more people stayed open minded, there wouldn't be as much profanity because it would be a genre of music that tried less to stick out from the rest.

This is just my opinion, and I do respect everyone's else's. But I figured if others are going to say something is crap, I would try to put a little light back into it.

I certainly respect your opinion, but have to disagree. Just think of how much hard work and dedication went into designing that $1k set of audio cables.:eek: Lots of hard work but not much use. Much of the rap I have heard may have 3xs the words, but it's three verses of kill your father, rip off your mother, rape your sister and dis everybody else you run across. I'm sure there are better rap songs out there, I just never hear them...nor do I want to hear the profanity at the stoplights.

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
MAX661 said:

I'LL echo what others have said and say there are some really great artists in Rap,but someone having to use 3x as many words to describe something is not having a large vocabulary.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
......is rap actually music?....or is it rhythmical chant?....

L

linvillegorge

Audiophyte
I think most of the people on here dogging rap are the people who only hear the rap that is played by MTV and popular radio. Go grab some Tribe Called Quest, Jurassic 5, The Roots, or Heiroglyphics and then judge. Some rap is very good. The stuff played by popular radio is crap.

N

niget2002

Junior Audioholic
I agree. Not all rap is crap. I'll also say I may be putting money into my car, but it's for SQ, and it's also because the HT is done (until I get a house).

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis