The Marantz SR6013 9.2CH 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with HEOS ($1,500 value) Giveaway is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JDmsz

Audioholic Intern
Denon, because it was my first avr other than a HTIB and haven't let me down in 3 years and counting.
- It also drives 4ohm speakers really well before running out of steam.

M

mattrox217

Audiophyte
Marantz! Years ago my father in law gave me my first record player - it was a marantz belt drive. I fell in love and have been chasing hi fi ever since.

L

listenlisten

Audiophyte
Anthem, because the sound quality is superb and so is Anthem Room Correction.

H

hoosierdaddy

Audiophyte
I've usually gone with Onkyo because I feel it's the best bang-for-the-buck. Usually enough features but tend to be underpowered (though not according to their specs!).

mcdannel

mcdannel

Audiophyte
Marantz. Perceived quality and generally good experience. Operates without overheating - like my Yamaha does.

A

AGuzman79

Audiophyte
I've had great experiences with both Yamaha and Onkyo. I really like the Audyssey XT32 room correction on my TX-NR818 but that model has gotten a bit long in the tooth. This Marantz would be great upgrade.

U

underpaidjames

Audiophyte
A. Denon

When I was Sixteen I received my first Denon AV receiver as a gift from my father. It paired with Onkyo 7.1 setup made me fall in love with immersive sound quality. Movies I had previously watched were new again! I’ve loved Yamaha, Kenwood, and even Pioneer. Personally never owned a Marantz receiver, I would love to experience why many consider it to be a pinnacle of home entertainment. I still have my original Denon receiver and it’s new home is as a garage stereo which works great. My new Denon setup with 7.2 Cerwin Vega speakers have done wonders for overall sound quality.

K

kts

Audiophyte
Yamaha, older Pioneer models have 59TXI, time to upgrade to Marantz.

D

DefTechFan

Audiophyte
Marantz first and Denon or Anthem tied for second - I am convinced my SR6011 sounds better for music than my Denon x4300 which I believe has a ‘better’ or more recent DAC. I believe both of my receivers were of the same model year also. Marantz’s long history in the industry cements it my mind as my personal favorite.

A

A.B.52

Audiophyte
My favorite brand is DENON. AVR-3805 is the heart of my home theater since 2006 and runs like on the day one. It replaced quite weak Pioneer receiver. It would be nice to upgrade surround sound to immersive sound - in my living room with cathedral ceilings DTS Virtual:X will be very handy.

D

Dogman

Audiophyte
Marantz - I have an SR6008 that replaced a Denon. The surround processing for movies and audio quality for music listening are quite a bit better.

R

R.Elder

Audioholic
Answer: B

I recently bought a new Yamaha AVR and I’d give them a close second. I really like the audesey room correction and the dynamic volume feature that the Denon and Marantz receivers use. I think the Yamaha gives them a run on 2 channel music listening though. Pioneer was pretty good but when I tried one recently on my system it sounded like a big downgrade from my old SC 79.

P

Plegato

Audiophyte
Marantz if the wife allows. Top quality components which give clean, accurate sound that lasts longer than competing brands. If she doesn’t allow, I have to live with junk til my birthday.

B

boxker

Audiophyte
In the last few years, I've become a big fan of Marantz. My first Receiver was Technics SA-700. I love that thing. When I reached my 20's I fell in love with Pioneer Elite, but then I saw that Denon was more consistent with their features and quality so I started going that route by buying a Denon 4520. I didn't want to give that up but I really wanted to get into Dolby Atmos. I couldn't quite get the Denon 4200 so I settled for Marantz 6010. I was so glad I did that because it added something to my music that I hadn't had in a while. I really love music, so the Marantz became my best friend. But then I wanted to go from 7.2.2 to 7.4.2 and H.E.O.S so I switched to a Denon 4300. That was a good receiver but something was missing with my music. So, I turned the 4300 in and went back to Marantz. A Marantz 6012.

A

anthonylicas

Audiophyte
Denon- no nonsense in terms of styling and tech. A great value for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis