j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well that paints a picture doesn't it?
It does. Not one I want to see :eek: There was one movie I saw about teen zombie love called Warm Bodies and it was pretty funny. The whole premise is pretty hilarious already: zombie eats a guys brain and falls in love with that guy's girlfriend.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
E2 was pretty good. Good show so far. The little extra backstory they add that isn't in the game is pretty interesting.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Never played the game but I'm digging the show so far. Joel's daughter done dirty :(

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Looks to be very good. Never heard of the game, but then I don't do video games at all.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The lighter Tess used is a direct reference to Uncharted, another of Naughty Dog's big games and another of the best game series of all time. Uncharted is also one of the worst game to movie adaptations ever done.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The lighter Tess used is a direct reference to Uncharted, another of Naughty Dog's big games and another of the best game series of all time. Uncharted is also one of the worst game to movie adaptations ever done.
To be fair, they all pretty terrible.

I did like Silent Hill even if it wasn't really about any one game in particular. The second one sucked though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Renewed for S2 even before the 3rd episode aired!

E3 was odd and unexpected. Almost the entirety of what is in that episode is not in the game, it is basically backstory for an event in the game (Bill helping Joel). While I found it interesting to know how that whole thing came about, it sort of does not fit the nature of the series and maybe that is part of why they changed it. The way that sequence ends in the game is much darker than the show and it sounds like their original cut for this episode was more along the lines of the game and was 2hrs long, yet they decided to change it when they had to shorten it. I was thinking the show was moving along pretty quickly, but this one slowed it right down.

There is another segment that seems to be in there that is an add on to the game that is a prequel for Ellie before the events of the series; it seems to be shown in the trailer clips. That should be good too.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the 1st episode on Crave yesterday and I quite like it. I will watch the whole series. I have one gripe but its not with the show but the content provider. I only get this in stereo, not 2 channel from my ROKU which is 4K compliant. I only added the 4K to let you know that the ROKU itself is not that old. I had to use Yamaha's aritficial sound field DSP, in this case Movie Sci-Fi which was convining enough. I just thought this is odd.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I only get this in stereo, not 2 channel from my ROKU which is 4K compliant. I only added the 4K to let you know that the ROKU itself is not that old
I’ve Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos for that show. :p

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I'm gonna wait till all the episodes are out and spend the weekend watching.
I couldn't help myself. My wife and I watched 4 episodes last night. She is not really into zombie stuff but even she liked it. Wow, what a great show IMO. They kill it with the production design and set design. They created a story and world that captivated you. They did justice to the game and the show far exceeded my expectations. I can't wait for the next episodes!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So far it has exceeded my expectations too. From the games, it was clear they could write a compelling story, but the show is really well done and expands on that even further.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
So far it has exceeded my expectations too. From the games, it was clear they could write a compelling story, but the show is really well done and expands on that even further.
Extremely well done, I even like when they go off game script a bit to improve character development. They use humor very well.

Looking forward to his next project :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
E5 will air on Friday instead of Sunday, due to Superbowl weekend.

I think the reason why the game really hits home is the characters and the relationships they develop. They feel honest and you really want them to make it.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I agree that it is excellent. To me it is a stand alone series since do no video games.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like the tweet was deleted or made private, but it has been captured lol. You will understand after you watch e4 :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like the guy who played the "Bloater" in E5 of Last of Us was in GoT. Pretty crazy that it was an actual person and not CG. That scene was crazy.

Last edited:
CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Looks like the guy who played the "Bloater" in E5 of Last of Us was in GoT. Pretty crazy that it was an actual person and not CG. That scene was crazy.

I'm listing to this now. Pretty crazy how they framed a block of houses in less than a month for the episode.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis