Trell's home theatre/living room

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've added room treatments made by GIK Acoustics (Europe branch) to my small living room/home theatre, and is in the process of adding more panels and bass traps.

The panels are 10 cm (4 inch) thick, except for the corner traps, and all of them have a visible scatter/diffusion plate to avoid over-dampening the upper mid and high frequencies.

Sadly, left and right side walls cannot have room treatments added, and that leaves me with front and back wall as well as the ceiling. Possibly one floor/ceiling corner on the back wall can have tri traps added, otherwise only wall/ceiling corners can be used for treatments.

My room treatments are all from GIK Acoustics (Europe branch)

Front wall room treatments: Coverage ca 26%
Back wall room treatments: Coverage ca 26%
Ceiling treatment: Coverage ca 23% when completed
Loud speakers:
Gear list:
  • Receiver: Denon AVR-X4200W (2015 model, so no Audyssey app). Cooling using twin Noctua 5V PWM fans with a Noctua fan controller, and is powered by TV USB.
  • BlueRay player: Oppo BDP-93EU
  • TV: LG OLED 55CX
  • Cable TV: Junk
  • Remote Control: Logitech Harmony 900 (old, but works well, has RF)
  • Streaming: Chromecast gen 2 as well as the new LG TV using ARC.
  • Network: The devices are connected to an Ubiquiti gigabit switch using PoE (Power over Ethernet).
  • AV rack: NorStone Design EPUR 3 AV
  • TV wall mount: OmniMount OC120FM

back_wall - Copy2.jpg

front_wall_all_traps - Copy2.jpg

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Agree with Pogre. Beautiful room. You should give us a gear list so we don't have to squint. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought they were Canton. I spent quite a bit of time drooling over Canton speakers when AC4L had a bunch of them. Very nice looking speakers.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I thought they were Canton. I spent quite a bit of time drooling over Canton speakers when AC4L had a bunch of them. Very nice looking speakers.
In my living room I want speakers and HT gear to look great but that quickly gets expensive, though, so I can't overdo it. On the other hand my cables are of good quality but not expensive :)

While the scatter plates on the GIK Acoustics panels is needed for what I want to use them for, just as important is that they look great in the living room. If I had a dedicated HT room I would have more options.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I've added room treatments made by GIK Acoustics to my small living room/home theatre, and is in the process of adding more panels and bass traps.

The panels are 10 cm (4 inch) thick, except for the corner traps, and all of them have a visible scatter/diffusion plate to avoid over-dampening the high frequencies.

Sadly, left and right side walls cannot have room treatments added, and that leaves me with front and back wall as well as the ceiling. Possibly one floor/ceiling corner on the back wall can have tri traps added, otherwise only wall/ceiling corners can be used for treatments.

Currently the back wall is complete, the front wall shall have wall/ceiling tri traps added, and the ceiling is not done yet.

When the front wall tri-traps are installed I'll publish some REW measurements.

As for current gear:

Front left/right: Canton Vento 886.2
Center: Canton Vento 858.2
Surrounds: Canton Vento 820
Subwoofers: SVS SB-3000

Receiver: Denon AVR-X4200W (2015 model, so no Audyssey app). Cooling using twin Noctua 5V PWM fans with a Noctua fan controller, and is powered by TV USB.
BlueRay player: Oppo BDP-93EU
TV: LG OLED 55CX
Cable TV: Junk
Remove Control: Logitech Harmony 900 (old, but works well, has RF)
Streaming: Chromecast gen 2 as well as the new LG TV using ARC.

View attachment 44973

Newly wall mounted 55" LG OLED that needs some cable management.

View attachment 44974
Can you feed the wires in the wall?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been wanting to start another thread updating with pics of my current system but I'm still waiting on my new center. End of March is the eta. Hopefully that'll get bumped up a little.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've been wanting to start another thread updating with pics of my current system but I'm still waiting on my new center. End of March is the eta. Hopefully that'll get bumped up a little.
I've orded a single Canton Vento bookshelf for use a center channel now that my TV is mounted higher.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I've orded a single Canton Vento bookshelf for use a center channel now that my TV is mounted higher.
Don't know if you're aware but Gene interviewed Anthony Grimani on the subject of room acoustics which I'm watching now. Very informative.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Do you notice any difference in dynamics- i.e., one woofer vs two?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis