Tuba folded horn HT subwoofer build

W

wormraper

Audioholic Intern
wow, you weren't kidding matt. I finished mine last night .. that thing puts out absolutely SICK amounts of bass!!! barely was pushing 50 watts into it and we were at some very earthshattering levels...

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
wow, you weren't kidding matt. I finished mine last night .. that thing puts out absolutely SICK amounts of bass!!! barely was pushing 50 watts into it and we were at some very earthshattering levels...
You won't need a big amp for those, between 25 and 100 watts will be plenty.

It's all about acoustic transformers and really getting drivers to connect to the room.

That will probably produce the same room spl with 25 watts as a lot of sealed subs with a 1000 watts, may be more than some.

W

wormraper

Audioholic Intern
You won't need a big amp for those, between 25 and 100 watts will be plenty.

It's all about acoustic transformers and really getting drivers to connect to the room.

That will probably produce the same room spl with 25 watts as a lot of sealed subs with a 1000 watts, may be more than some.
it was a b!tch to build as my first build but it certainly seems worth the effort

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
it was a b!tch to build as my first build but it certainly seems worth the effort
Well you have earned your spurs in a hurry. Horns are the toughest builds of all. I have built two sets of horns in my time and that's enough.

Well done!

Matt34

Matt34

I have a Anarchy 6.5" that I'm going to use in a secondary setup and will also be a horn design. There is a guy on AVS that is doing a flat pack kit for $70.

Here it is next to a THT:

If you want my THT when I get back in May let me know, I'll sell it to you for less than what the 15" Dayton retails for on PE.

W

wormraper

Audioholic Intern
I have a Anarchy 6.5" that I'm going to use in a secondary setup and will also be a horn design. There is a guy on AVS that is doing a flat pack kit for $70.

Here it is next to a THT:

If you want my THT when I get back in May let me know, I'll sell it to you for less than what the 15" Dayton retails for on PE.
oh hell, yeah!!! , would love a second one :D... and for that price I couldn't refuse :D

P

phenixdragon

Audiophyte
I am looking at having this built for me at at a local shop. Curious though, what would be the best matching amp for a Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4?

W

wormraper

Audioholic Intern
I am looking at having this built for me at at a local shop. Curious though, what would be the best matching amp for a Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4?
if you're building a tht with it the Dayton 240 watt amp would be great for it.

W

wormraper

Audioholic Intern
Thanks to Matt34 I know have a SECOND THT in my house (stacked on top of my other)... just need to redo the access panel due to some air leaks around the panel and wait for the Dayton 240 amps to go on sale for $99 again and my neighbors will hate me more :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis