Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Some great clips posted by this account. Scroll down for footage of the strike on Snake Island a few days ago.

That's one of my go to twitter feeds for OSINT.

I've noticed more videos recently of Ukrainian artillery hitting Russian targets with what appears to be very accurate fire. I'm not sure if this is due to M777 Howitzers from other countries being deployed, or if it's a result of the terrain and tactics in this phase of the war. I'm tempted to say it's partly due to the M777s, but I'm not sure how many of these are actually in place and active.

On the other hand, it could be that I'm noticing the artillery videos more because I'm looking for signs that the M777s are being deployed. In other words, it could just be confirmation bias on my part.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
That's one of my go to twitter feeds for OSINT.

I've noticed more videos recently of Ukrainian artillery hitting Russian targets with what appears to be very accurate fire. I'm not sure if this is due to M777 Howitzers from other countries being deployed, or if it's a result of the terrain and tactics in this phase of the war. I'm tempted to say it's partly due to the M777s, but I'm not sure how many of these are actually in place and active.

On the other hand, it could be that I'm noticing the artillery videos more because I'm looking for signs that the M777s are being deployed. In other words, it could just be confirmation bias on my part.
Not so sure about the why myself. The Ukrainian military may just be getting better with experience, use of scout drones or plain confidence. From what I understood, the M777s have only been there for a couple of weeks (first shipped from Canada). With more to come. The more the merrier for the Russians.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Not so sure about the why myself. The Ukrainian military may just be getting better with experience, use of scout drones or plain confidence. From what I understood, the M777s have only been there for a couple of weeks (first shipped from Canada). With more to come. The more the merrier for the Russians.

This video (posted 5/9/22) purportedly shows an American M777 in operation in Ukraine.

According to Google translate, the video caption is:

"The first shots of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from American M777 howitzers at Russian troops in eastern Ukraine."

I don't know if this is true, of course, but I doubt that there are very many M777s in action at this point.

Last edited:
SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
This video (posted 5/9/22) is purportedly shows an American M777 in operation in Ukraine.

"The first shots of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from American M777 howitzers at Russian troops in eastern Ukraine."

I don't know if this is true, of course, but I doubt that there are very many M777s in action at this point.
I agree with you, if they are not in use yet and the Ukrainians are having the success they are without them. It will be most interesting to see when they are.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This video (posted 5/9/22) purportedly shows an American M777 in operation in Ukraine.

WOW, this guy kan kick some a## :cool:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This morning I saw yet another article about this Russian tank design flaw, this time in the Washington Post. It had a nice graphic that showed the ammunition carousel directly beneath the tank commander and gunner. If an anti-tank weapon penetrates the thin side armor, those shells cook off killing all three crew members and blowing off the turret. It also compares the T-72 to German and US tanks where the ammunition is stored in a separate armored compartment, protecting the 4-man crew.

View attachment 55792
Here's a video of a Russian tank blowing it's turret. It's not a minor explosion.

M

Mojo Navigator

Junior Audioholic
We do not recognize the capabilities of Ukrainian intelligence. They are very good at it. After all, they learned from the KGB,/FSB. They are experts at cyber warfare and hacking. They can intercept Russian communications. They are fluent in Russian and have many contacts inside Russia. American intelligence can learn a lot from them. Working together can be synergistic.

And whatever happened to General Valery Gerasimov? The Russians have released conflicting accounts. One is that he sustained a minor shrapnel wound during an attack that may have killed up to 200 of the Russian Army commanders. The second is that he was coincidentally evacuated to Moscow just prior to the attack that killed another General. I wouldn't believe either story because he should have been seen at the May 9th parade. He is either dead, in a persistent vegetative state or severely disfigured. He is/was Russia's top general. He has been incognito since he left for the front. I wonder what Putin has told his wife?

Too many pundits credit the USA for Ukraine's military successes. They are winning because they are tough, smart, creative and motivated by patriotism. Western weapons are just beginning to enter Ukraine in significant amounts. Remember, Ukraine has done extremely well using out dated Soviet era weapons and homegrown military weapons. The weapons are only as good as the soldiers operating them. Most of the weapons on the battlefield will be of Soviet vintage for the next several months that have been donated by Eastern European neighbors. Never underestimate the power of people fighting for their liberation from centuries of colonialism on their own soil. Remember Vietnam?

Last edited:
SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
We do not recognize the capabilities of Ukrainian intelligence. They are very good at it. After all, they learned from the KGB,/FSB. They are experts at cyber warfare and hacking. They can intercept Russian communications. They are fluent in Russian and have many contacts in Russia. American intelligence can learn a lot from them. Working together can be synergistic.

And whatever happened to General Valery Gerasimov? The Russians have released conflicting accounts. One is that he sustained a minor shrapnel wound during an attack that may have killed up to 200 of the Russian Army commanders. The second is that he was coincidentally evacuated to Moscow just prior to the attack that killed another General. I wouldn't believe either story because he should have been seen at the May 9th parade. He is either dead, in a persistent vegetative state or severely disfigured. He is/was Russia's top general. He has been incognito since he left for the front. I wonder what Putin has told his wife?

Too many pundits credit the USA for Ukraine's military successes. They are winning because they are tough, smart, creative and motivated by patriotism. Western weapons are just beginning to enter Ukraine in significant amounts. Remember, Ukraine has done extremely well using out dated Soviet era weapons and homegrown military weapons. The weapons are only as good as the soldiers operating them. Most of the weapons on the battlefield will be of Soviet vintage for the next several months that have been donated by Eastern European neighbors. Never underestimate the power of people fighting for their liberation from centuries of colonialism on their own soil. Remember Vietnam?
All credit and more to the Ukrainian soldiers, people and foreign volunteers fighting the good fight. Here's some more detail on US aid to Ukraine prior to the invasion.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's an interesting article about how the sinking of the Moskva opened up Snake Island to attacks by Ukrainian drones. It also seems to have interfered with Russia's use of landing ships.

>>>The biggest impact of the loss of the cruiser Moskva is that the northern Black Sea is a safer place for Ukrainian aircraft. Particularly for the Ukrainian Navy’s TB2 drones. This tactical loss could have strategic implications. . . .

Ukraine’s first major move appears to have been to take out the air defenses on the island with a drone strike. A potent SA-15 Tor missile system provided local air defenses, at least in theory. The removal of that system allowed the Ukrainian Navy’s TB2 drones to loiter nearby. The first Russian Navy victims were two Raptor assault boats on May 2. . . .

On May 7 Russia attempted to land a replacement SA-15 missile system on the island. A TB2 drone caught the Pr.11770 Serna Class landing craft in the act, hitting it as it was about to unload. The attack was devastating and the shipwreck blocked the landing spot.

With the air defenses degraded the Russian garrison was subject to successive air strikes by drones and fighter jets. Soon most of the buildings on the island were reduces to rubble. Russia was still operating Raptors in the area but two more were eliminated by a TB2 on May 8. Along with a helicopter landing troops on the island. The island seems unlivable.

But it isn’t over, Russia appears determined to hold the tiny piece of strategic real-estate. On May 9 another landing craft, a slightly larger Pr.21820 Dyugon class, was observed next to Snake island. We assess that this was likely attempting to deliver yet another SA-15 Tor air defense system. . . .

Something we haven’t seen operating around Snake Island in recent weeks are the large landing ships. In the first couple of months of the war one or two of Ropucha Class landing ships were frequently observed near the island. . . .

In late April, after the Moskva sinking, there was a change in the patterns however. We stopped seeing the Ropucha near Snake Island. While we cannot be certain, with open sources, that they have entirely stopped, all indications are that they have. Instead we have seen Raptor class assault boats and smaller Dyugon and Serna class landing craft used.

The straightforward interpretation is that with Moskva gone, it became too dangerous for them.<<<

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2022/05/how-the-russian-navy-is-losing-dominance-the-curse-of-snake-island/

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I saw that too. There was a twitter post a while back from a Putin satire account in which he (not really Putin, of course) threatened to sink his ships off the coasts of Finland and Sweden if they joined NATO.
It looks like Putin is trying to make good on his threat to sink more ships, but they apparently keep catching fire before making it to Finland and Sweden. Catching fire without sinking is progress, I suppose.

>>>Brand new auxiliary ship of Russian Navy suffered major fire in Black sea UPDATE
UPDATE: The ship, allegedly, suffered fire during the night May 11-12, when she was under way, heading for famous Snake island. According to Ukrainian military intelligence leak, VSEVOLOD BOBROV suffered major fire, some or all of crew were evacuated, but the ship didn’t sink, she was taken back to Sevastopol – Russian Black sea Navy base.<<<

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
OH great now Russia is threatening Finland. Lets see Putin has pretty much threaten all of NATO, This stupid man is going to do something , really stupid. Delusional people usually do.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
OH great now Russia is threatening Finland. Lets see Putin has pretty much threaten all of NATO, This stupid man is going to do something , really stupid. Delusional people usually do.
It's an idle threat. He doesn't have the resources to attack Finland.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
We do not recognize the capabilities of Ukrainian intelligence. They are very good at it. After all, they learned from the KGB,/FSB. They are experts at cyber warfare and hacking. They can intercept Russian communications. They are fluent in Russian and have many contacts inside Russia. American intelligence can learn a lot from them. Working together can be synergistic.

I think many in the US (can't really use 'Americans' are completely unaware of any abilities or intelligence of Ukrainians because they have never met someone from that country/region. One thing teh USSR/Russia/Ukraine and other Soviet Block countries did is educate people. According to a friend who came to the US from Kyiv in the late-'70s, they taught more before the students finished the equivalent of 8th grade than we get by the end of high school and most students weren't expected to go to college, they were expected to go to work. They needed to KNOW the material, not pass a test with a score of 60 or above. They emphasized science & Math, not fashion, feelings and how to be popular at Prom.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Maybe not, but he's pretty loaded with stupid and over-reactive.

He's saying this is an attack when it's really a diplomatic step to ensure their own safety. That's like saying "I hit you, but you made me do it!".

Someone needs to hack Puddinhead's computer and send a bunch of videos showing overwhelming bombing missions where the whole area is decimated in a short time, with the Kremlin super-imposed in the area being bombed.

Someone needs to take him out.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe not, but he's pretty loaded with stupid and over-reactive.

He's saying this is an attack when it's really a diplomatic step to ensure their own safety. That's like saying "I hit you, but you made me do it!".

Someone needs to hack Puddinhead's computer and send a bunch of videos showing overwhelming bombing missions where the whole area is decimated in a short time, with the Kremlin super-imposed in the area being bombed.

Someone needs to take him out.
Maybe if Putin's entire cabinet and General Staff got together, they might be able to muster a single pair of balls and tell him: "Sorry pal, you're done here."

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
He doesn't have to have "those types of resources" the stupid man, like North Korea, can just push a button. Push a delusional person just so far, then they snap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis