The Speaker Company?

G

garman

Enthusiast
Same as Sapphire

I also own Sapphire speakers formerly sold by Tweeter. The new TSC speakers appear identical to my Sapphire ST2s, center, and surrounds. Very pleased with the speakers I purchased a few years ago, thought I paid twice as much.

I wonder why TSC does not reveal that they are of the same design as the Sapphires. Addtionally, the Sapphire website had third party product review articles.

rumonkey2

rumonkey2

Junior Audioholic
I think I'm about to pull the trigger...

My daughter has been wanting me to get her started w/ a small surround setup.
In her case, A/V is not a "priority" , just that "it's cool"...plus, she knows pops really likes doing stuff like this. She just recently purchased her own flat panel... a 32" Westy...
Seeing as how she is in a small apt in Miami and likely to be moving soon, I think I will start her out with these:

http://www.thespeakercompany.com/A5-LCR-3-Piece-Home-Theater-Speaker-System-P35C18.aspx

Drive 'em w/ an inexpensive AVR (like this one: http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=91216 )

Think this would be a good start for a basic/easy to use system for someone that just wants "better than TV sound"??
Once she moves, settles, I could help her with a sub & surrounds and then the upgrade path would begin!! ;) :D

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
That'd definitely be a great place to get her started. :cool:

I'd suggest an inexpensive sub to go with. While those will be a great starter system, they'll need some sort of low-end support... -TD

rumonkey2

rumonkey2

Junior Audioholic
Oh, I've got my sights set on a sub....
Just she will be moving come Feb. Not sure if staying in Miami or going elsewhere. So, I figure moving "as little as possible" makes sense.
Plus, her 22nd Bday is late Feb and SCAMP not available yet!;):D

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Now that makes sense. ;)

As for the Scamp, that thing seems to be a bit of a figment. From my understanding, it was supposed to be available quite some time ago. Don't get me wrong, I think if it ever does become a reality, it'll be a great value sub for many, but the longer it takes to get them out the door, it seems like more and more of a fantasy... -TD

rumonkey2

rumonkey2

Junior Audioholic
Now that makes sense. ;)

As for the Scamp, that thing seems to be a bit of a figment. From my understanding, it was supposed to be available quite some time ago. Don't get me wrong, I think if it ever does become a reality, it'll be a great value sub for many, but the longer it takes to get them out the door, it seems like more and more of a fantasy... -TD
Yeah, it's easy to take that view...but for now, I still believe.
And, if it doesn't happen, I've got some back-up ideas;)

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Hmm. Many of these TSC speakers appear to be unusually built for the price. I would like to measure one or more models to find out more. If anyone wants to help others on this forum out and send one to me, I'll measure it and post the results here and send the unit back to you at my expense. I only need a single speaker, not a pair. With the measured data, people can make a better informed decision.

-Chris

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Hey Chris;
I can get my hands on a pair of their TSBL bookshelfs if you'd like to do some measurements with one of them, friend of mine bought some not too long ago and I'm sure they'd be willing to part w/them for a little bit.

Out of the P6 and the TSBL, the newer TSBL seems more neutral of the two. Let me know if that sounds good and I'll get some info from you to set it up... -TD

rumonkey2

rumonkey2

Junior Audioholic
Hmm. Many of these TSC speakers appear to be unusually built for the price. I would like to measure one or more models to find out more. If anyone wants to help others on this forum out and send one to me, I'll measure it and post the results here and send the unit back to you at my expense. I only need a single speaker, not a pair. With the measured data, people can make a better informed decision.

-Chris
Hey Chris;
I can get my hands on a pair of their TSBL bookshelfs if you'd like to do some measurements with one of them, friend of mine bought some not too long ago and I'm sure they'd be willing to part w/them for a little bit.

Out of the P6 and the TSBL, the newer TSBL seems more neutral of the two. Let me know if that sounds good and I'll get some info from you to set it up... -TD
This would be much appreciated by folk like me - tightwadpennypinchingaudiophilewannabes....:p;):D

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Chris;

Yes, I would like to measure the TSBL. PM me.

-Chris

rumonkey2

rumonkey2

Junior Audioholic
Stay on here for too long and we'll change your mind :)

Understood-I don't have any kids yet, but I do have the mortgage, etc. I used my tax refund to buy my speakers and although they were relatively expensive, I think they are more than sufficient to last several years...it's an investment thing and one that doesn't depreciate as fast as some things in our lives, such as automobiles.

With that said-it's smart to stay within budget, there's nothing about this hobby that's worth breaking the bank for and putting yourself into a precarious financial situation.
Words of wisdom that I try to live by...but dang, it's hard when I've "been into" this for so long and help so many others with the $$ I don'thave!!!
Now if my GF ever "buys into" this hobby/passion - we are in trouble!!!:D;)

N

nexus99

Enthusiast
I am building my first HT and I must say the price on the top end floor and center channel speakers is very appealing. And they look ok too.

I will scour the boards here to see if anyone actually has any of these. If there are positive reviews this might be a full 5.1 + sub (maybe not the sub) solution for me.

N

nick51

Audioholics Approved Vendor
I am building my first HT and I must say the price on the top end floor and center channel speakers is very appealing. And they look ok too.

I will scour the boards here to see if anyone actually has any of these. If there are positive reviews this might be a full 5.1 + sub (maybe not the sub) solution for me.
We have several thousand customers in less than a year and all the reviews on our site are from real satisfied customers. You can also find some reviews at www.soundadviceblog.com

Nick Valente
GM, The Speaker Company

O

okfireman

Enthusiast
We have several thousand customers in less than a year and all the reviews on our site are from real satisfied customers. You can also find some reviews at

Nick Valente
GM, The Speaker Company
Which speakers do the lcr1 and lcr2 utilize?

O

okfireman

Enthusiast
They seem to have a similar build to the EMP towers as well, could be either a similar or the same manufacturer that's done the builds.

Nick V. provided me a bit of info on these, I'd planned on opening a separate thread for those interested as this one's gotten a bit off course... -TD
Have you set up the other thread? Love the work you have done with your reviews so far.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis