The Marantz AV7705 Surround Processor/Pre-Amplifier Giveaway is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Brown

Audiophyte
Separates have a better music sound for me I don't have any right now but I did have some adcom loved it still have the adcom 7500 5 channel thx amp 150 w per channel and a yamaha tsr 7810 receiver pre out are important with 29 db voltage gain. Would love to have 11 channel yamaha amp with marantz pre or 11 channel marantz amp that would pushmy too pairs of klipsch kg 5.5 hard

SwirlingMist

SwirlingMist

Enthusiast
Love that we can upgrade just certain parts as we build our systems. With new surround formats, and amplifier technologies, it just makes sense. Separates: This is the way.

S

SteveCallas

Audiophyte
Would be my first entry into separates. I would do a detailed sound quality comparison to my SR8012.

ngagne

ngagne

Audiophyte
About 8 years ago I made the jump from TV speakers to a Denon 1712 and 5.1 Pioneer speakers (still my current setup), and it was an audio revolution that I never experienced at home. Making the upgrade to Dolby Atmos and separate amplifiers I feel are the next revolution in our home theater experience!

B

bytesiz

Audiophyte
Separates are the best. Let's face it, a good part of this hobby is reading reviews, shopping for the nice piece of gear and swapping it into the system. Separates just add way more flexibility and fun to the hobby.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
After doing AV for 15 years...it's about time to make the jump to separates.

R

rockahaus

Audiophyte
For about 20 years, I used to install separates with parametric and octave EQ's in my trucks when I used to compete. The I got hurt in the Army and went about 10 years not being able to listen to hardly any music at all. I'm finally getting back on track, and since I haven't had a vehicle for about 10 years, I am starting to research what I need to build a home theater system since I am home 24/7 for now on, and the Marantz AV7705 would make an awesome first edition to my setup. Thank you for the chance to win.

F

flsalinas

Enthusiast
After reading Audioholics reviews for the past 20 years or so and paying close attention to the receiver measurements that Gene has provided over the years it seems to me that a separates solution with a well engineered preamp from Marantz would take my home audio journey to next level for me and my family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

bpalatt

Audiophyte
I like having separate components so I can upgrade to the latest inputs and processing while keeping the amps I love

J

Jano18

Audiophyte
I have always purchased Flagship AVR’s and have been planning on going to separates, but haven’t been able to pull the trigger. Would love to be able to have a dedicated amp to drive my speakers and be able to just upgrade my processor as technology advances. jansimonsen@comcast.net

O

OxMan

Audiophyte
It allows for more flexibility and power amps with more headroom than a AVR.

W

Want_More_Audios

Audiophyte
I've wanted to upgrade my receiver and get separates for a long time and I would LOVE to start with this awesome Marantz!

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Why separates for me, 'cause there's a first time for everything :cool:

Also, in this case - though it's not related to separates, I'd be able to use the Audyssey app. My current AVR is too old for that.

X

Xerxov

Audiophyte
I would like to be able to use tube amplifiers with my HT setup.

E

eyecatcher

Enthusiast
As an audio and video enthusiast, over the past decade, I've owned about a half dozen receivers. I have always wanted separates as they have lower noise floor and a better upgrade path without discarding and reinvesting in the amplifier.

I finally invested in a multi channel amplifier that will set me up for future technologial enhancements to focus on the better analog and digital processing. Separates just make sense long term.

E

eyecatcher

Enthusiast
I remember building my first system about a decade ago. A close friend of mine put a theater in his basement and used a Marantz AV8803 surround preamp processor with balanced connections to dedicated amplifiers. I listened to a few movies and soundtracks on it and was floored. The ability to have high power ampfliers for the system allowed to have a powerful immersive sound created from near zero distortion.

Ever since then I wanted Marantz separates. I was inspired at the time and assembled a small 5.1 system. After upgrading my system several times since then, I'm still running 720p and 5.1 through a receiver and can't reach that level in my family room. Having a dedicated processor like the AV7705 would be a great foundation to build a serious11.2, 4k dedicated theater with multiple high quality power amplifiers. If I ever have to upgrade the processor in the future there is a definite advantage to the separates as only one piece of equipment is necessary to be changed. I can't think of doing it any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis