The trailer cottage and its system.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's the trailer starting at the bedroom but I purposely skipped the bathroom. My late wife made that quilt for me.
IMG_6627.jpg IMG_6628 (1).jpg IMG_6629.jpg
Moving out of the bedroom.
IMG_6630.jpg IMG_6633.jpg IMG_6631.jpg IMG_6632.jpg IMG_6623.jpg

Attachments

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's the entertainment center with cassette deck. The bluetooth attached subwoofer sits between the left hand side of the recliner and behind dining room chair againt the wall. The analog to bluetooth module stopped working and I could no longer pair it with the JBL soundbar. I ordered an analog to Toslink converter to replace it. I tested it at home and it works so I'm good to go for my next visit.

IMG_6623.jpg
IMG_6634.jpg
IMG_6625.jpg

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been resting the soundbar across the open cabinet doors and I was tired of the rats nest of wiring that was there so I attempted to clean some up.
The before shot:
IMG_6634.jpg
IMG_6623.jpg

I ordered some floating shelf brackets but the dimensions on the plate that gets fastened to the mounting surface wasn't given so I took a chance and ordered them off of Amazon. I also out rerouted the wiring and orderd a 15 ft optical cable and routed that back up from the cabinet to behind the display.

IMG_7018.jpg
IMG_7019.jpg
IMG_7020.jpg
IMG_7021.jpg

That little box with the redlight on it is an ADC that converts analog out from the deck to digital TOSLINK so I can connect it to the soundbar. When using it, I have to unplug the HDMI out or it bypasses the TOSLINK input. I can live with that inconvenience. The only issue is that I can't open the cabinet doors all the way as the mounting plate of the floating shelve cabinets are two thick as shown below;

IMG_6623.jpg

I found a pair of 14" right angle brackets that I'm going to mount behind the TV. I checked and I have enough wood back there to go up 14" behind the TV on either side. It will also finally be tall enough to open the cabinet doors without the tops rubbing against the underneath of the sound bar. I'm waiting on the order to come in.

Here's the sub location;
IMG_7067.jpg

It sounds good at all the seated locations.

Attachments

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I spent the last 5 days at the trailer. It was a maintenance stay having washed and waxed it, treating the rubber seals at the bump outs and applying a UV protecter on the roof. I didnt get on the water once with the kayak but next visit for sure.

One of the things I did do was to replace the brackets holding up the sound bar with a larger pair which are placed behind the display. I can once again open the doors all the way as well as shown by the first pic.

I added command strips to both the bottom of the sound bar and top of the bracket to prevent pushing the soundbar off the bracket.

IMG-7196.jpg
IMG-7197.jpg
IMG-7198.jpg
IMG-7199.jpg
IMG-7202.jpg

1659571628151.png

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looking great! Sorry if I missed you saying in the past, but is this on your land or are you renting a spot for the summer? Loved the turtle pics on one of your previous outings on the kayak.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Looking great! Sorry if I missed you saying in the past, but is this on your land or are you renting a spot for the summer? Loved the turtle pics on one of your previous outings on the kayak.
Seasonal site in a campground

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I replaced the JBL soundbar/subwoofer at the trailer with a Monoprice SB-600 Dolby Atmos +surrounds+sub setup because the JBL just couldnt through an immersive sound field despite being a 5.1 system. I wasn't surprised by that fact. I brought the JBL back up and its now a permanent fixture in the guest (2nd) bedroom.

Pros of the SB-600 system over the JBL are 1) better connectivity with a much wider range of connection formats, 2) much more immersive sound, 3) ATMOS. Pros of the JBL over the SB-600 are 1) 10 inch subs hits harder than the 8 inch sub and plays slightly deeper. 2) better system for wall mounting. JBL was very clever here and it’s effective.

Both systems are pretty good with music and sound much better than any TV speakers. The SB-600 has 4 different EQ settings but no automated room EQ where as the JBL has no manual EQ settings but has an automated room EQ. There is no way of turning off the surrounds on the SB-600 even on two channel sources. Overall I am pleased with both the JBL and SB-600 sound. From a connectivity and sound field immersion point of view, the SB-600 is the better system.

Here some pics of the Monoprice installation at the trailer

IMG-7363.jpg
IMG-7364.jpg
IMG-7365.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey guys!! I've been away for a week opening the trailer and spending some time there. :) I found a new spot for the sub in the trailer that gives me decent bass response all around instead of losing it behind the sink :)

From the floor on the left side of the left recliner

IMG-7364.jpg

to the left side of the sofa

IMG_8885.jpg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, so the question begs to be answered............is your head rattling now ? :eek:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, so the question begs to be answered............is your head rattling now ? :eek:
No one sits there as the view angle to the TV is too extreme for a good picture. The beauty of a wireless sub is that I can simply unplug it and put it back in the old location if I had too. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis