The Philharmonic Audio BMR, Refreshed!

T

trollbearpig

Audiophyte
What strikes me is that this post was allowed as it links to another audio site. I don't know of any other sites that allow this.
Interesting. I'll head over AVS.
Seeing a comment from Dennis in there on 534 "If you "only" need to go down to the 30s, BMR would do it with less than half of the tower cost."

Making me think if I already plan to use subwoofers with my system maybe BMR is actually the better choice here vs waiting for towers o_O

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Ohhh man those BMR towers look niceee. Now the decision...get BMR bookshelves...or wait for the towers lolol. Say if you have subwoofers with an 80hz crossover for example would that mean which ever woofer in the tower that handles the low end would go unused?
If I understand your question, you've assumed the two woofers in the BMR towers operate separately with different frequency ranges. I think both those woofers get signals in the same frequency range. Any crossover to an external subwoofer would equally affect both woofers. They are probably running in parallel to each other.

@D Murphy – Please correct me if this is wrong.
I have to correct myself :oops:. The BMR Towers have only one woofer. What I said above is wrong.
The photos in Post #81 clearly show one woofer. Below the woofer is a large port.

T

trollbearpig

Audiophyte
I have to correct myself :oops:. The BMR Towers have only one woofer. What I said above is wrong.
The photos in Post #81 clearly show one woofer. Below the woofer is a large port.
OH that bottom circle isn't a woofer but a port?! Lool I totally missed that.

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
OH that bottom circle isn't a woofer but a port?! Lool I totally missed that.
The port is big really big. Technically, it's the terminus of the transmission line and is virtually silent, so you wouldn't have to worry about port noise from the front location.

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
The Affordable Accuracy Plus "Quick Kit" is ready to rock and roll. I have details on my site: philharmonicaudio.com The cabinets and woofer ship directly from Parts Express with free shipping (unless they raise the minimum order value on me). I ship the tweeter, crossover boards, Eco-Core, and hardware in a small box, so I should be feeding Fed Ex less of your cash with this project. The departure date for the container ship with all of the BMR's and Towers got pushed back a week, so I won't have those goodies until the second week of March or so.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Affordable Accuracy Plus "Quick Kit" is ready to rock and roll. I have details on my site: philharmonicaudio.com The cabinets and woofer ship directly from Parts Express with free shipping (unless they raise the minimum order value on me). I ship the tweeter, crossover boards, Eco-Core, and hardware in a small box, so I should be feeding Fed Ex less of your cash with this project. The departure date for the container ship with all of the BMR's and Towers got pushed back a week, so I won't have those goodies until the second week of March or so.
Dennis I just recently started posting again after a little break. Back then you were looking at possibly modding the Ultra bookshelf speakers. Have you done anything with those yet?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Very cool Dennis!!! Congrats on getting this back out in the world!

To any and all who may be interested, here is the link to the AA+ page on Dennis' site:

I am very, very slowly in process of an old-school manual upgrade from the older AA model based on the actual BR-1 kit from PE. I can vouch for the original XO upgrade Dennis offered being a step up over the stock version. On paper, and by word of mouth, I know the Morel Tweeter and the further upgraded XO is better still.
This kit is easily one of the best deals in Audio a person can dig into, especially considering the hardest parts of assembly are already taken care of!
Connect wires, stuff cabinets, attach drivers... plug in and rock out!

Highly recommended!!!

Cheers,
R

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
Dennis I just recently started posting again after a little break. Back then you were looking at possibly modding the Ultra bookshelf speakers. Have you done anything with those yet?
Welcome back. I did mod the ultra's, and I have the modded pair up on usaudiomarat.com for $800.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
For any considering a Speaker purchase:

Of the current lot of BMR Monitors that ordered, a few cancellations have left some available for Instant Gratification! :D
While I have not heard the SB Acoustics version of the Speaker, myself, it continues to receive effusive praise from everybody that has.
Available for immediate delivery in Walnut with Ruby Tint (per Dennis' comment below!).
See the lovely images three posts down. :)

This is just gonna stay for the Fact that you can see the new BMR Tower, and a stunning pair of BMR Monitors from a customer of theirs in Taiwan.

***Edited to correct errors. Thank you Dennis!

Last edited:
D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
For any considering a Speaker purchase:

Of the current lot of BMR Monitors that ordered, a few cancellations have left some available for Instant Gratification! :D
While I have not heard the SB Acoustics version of the Speaker, myself, it continues to receive effusive praise from everybody that has.
Available for immediate delivery in Walnut Burl:
Thanks for the post ryanosaur. One correction, the available BMR's are walnut,. but not walnut burl, and the cabinets aren't curved. That's a pic snapped in Taiwan, where some clients custom ordered curved cabinets in burl, the same veneer as on the tower (which are all sold). The available BMR's are in the same dark walnut with a ruby tint that is standard on all of the BMR's that have arrived here.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the post ryanosaur. One correction, the available BMR's are walnut,. but not walnut burl, and the cabinets aren't curved. That's a pic snapped in Taiwan, where some clients custom ordered curved cabinets in burl, the same veneer as on the tower (which are all sold). The available BMR's are in the same dark walnut with a ruby tint that is standard on all of the BMR's that have arrived here.
Thank you for the correction, Dennis! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
the tower (which are all sold).
Darn, I guess I missed out on your batch of BMR towers?
I don't see them on the Philharmonic Audio site.
Do you have more in the pipeline?

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have been dumping a bunch of money into paying the car off early. I should be able to pay it off next month. BMRs could very well be in the near future :D :p :cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis