The Philharmonic Audio BMR, Refreshed!

T

trollbearpig

Audiophyte
What strikes me is that this post was allowed as it links to another audio site. I don't know of any other sites that allow this.
Interesting. I'll head over AVS.
Seeing a comment from Dennis in there on 534 "If you "only" need to go down to the 30s, BMR would do it with less than half of the tower cost."

Making me think if I already plan to use subwoofers with my system maybe BMR is actually the better choice here vs waiting for towers o_O

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Spartan
Ohhh man those BMR towers look niceee. Now the decision...get BMR bookshelves...or wait for the towers lolol. Say if you have subwoofers with an 80hz crossover for example would that mean which ever woofer in the tower that handles the low end would go unused?
If I understand your question, you've assumed the two woofers in the BMR towers operate separately with different frequency ranges. I think both those woofers get signals in the same frequency range. Any crossover to an external subwoofer would equally affect both woofers. They are probably running in parallel to each other.

@D Murphy – Please correct me if this is wrong.
I have to correct myself :oops:. The BMR Towers have only one woofer. What I said above is wrong.
The photos in Post #81 clearly show one woofer. Below the woofer is a large port.

T

trollbearpig

Audiophyte
I have to correct myself :oops:. The BMR Towers have only one woofer. What I said above is wrong.
The photos in Post #81 clearly show one woofer. Below the woofer is a large port.
OH that bottom circle isn't a woofer but a port?! Lool I totally missed that.

D

D Murphy

Audioholic
OH that bottom circle isn't a woofer but a port?! Lool I totally missed that.
The port is big really big. Technically, it's the terminus of the transmission line and is virtually silent, so you wouldn't have to worry about port noise from the front location.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis