Time to buy a gun ... again

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
All of it contributes. They sell a lot of 1911 .22LR conversions too, and interestingly, when I am at the range I notice a lot of people shooting .22 lately. I've noticed a large number of people picking up their small .22 pistols also when I'm at the shop lately...it just adds to it. I was really close to buying a 1911-22 myself until this shortage came about.

Idiocracy is an awesome movie. So dumb and so true.

Yeah, those 1911 style .22s are slick, but the ones I have seen are kind of pricey. I think I would prefer to spend a little more and get a .45 1911.

The .22 that has caught my eye now is the Walther G22. That looks like fun.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, those 1911 style .22s are slick, but the ones I have seen are kind of pricey. I think I would prefer to spend a little more and get a .45 1911.
The good ones, that are actually accurate and reliable, are more expensive and a good quality conversion costs almost as much as just buying a dedicated one and not have to swap anything. I decided I don't want all that rimfire crud residue in my 1911 :)

The .22 that has caught my eye now is the Walther G22. That looks like fun.
Interesting...I hadn't seen the G22 before. Looks like fun for sure. Definitely surprised to see a bullpup from them and in .22LR.

This is our "varmint" gun for the house

with some tweaks

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
it's official, i now have more sights than rifles :D (i'll remedy that soon)

have ordered a second Sightmark Reflex Sight, a Primary Arms AA Red Dot Gen 3 and a Primary Arms Micro Dot MD-06L
(and two pairs of magpul foldable BUS)

i had ordered black BUS from magpul but now decided that i wanted OD green ones. i'll make sure the black ones are put a new upper i'm shopping for :D

-0-

100 rounds of 22lr armscor HV comes to about 7 bucks here.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
love the stock on the first one!

unfortunately, balikbayan box only goes one way :) "balik" = return . "bayan" = home (roughly)

decided on the sig over the gsg's due to the standard threaded barrel ... i can use suppressors! (DIY by some guy over here costs only 300bucks)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
love the stock on the first one!
Yeah, that one is modeled on the FN SCAR and built in Germany as a target shooter. The second one is the "precision" version and then they have the competition model:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
PA PAC3x mounted on 20" 5.56
Sightmark Reflex Sight on 12.5" 5.56

incoming PA MD-06L on incoming Roni Pistol Carbine Conversion kit

incoming PA AA Red Dot on ?
incoming Sightmark Reflex Sight on ?
(for incoming SBR 5.56 upper and incoming Sig 522)

now i "want" the new PA 1-6x, but of course, now i will have 1 too many.
assuming i get the PA 1-6x, which rifle do i mount it? (so i know which other sight to get rid of, choosing between Sightmark and Pac3x)

help me play the mix and match game. i figure, the Sig522 will be my new favorite toy

PA=Primary Arms

Last edited by a moderator:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
very nice.
what is that?

also, is your sight above an aimpoint?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Taurus CT9-G26. 9MM Carbine. I already had a rear MBUS and picked up the front one the other day, but they're taller than the ones on there when flipped up. The sight on the MP-15 is my Primary Arms red dot that is going on the Taurus now :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
since noone can get a firearm (legally) since last december

i'm reduced to pimping out old ones

and then there's the new exorbitant fees we are supposed to pay. for every gun. every few years. more expensive the more guns you own.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting add on kit. Not legal for me here in Ca. :(

What do you mean can't get new ones? New laws? - *Edit looked it up. Sounds pretty restrictive.

I turned in my paperwork for my carry permit last week.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting add on kit. Not legal for me here in Ca. :(

What do you mean can't get new ones? New laws? - *Edit looked it up. Sounds pretty restrictive.

I turned in my paperwork for my carry permit last week.
i thought you guys just need to pay for a stamp to register the firearm as SBR or something.

edit: i guess the suppressor isn't legal.

-0-

the new law itself isn't very restrictive (except in monetary terms). but it took effect last january, and they still haven't gotten around to registering new firearms (and thus cannot release said firearms). all the gunstore's inventory are in the central police camp for safekeeping.

i can imagine the gun stores dying of this inefficiency.

the new law now requires a "license to own" plus and each gun has it's own "ID" as well. both needs to be renewed every 2 years i think. then there are fee tiers that get higher the more firearms you register.

unfortunately, gun rights are NOT in our constitution. it's a "privilege" that can be taken away anytime.

-0-

that's a temporary sight. i'll be using a primary arms MD-06L on this. bought both black and od green back up sights ... still can't decide what color to use.

-0-

stormlake threaded barrel. it's a good thing XD accessories are compatible to HS :)

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
up to date with the local news, i see :D
I saw your post on FB. :) I figure once they realize that hammers don't break glass...people break glass, you'll have another post. "Officials ban people from entering malls."

I didn't realize until just now that a man who has felt the power of the ban hammer posted a story about, well, you know. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
i thought you guys just need to pay for a stamp to register the firearm as SBR or something.

edit: i guess the suppressor isn't legal.

-0-

the new law itself isn't very restrictive (except in monetary terms). but it took effect last january, and they still haven't gotten around to registering new firearms (and thus cannot release said firearms). all the gunstore's inventory are in the central police camp for safekeeping.

i can imagine the gun stores dying of this inefficiency.

the new law now requires a "license to own" plus and each gun has it's own "ID" as well. both needs to be renewed every 2 years i think. then there are fee tiers that get higher the more firearms you register.

unfortunately, gun rights are NOT in our constitution. it's a "privilege" that can be taken away anytime.

-0-

that's a temporary sight. i'll be using a primary arms MD-06L on this. bought both black and od green back up sights ... still can't decide what color to use.

-0-

stormlake threaded barrel. it's a good thing XD accessories are compatible to HS :)
Nice. Had you not mentioned it, I would have thought it was an XD.

There's a lot of things that wouldn't allow that to work in CA unfortunately - can't add a stock to a pistol, which means SBR and SBR is difficult to get. $200 to apply for it and that doesn't mean it will be approved by the Fed. I looked into it a while back and that type of add on isn't even approved for sale in CA.

Since the top is all black, I'd probably go black sights.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I had my fire arms checked over yesterday and tested to see if the safety's work or not, had the guy try and tell me I'm over my gun limit I'm like that rule hasn't come in so your not talking the 5 rifles you've had your eyes on all morning

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord

that's an 8" suppressor.

from a purely aesthetic point of view,

8" or 6" or 5" suppressor for this SBR?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis