Tutti Formaggio, the all things REAL CHEESE thread

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I do miss the easy convenience of good cheeses (and many other food things) in the SF bay area....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I had a very good friend who worked for Cowgirl Creamery… from production up to managing the shop and helping open their eatery.
Far and away on of the best cheese shop experiences.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I guess the shark is actually inedible and poisonous unless you let it rot to a nice, creamy cheesy consistency. By all accounts it's pretty rough stuff to get down tho. Strong urine aftertaste and smells pretty bad to boot. Me personally, I'll pass, lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I had a very good friend who worked for Cowgirl Creamery… from production up to managing the shop and helping open their eatery.
Far and away on of the best cheese shop experiences.
Name's a bit on the nose eh?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Big fan of cheese, but I wouldn't say I have an outright favorite. Smoked cheese is up there, but being where I'm from it'd be weird if it wasn't.

The wife and I made Rotchford souffle and it was pretty damn good. I hadn't had that cheese till then.

I actually have access to a lot of what appear to be good cheese, but have no clue what I'm looking for or why. I'm not a wine and cheese guy, but I do love a good meat and cheese platter. That's probably my favorite way to eat cheeses.

Well, and a good mac and cheese. We've been trying to find a good recipe that's not just your run of the mill stuff. Some have been pretty good, some meh. Anyone got any tips?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Many a good times have been spent at the Ferry Building!
Most of the times I visited the Ferry Bldg was to attend meetings of the NCBFAA (National Customs Brokers & Freight Forwarders' Association) at the World Trade Club facility there with views of the bay, I often lost track of the meeting as I stared out at the gorgeous view.....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They get into the explanation and process at about 1 1/2 minutes...

"People who have eaten the meat too soon have been known to throw up blood..." :oops:

When Andrew Zimmern has trouble getting something down you know it's bad.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Finishing my crackers with some Point Reyes Bay Blue, a Stilton-Inspired, absolutely delicious cheese.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
As a counterpoint, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co also produces their Original Blue.
This is a funky and, to my taste, wholly unpleasant Blue. The sad thing is that here in NorCal, everybody uses it. Blech!
From Blue Cheese Dressing to Burgers and Cheese Boards, if there is a Blue on the menu, 9 out of 10 times it is this.

I am not alone in finding these two cheeses so completely different: I am alone in my abject dislike for it, however. ;)

For those who appreciate an assertive Blue, the Original Blue is well worth trying.
I just find myself on the fringe because it is everywhere here, and far from my preferred flavor profile.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I was in Italy back during the summer and always bring tons of cheese back. Even so, it didn’t last to the date this thread was created.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Pre dinner cheese platter. From right to left: jalapeno cheddar, Wensleydale with cranberry from the UK, Red Leicester also from the UK, Beemster pumpkin spice Gouda from Holland, Jarslberg from Ireland and some liverwurst because I like to indulge on occasion. :) Sweet gherkins and pickled onions on the side.
Merry Christmas everybody!
PXL_20211225_192631790.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis