THOR RAGNAROCK a must see

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched that in 3D last night and that was its only detraction was the 3D. Acting, special effects, and soundtrack are all top notch. Kate Blanchette played the deliciously evil Hella and she was to die for. Comedic relief was never far away and the jokes never got stale or reused. This one has a spot reserved in my BluRay library.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So this is the rock'n'roll parody of the Thor Ragnarok flick? :)

skypickle

skypickle

Audioholic Intern
I dont get it. The blurb makes it sound like another marvel comic with a dumbed down plot - thor vs the hulk? - and sensory assault with super duper cgi. I am still waiting for a casablanca sequel. Maybe there's a future in that - sequels to old classic movies?

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I saw it last weekend and enjoyed it overall. The arena scene was pretty great.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not really a movie for me, went to see it as she wanted to see it. Bad jokes, hack and slash, that pretty much sums it up for me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not really a movie for me, went to see it as she wanted to see it. Bad jokes, hack and slash, that pretty much sums it up for me.
One of my pharmacy students saw it. He said he didn’t like this movie because they tried too hard to be funny, instead of being a little more serious.

Sounds like a rental to me. But, of course, I will eventually see it since it is Thor. :D

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
One of my pharmacy students saw it. He said he didn’t like this movie because they tried too hard to be funny, instead of being a little more serious.

Sounds like a rental to me. But, of course, I will eventually see it since it is Thor. :D
Well some seemed to enjoy it quite a lot so it will work for some, just not for every one.

ErnieM

ErnieM

Audioholic
Interesting comparison: my son and I went to Thor Ragnarock and then within a few days we viewed Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 on Netflix. In my view Guardians is a superior film. Better writing and better soundtrack. When "Lake Shore Drive" came on, my wife said she remembered it on the radio back in the day.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Interesting comparison: my son and I went to Thor Ragnarock and then within a few days we viewed Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 on Netflix. In my view Guardians is a superior film. Better writing and better soundtrack. When "Lake Shore Drive" came on, my wife said she remembered it on the radio back in the day.
As a die hard Led Zep fan, i would have to disagree with your soundtrack assessment :)

ErnieM

ErnieM

Audioholic
As a die hard Led Zep fan, i would have to disagree with your soundtrack assessment :)
OK, I grant you that the use of Immigrant Song in Thor was great in both of the scenes where it is placed. I wonder how much they had to pay for that track? Led Zep is famous for not allowing their music to be used except very rarely.

While I have your attention: is there a better (i.e., more hi res) version of Led Zep apart from their Remastered set?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Overall I think this Thor movie is among the better ones of all the Avengers movies.

But I also agree that they tried very hard to make this movie funny. Perhaps it sells more tickets.

So if you love comedies, then you will appreciate the comedy attempt.

If you generally hate comedies, then you would have appreciated a more serious tone to the movie.

But overall, even though I generally hate comedies, I like this latest Thor movie.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Is funny what in the way I agree with both of you ? Guardians was in many aspects better movie, definitely from comedy standpoint. Comedy in Thor Randomcokc was a bit too forced and actors couldn't deliver it in believable way.
As for soundtracks - both movies have very good soundtrack (big Led Zep fan as well), but you also both wrong. No one is more notoriously shy from using their songs in movies than Beatles and their "Because" was used SO absolutely PERFECTLY in Luc Besson's 2017th Valerian movie.
But for avengers, their had their own absolutely hit nail on the head song usage, and by far it was Black Sabbath's Iron man.

p.s: Using same Immigrant Song the 2nd time in same movie felt very redundant imho...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Is funny what in the way I agree with both of you ? Guardians was in many aspects better movie, definitely from comedy standpoint. Comedy in Thor Randomcokc was a bit too forced and actors couldn't deliver it in believable way.
As for soundtracks - both movies have very good soundtrack (big Led Zep fan as well), but you also both wrong. No one is more notoriously shy from using their songs in movies than Beatles and their "Because" was used SO absolutely PERFECTLY in Luc Besson's 2017th Valerian movie.
But for avengers, their had their own absolutely hit nail on the head song usage, and by far it was Black Sabbath's Iron man.

p.s: Using same Immigrant Song the 2nd time in same movie felt very redundant imho...
One can't be wrong with personal preference.. :rolleyes:

Eddie14

Eddie14

Enthusiast
Well not really a must, but I enjoyed it. More hilarious and punching scenes. I'm just not used to the short hair Thor.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw it at the theater with my wife and we loved it. It might be my favorite in the mcu right now. I picked up the 4k Blu Ray this morning. Gonna make it good and dark, turn it up close to reference and go for the movie experience tonight. Can't wait.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Got it the other day. Need to watch it.....
How did you get it before the release day, today? An import?

I picked up my copy today at Costco, $22.95.
May or may not get to see it until Sunday.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis