Time to buy an Xbox?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Pausing your video game for commercials?!?!?

http://www.highdefdi..._Your_Game/9515

Screw you Sony! Just another desperate grab for any source of revenue. Here's a thought Sony, how about you stop overcharging for your TV's??? Samsung and Panasonic are better than you anyway.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Pausing your video game for commercials?!?!?

http://www.highdefdi..._Your_Game/9515

Screw you Sony! Just another desperate grab for any source of revenue. Here's a thought Sony, how about you stop overcharging for your TV's??? Samsung and Panasonic are better than you anyway.
The only way I would put up with that if the game was free. If they implemented a free vs paid version like they do with a lot android apps then I could see its use.

It would still be extremely annoying that it occurs during gameplay.

Perhaps this is another reason Sony and Microsoft want to implement next gen consoles that have to be mandatory connected to the internet. Another strike against them IMO and another move I am concerned about moving forward with console gaming in general.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
This is the kind of crap I hate to see, this is just like having to pay extra for a code to play online when you buy a game used. We already pay enough for games and the consoles when they first come out. I would rather sony just charge a flat fee for using the PSN like MS does with XBOX Live, than have to have my game paused to watch some silly advertisement.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If this starts happening, you better believe I will be playing offline all the time. I am guessing this is going to be for demos and the like, because if they break into a game I paid for, I won't be a happy camper.

Samsung makes Sony's panels for all of their LCDs. The only thing Sony adds is their software and the outside shell.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
It reeks of desperation to me.

Sony's getting their *** kicked by Samsung and LG on the TV front. They got their *** kicked by the iPod in portable music. They got their *** kicked with phones by the iPhone and Android. So now they're grasping at straws to find any way to make money. They've been in a tail spin for years now and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Kinda sad to see Sony go under but I don't see them righting the ship at this point. But they've made a lot of stupid decisions over the years, many of which affected me directly, so I say "good riddance".

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They won't go under. They may restructure and change their business. They've already been doing huge layoffs. Business and the market have changed, so they need to change also.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis