The Philharmonic Audio BMR, Refreshed!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you seen the new mini's on the website?...
Okay, yes. Those are very cool too. I just love the look of the white ceramic driver on it and the BMR Monitor.

Oh, Dennis puts out a tower speaker that ticks off pretty much every box I look for in a speaker not long after I just bought a pair and I'M the evil one?? I think Mrs Pogre is going to strongly disagree when she finds out about the wheels that are turning in my head...

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
View attachment 46859

Thanks Dennis. My wheels are turnin' right now. Those are absolutely gorgeous speakers and I've been itching to hear some of your work. I may end up putting an order in for a pair if I can finagle it. Is this a limited time thing or do you plan on building these for a while?

Harp music, TYVM.

:p

This is one I love to crank up. It's a drum solo, tho the first half is with electronic pads. It really kicks into gear at the halfway point. I know drums and how they sound. When I crank this one up it almost sounds like there's a kit in the room with me.

My S40’s did not $#!¥ the bed on that, it’ll be used to compare with the RBH-61r’s when they arrive. Someone want to spot me a pair of BMR’s for a three way shootout?

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
View attachment 46859

Thanks Dennis. My wheels are turnin' right now. Those are absolutely gorgeous speakers and I've been itching to hear some of your work. I may end up putting an order in for a pair if I can finagle it. Is this a limited time thing or do you plan on building these for a while?

Harp music, TYVM.

This is one I love to crank up. It's a drum solo, tho the first half is with electronic pads. It really kicks into gear at the halfway point. I know drums and how they sound. When I crank this one up it almost sounds like there's a kit in the room with me.

I'm sure the Scan woofer wouldn't have any problems with that one. The neighbors? Probably.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Okay, yes. Those are very cool too. I just love the look of the white ceramic driver on it and the BMR Monitor.

Oh, Dennis puts out a tower speaker that ticks off pretty much every box I look for in a speaker not long after I just bought a pair and I'M the evil one?? I think Mrs Pogre is going to strongly disagree when she finds out about the wheels that are turning in my head...
You're in need of bmr's i think....i like the minis just because of the smaller bmr driver.. I'm thinking the clarity is probably pretty good...

cbecker33

cbecker33

Audioholic
The towers look very cool, wish they came in a matte (or any sort of subdued) finish.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sure the Scan woofer wouldn't have any problems with that one. The neighbors? Probably.
I cranked up some music on my BMRs the other day and the neighbors liked it so much they threw a brick through the window so they could hear it even better!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I just read through the whole Philharmonic BMR Speaker Review thread on Audio Science Review. Took me two days. :D There sure was a lot of interesting information there (for those interested in the technical details). Looks like the latest edition of the RAAL tweeter will help address the distortion issues around 3k. (Personally, the original tweeter had low enough distortion for my taste.) The low vertical dispersion might actually be a benefit for those of us with low ceilings. I have duct work mid-way on the ceiling running in front of the speakers which gives me concerns over the wacky reflections I may be getting off of the ceiling from the G-PAL dome tweeter in my Paradigms. Need to see if I can find graphs on the Studio 20. I only have one side-wall, though, so the wide horizontal dispersion may be a disadvantage in my room, but might be treatable.

Some of us like the naked look, but sounds like designing grills for the tower has been a real challenge. Cover the whole array in a rectangular cloth and cover up a lot of the wood grain? Separate covers for the MTM and woofer? Dennis nixed that idea since it looks like an exclamation point. Someone suggested an in-lay like the one pictured. I like the look of this one as it preserves a lot of the nice wood grain on the front and two grills would then blend in. Don't think we'll see it though as that would require more milling of the face for the in-lay and it was already mentioned that further changes to the mill work are unlikely. Would be nice if a pair landed at Salk Sound as that's one of the few shops close enough to the boarder to drive to for an audition. Road trip, anyone?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Eppie! I had paused scheming over those and you just triggered me again!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pausing, and being distracted by a new sub are NOT the same.
:D
You deserved multiple reactions for this post but I went with funny. You're also right tho. I still have some of the cash leftover I squirreled away in the piggy bank from when I sold my Ultra towers. I think I could sell my current speakers and just about make up the rest. Depending on shipping... where's Dennis at again?

A pair of BMR towers in piano black would match right up with the look of my new sub. I'd stick it up front and move both of the HSUs behind the couch...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
You deserved multiple reactions for this post but I went with funny. You're also right tho. I still have some of the cash leftover I squirreled away in the piggy bank from when I sold my Ultra towers. I think I could sell my current speakers and just about make up the rest. Depending on shipping... where's Dennis at again?

A pair of BMR towers in piano black would match right up with the look of my new sub. I'd stick it up front and move both of the HSUs behind the couch...
I think he's in Kansas? Have to order before May 1 to get piano black. ;)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I think he's in Kansas? Have to order before May 1 to get piano black. ;)
@Pogre

Dennis Murphy is in Maryland, not Kansas. If you want to order them, contact Dennis Murphy at info@philharmonicaudio.com. The speakers will be shipped from nearby, in northern Virginia.

If you are serious about ordering them, contact Dennis right away, just to let him know you're interested. After people saw the photos of the first run of these speakers, orders started coming in fast. Who knows what will be left by May 1? Please understand, I'm not trying to pressure you – just trying to tell you the facts.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis