Tom Cruise Hates Motion Smoothing

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Great short video on one of my pet peeves. I turn this off on every TV i install for my customers.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
For one I am glad that celebrities use their power of public recognition to promote a truly worthy causes

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Roger that!
One of my all time pet peeves. Not surprised to see Tom cruise in this video, as most of his films have amazing soundtracks, and I can’t help but think he has some input on production.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I didn't even know this was a thing! When we got our current Samsung 3 or 4 years ago, we could tell that the picture was "different" from the old Vizio and I even went through settings but I never knew I could get a traditional picture. So for all this time I assumed that was just how the newer TV's looked. Then on Tuesday I read about this "auto motion plus," turned it off, and surely enough poop doesn't look like General Hospital on my TV anymore.

It's an absolute disgrace that this garbage is enabled by default.

S

Soundcrack

Enthusiast
I never liked this feature, always turned off for my clients.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I just noticed that auto motion plus somehow got enabled. I turned it off again. I have a 2016 Samsung 65 KS8000.

Edit: Ok so what happened is HDMI1 was setup right to the AVR but the TiVo was moved to HDMI3 on the TV so I applied new settings to all sources. That fixed it. :)

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Reminds me of a friends' living room with this enabled on their tv (deliberately, couldn't convince them otherwise) and listening thru their Bose system. Makes me sad.

Speaking of Cruise, he's a bit of a vinyl wanker, even got duped into Ted's bullshit cables https://www.cepro.com/article/tom_cruise_jimmy_fallon_discuss_2-channel_vinyl_listening_rooms?fbclid=IwAR2gjk-rhdv6WzUhVLf5KcbIsW23_f1oGiKKtXg5rYVerM01qtFKz6ku24E
But of course. He's gullible enough to be a member of "church" of Scientology, might as well buy snake oil.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Wow as if this is gonna make me buy, MI-fallout on UHD. Sure I hate motion smoothing on classic films like ALIEN (1979). Oh and not gonna see top gun 2 or even buy it as I don't share his beliefs in scientolgy. too bad he was in some good movies before joining that cult.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Top Gun 2: The Shadow Goose Awakens
Top Gun 3: That air control tower guy that wants some Butt.
Top Gun 4: Shower room with men
Top Gun 5: I feel the need for a wheelchair :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis