Trying to learn......

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
You need to load a DLNA client app/software on your PC/phone/tablet before it's recognized by your Marantz AVR.
I was wondering about that! Any dlna search I did in my phone popped up apps from play store, however, I'm such a idiot.......roku, amazon music app. Right there the whole time. Wonder if it will be in hi res? Now I just have to figure out the headphone situation. Ugghhhhh. Does this ever end? : )

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
There's a thread about the Amazon service and what devices are delivering what audio particularly....I think this is the one I'm thinking about https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/amazon-music-hd-thoughts-comparisons.116281/

I mentioned a couple android dlna apps that can work, foobar2000 and bubbleupnp.
Ohhhh. I didn't know those were apps you were talking about, thought they were programs for if I were to use my laptop. Did I mention I get lost easily.? Hahaha, well, the amazon on roku and my tablet/cell are linked, but the apps on tablet/cell have more functions, but the "previously played" are linked. I almost want to use all my vacation time to just sit, explore, and listen! If I like it enough, the whole album, I'll get the vinyl. Currently listening to Jennifer Thomas Illumination, simply amazing. Picking up headphones hopefully in a week or two, then I need to figure out that setup, i know what i want, but dont think it will work.
Just got done reading that article you posted, lol is there a forum your not in? Are you a secret jedi audio master with mcintosh equipment? Very good read, so far the sound on the roku through my system sounds really, really good. And I'll use my headphone setup for critical listening.
Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ohhhh. I didn't know those were apps you were talking about, thought they were programs for if I were to use my laptop. Did I mention I get lost easily.? Hahaha, well, the amazon on roku and my tablet/cell are linked, but the apps on tablet/cell have more functions, but the "previously played" are linked. I almost want to use all my vacation time to just sit, explore, and listen! If I like it enough, the whole album, I'll get the vinyl. Currently listening to Jennifer Thomas Illumination, simply amazing. Picking up headphones hopefully in a week or two, then I need to figure out that setup, i know what i want, but dont think it will work.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
I use both apps on my pc, too, so I might not have explained as much :)

I have Amazon TV Fire Sticks with some apps (Spotify, Pandora) loaded up but still generally use my android phone or pc app to direct content to the simpler app on the Fire Sticks. I use the streaming to buy cds....haven't bought vinyl in more than 20 years, simply not worth it....and harder to rip, too

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
I use both apps on my pc, too, so I might not have explained as much :)

I have Amazon TV Fire Sticks with some apps (Spotify, Pandora) loaded up but still generally use my android phone or pc app to direct content to the simpler app on the Fire Sticks. I use the streaming to buy cds....haven't bought vinyl in more than 20 years, simply not worth it....and harder to rip, too
So update! After 3 hrs online trying to figure all this out, I found a link to a app, for USB audio output (driver? Beats me) and Bob's your uncle, I now have usb audio out through my audio quest USB-B to C cable, ran over and hooked it up to moms stereo (running 20 hrs a week to break in her new equipment) and whammy, got sound, and not just any sound, like wow this is good kinda sound. Only works with audio apps, so YouTube and hulu, it glitches it and no sound comes out, but I have a plan for that.....Unfortunately it was bed time and the fiance was feet away, so no listening session. However, this solves all my issues as now I can purchase the klipsch headphone amp, to go with the HP-3 headphones I'm getting tomorrow, use the nice audio quest cable, and bought a HK bluetooth to go to the headphone amp in aux. for watching hulu and YouTube on my tablet. If I didn't have to pay Bill's, I probably wouldn't ever leave the recliner hahaha.

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
And this setup has to sound better than bluetooth lol

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
So update! After 3 hrs online trying to figure all this out, I found a link to a app, for USB audio output (driver? Beats me) and Bob's your uncle, I now have usb audio out through my audio quest USB-B to C cable, ran over and hooked it up to moms stereo (running 20 hrs a week to break in her new equipment) and whammy, got sound, and not just any sound, like wow this is good kinda sound. Only works with audio apps, so YouTube and hulu, it glitches it and no sound comes out, but I have a plan for that.....Unfortunately it was bed time and the fiance was feet away, so no listening session. However, this solves all my issues as now I can purchase the klipsch headphone amp, to go with the HP-3 headphones I'm getting tomorrow, use the nice audio quest cable, and bought a HK bluetooth to go to the headphone amp in aux. for watching hulu and YouTube on my tablet. If I didn't have to pay Bill's, I probably wouldn't ever leave the recliner hahaha.

Good for you. Have fun and enjoy the hobby.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis