jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I am going to have to get this one too; it's only 49 bucks off amazon. Jeesh it never ends:)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"
Fix the cigarette lighter!:D

majorloser

majorloser

Taking My Own Thread Off Course...

Fix the cigarette lighter!:D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yil9wlfa0yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yil9wlfa0yo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

majorloser

majorloser

Might As Well....

Mad Max
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TMYLjlpP0NY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TMYLjlpP0NY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mad Max 2 : The Road Warrior
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nLCmcV4gC_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nLCmcV4gC_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

majorloser

majorloser

I had some gift certificates from Emotiva I needed to use before December 31st, so I decided to pick up an XPA-5 to replace some of the A-500's.

Of course I get it hooked up and the rack pushed back in the closet and now I have a freakin' loud ground loop hum :mad::mad::mad:

So it looks like I'll be spending the New Years weekend trying to track down the problem. :mad:grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

I hate ground loop problems.

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
I hate you were able to get an XPA-5 and I didn't...Good luck on the ground loop:D

Mad-Max

Mad-Max

Audioholic Intern
Realy nice collection of movie Memorabilia. Where is a good place to search and start collecting these items?

I only asked cause I got my first one for Xmas, a nice Yoda statue... thought it was pretty cool.

Mad

majorloser

majorloser

I've been putting it off for quite awhile, but I finally updated my UMC-1 firmware again last night. I was waiting for them to just come out and say they released the final version. It may not seem like much to some, but I find it a real PITA to re-enter all of my componennt settings and recalibrating the system.

I first loaded the Version 7.0 firmware which was required prior to loading hte latest Version 7.2 firmware. Once you switch to these version you have to make a choice which remote you will use, the small original plastic remote or the new larger billet alluminum remote. The instruction state there is no going back once you loaded the changes, so your choice is final. I chose to go ahead and load firmware for the alluminum remote since it ads additional codes not included with the old plastic remote, mostly the direct navigation keys for the source device inputs. From what I've read on the Emo forum, most people have moved toward a Logitech remote instead of the alluminum remote, so the additional features are handy.

They also added new firmware for the front panel code. According to hte in structions it fixes a shut down issue with the metal remote, so now that I switched it had to be added.

I got all of the firmware installed and performed the first round of automatic calibrations with the Emo-Q system. It seems to work much better now, but I won't know for sure till I run some manual checks. I was running my new Dayton OmniMic while going through the Emo-Q process. It was interesting to see hom the UMC-1 made it's changes in "real time".

majorloser

majorloser

Oh, I forgot to post this earlier....

I had $200 in Emotiva gift certificates to use up, so I replaced five (5) of my Behringer A-500's for a new Emotiva XMC-5 amplifier. I still have two (2) a-500's running my mains in a bridged mode. I'd like to replace them with a couple Emotiva XPA-1's if I can scrape up the cash. But not verhy high on my priority list for this year.

So needless to say, I'll be looking for somebody to buy the five A-500's sitting on the floor in the theater taking up space. :(

majorloser

majorloser

I just downloaded the v7.2.00.5 beta version of the firmware. I might go ahead and load it tomorrow night if I have LOTS of spare time it requires to re-enter all of my inputs. That's the main reason I haven't done upgrades and kept waiting for the mto just release a final version, but couldn't wait any longer.

I really want the features the XMC-1 will provide for my theater, but I just don't have patience for tweaking. I like things to work right out of the box and have automatic systems for upgrades. I guess I'm not a bery good Audioholic since I don't like tweaking. I think I should be able to set things up once and don't touch it unless I add new equipment.

I was the very first person to receive a UMC-1 and I thank the Laufmans for giving me this opportunity. It is a great piece of equipment that is perfect for the type of person that love to play with their gear with the goal of getting the most of their system. You get a lot of options for manual "tweaking" and they give you the opportunity to regularly try BETA versions of software. They also will spend the time on the phone to talk you through things. And let's face it, compared to the competition it dirt cheap. About the same price as a receiver.

I'll still pick up the XMC-1 when the time comes and move the UMC-1 to the bedroom. I just hope the transition can be painless. :)

majorloser

majorloser

Good that you finally could get this done. :cool:
Hey, I'm lazy. :eek:

I just hate doing things again and again. It really is a PITA to reconfigure all of the inputs each time you do an upgrade. It would be nice if you could make the configurations on your computer with software and then export it with the firmware upgrades.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, I'm lazy. :eek:

I just hate doing things again and again. It really is a PITA to reconfigure all of the inputs each time you do an upgrade. It would be nice if you could make the configurations on your computer with software and then export it with the firmware upgrades.
I would have waited also.

Harmony should make separates!:rolleyes::D

majorloser

majorloser

I just downloaded the v7.2.00.5 beta version of the firmware. I might go ahead and load it tomorrow night if I have LOTS of spare time it requires to re-enter all of my inputs. That's the main reason I haven't done upgrades and kept waiting for the mto just release a final version, but couldn't wait any longer.

I knew I should have waited...:mad:

I haven't had a chance to load the BETA firmware, but it's now become a major priority. I'm now getting the center channel drops that everybody else has been complaining about. It happens almost everytime I switch stations on my Dish receiver. The UMC-1 has to re-detect the audio signal and for some reason it drops out of Dolby Digital. I can see where this has got people up in arms. Very annoying.

I got an e-mail from Emotiva saying there's a new podcast that has info about new firmware coming out. I hope this is the final version.

http://emotiva.com/news/index.php/2011/01/28/kicking-off-2011-podcast-01-28-11/

majorloser

majorloser

I finished loading the v7.02.05 BETA firmware over the weekend. Got everything reconfigured and calibrated. I seems to be working properly with no audio drops at all. Even the EMO-Q system seems to work better.

I can wait now till the final version has been out awhile before doing that again. No real need right now since it seems to be working properly with all my gear.

I may just wait now till I move it into the bedroom when I'll have to reconfigure different inputs. That will only happen if the XMC-1 comes out.

Anyway, thumbs up to Lonnie and the Emotiva team for not giving up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis