The Rise of Skywalker

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm optimistic because it certainly looked and sounded great in the theater. Better than the other two.

But it's all in the transfer.
But did you hear any significant sounds OVERHEAD?

Or just great sounds from the bed speakers and subs?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Either way I’m looking forward to another Mandalorian season to find out what happens to baby Yoda... :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Some have put forth that the loss of the GOT people is actually a good thing considering how poorly that series resolved. I had heard much discussion that indicated they didn't really have a plan for wrapping it all up. Hell, I lost interest when the Dragon became undead (or whatever).

View attachment 33066
Noooo! GOT was Epic! Season 8 was Visually stunning! You had dead people trying to eat people! You had a witch that could make fire out of nothing! You had Dragons fighting dragons! Umm did I mention Naked women? :D You had a head getting chopped off! You had Jamie getting a really tall Virgin in bed!
You had the dragon queen burning up everybody! Jon gets to kill the crazy dragon queen! Doesn’t get cooked by the dragon! Best of all the Winterfell wins!!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Noooo! GOT was Epic! Season 8 was Visually stunning! You had dead people trying to eat people! You had a witch that could make fire out of nothing! You had Dragons fighting dragons! Umm did I mention Naked women? :D You had a head getting chopped off! You had Jamie getting a really tall Virgin in bed!
You had the dragon queen burning up everybody! Jon gets to kill the crazy dragon queen! Doesn’t get cooked by the dragon! Best of all the Winterfell wins!!
This is one of the best SW/GoT analogies I have seen:

1578676858993.png

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Dismiss the following you tube review only if you don't like to laugh your ass off. Warning: decidedly not PC, spoilers.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I wish I had not watched this prior to seeing TRos! I took my wee ones Friday night. I tried to park my brain at the door (as I do with most movies) but this review kept playing in my head as the movie unfolded and I agree with every point. Arggh! Happily, the girls loved it! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I finally watched Rise of Skywalker. Here are my thoughts.

1. SQ. Sound is great. There are some good Atmos overhead sounds. Bass was great.

2. PQ. Pretty good, could be better. This movie was shot using 35mm Panavision cameras. Since 2009, a lot of movies and TV shows are shot using digital cameras with resolutions of 2K, 3K, 4K, 5K, 6K, and 8K. Even “Bloodshot” was shot with the 8K Panavision DXL2 camera and TV shows like “Snowpiercer“ was shot using 6K digital cameras, but a big profile movie like SW has to use the lowly cheaper Panavision 35mm? Makes zero sense, just typical SW and Disney. At least they took the 35mm analog and mastered it on 4K digital.

3. Story, Acting, Directing, Characters. Stupid and annoying as usual.

I can be very forgiving. I might have been able to “forgive” Disney for Rise of Skywalker if they had at least used the Panavision DXL2 or Red Ranger Monstro 8K digital cameras. If you cannot dazzle me with story, acting, directing, and characters, then at least dazzle me with HIGH TECH. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis