Towers with dual 10" Woofers

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I used to really like the finish on these:
1597421131238.png

They are the Tannoy DC10T. I've never heard them. I just realized that Tannoy often puts the driver diameter in its name.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I used to really like the finish on these:
View attachment 38837

They are the Tannoy DC10T. I've never heard them. I just realized that Tannoy often puts the driver diameter in its name.
Too bad they don't make anything with woofers larger than 8" now.

I guess they didn't sell enough of these dual 10" woofer towers.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Here's one with 10" and 12" woofers:
1597423374120.png

Wilson Audio WAMM Master Chronosonic - only $685K!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Too bad they don't make anything with woofers larger than 8" now.

I guess they didn't sell enough of these dual 10" woofer towers.
They make a lot of models with 10 & 12" but they're all in the Prestige Series:
1597424980555.png

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
over the years I heard good things from Wilson speakers but did so with my eyes closed.......
In '99 or so, I won a pair of Wilson Audio CUB II speakers from a fledgling internet site called "Audio Revolution" (which became "AudioVideoRevolution" and is now "Home Theater Review").
1597425553615.png

They (then) retailed for $7500 and I was VERY excited to have a Wilson Audio product! I hated them... From that day on, even with lottery type winnings, I will never buy a WA product. My local WA dealer has assured me that they are totally different, but I can't get the bad taste out of my ears (?).

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've heard some people bash on Wilson. I suspect they sound good, but not equal to the price. The conversations I've heard seem to focus on XO design and voicing not being well executed. *shrugs
regardless, they aren't for me. ;)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The Speaker Company TST3 (largely based on The Sapphire Audio ST3) had dual 8" woofers (I rock it's smaller brother TST2) Still not bad speakers for the money, full of compromises for sure, but a fair ones.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
$1700 are for newbies. To play the game you'll need at least $7k/pair speaker cables. I've used all my $50k worth of speaker wire testing equipment to come to the conclusion that $7k/pair AudioQuest cables are hands down the best investment one could make. Of course, they sounded the best after their break-in period. Don't worry, I used all my Dynamical Systems and Numerical Analysis math equations to make sure everything was correct and accurate. ;):):)
Don't forget to break them in with your cable cooker!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Interesting...
View attachment 38841View attachment 38842

Who is stepping on whom's intellectual property? Don't know when Toels started designing speakers, but Wilson started in '74. Just sayin'...
I doubt there's any intellectual property there, and even if there was the patents would be long expired. I don't know if the general shape can be trademarked, but I once read that Apple had patented or trademarked even small details of their hardware products.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis