THOR RAGNAROCK a must see

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As a die hard Led Zep fan, i would have to disagree with your soundtrack assessment :)
I loved their use of that same track both times in the movie. Goosebump inducing stuff there. I made a trip to the dispensary the other day and grabbed some edibles. I'm gonna eat a couple of those a couple hours before we start the movie. :cool: I'll be getting those goosebumps again later! Can't wait.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I give this movie a solid B, agree with all comments about the over reaching humor, but it does have some very funny moments. It was actually more re-watchable than any of the Thor Movies in my opinion.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How did you get it before the release day, today? An import?

I picked up my copy today at Costco, $22.95.
May or may not get to see it until Sunday.
Son in law got it. Sometimes it comes a day or so early. Sometimes it is late...all depends on Amazon.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Son in law got it. Sometimes it comes a day or so early. Sometimes it is late...all depends on Amazon.
Thanks. Interesting that now it is on Amazon at 22.96. Last week it wasn't showing except the imports.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah and they still had Coco for $39.99, now $22.99 same as Target but says backordered. I had gone the day of the Oscars because I forgot to preorder that one and it was sold out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it yesterday. Highly entertaining summer action flick as expected. I didn't think the humor felt forced, I kind of liked most of it and laughed out loud a few times. This film seemed to be intended to be lighthearted and action packed and it delivered. If anyone went for a story, well, that was a mistake.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Watched it yesterday. Highly entertaining summer action flick as expected. I didn't think the humor felt forced, I kind of liked most of it and laughed out loud a few times. This film seemed to be intended to be lighthearted and action packed and it delivered. If anyone went for a story, well, that was a mistake.
I agree. I didn't think the humor was forced. A lot of it was ad-libbed. The "he's a friend from work" line was actually a fan's suggestion. A kid who was allowed to watch a day of filming for some reason and he got into the spirit of it.

The story? Well, it's lifted almost straight from the comics. They kinda mashed 3 storylines together (Planet Hulk, World Breaker Hulk and Ragnarok). If I recall correctly The Hulk storyline and Ragnarok had nothing to do with each other originally.

I think the story is fine, but that's coming from a nerd who absolutely loves the comics. The MCU was one of the greatest things to happen for me as far as movies go. FINALLY... they're getting it right.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Watched the 4k vudu version a few days ago. Movie itself was great, although not my favorite of the thor movies. The video is excellent, and the Atmos mix is executed very well, making good use of objects as things fly around the room without aggressive over the top use of heights, providing a perfect three dimensional sound stage.

Unfortunately Disney only includes the Atmos track on the 4k versions of their movies.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis