j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I'm listing to this now. Pretty crazy how they framed a block of houses in less than a month for the episode.
I guess not so hard if you are only doing exteriors, but still. That scene was eerie. It looked almost identical to the game, very well done.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Left Behind was a solid recreation of the game. Slightly different as it does not have the searching the mall aspect obviously, but nicely done.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
E8 was also extremely close to the game, again with a few minor changes that still work well. Bella Ramsey said the final episode could divide fans. I know how the game ends and it is pretty intense. I hope they stick with the game ending more or less, but Bella Ramsey tweeted that it may depart from it. Regardless, I expect a heavy duty last episode.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I'm guessing they'll end the season on cliff hanger. Since they know a S2 is happening and it will keep people engaged until the next season. I've never played the games, but I suspect they'll deviate from the game some so they can end on that cliff hanger.

I've enjoyed the show. I know on the AVS Last of Us forum, there have been people disappointed there hasn't been much "zombie" type action. But I actually like that they haven't relied on that, much. I think not knowing what's out there and the different factions all over the place add more intensity to the story.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Enjoying it. It also has one of the most beautiful video presentations I’ve ever seen on a streamed show. It really looks good.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would have liked to see a bit more of the zombie "stealth", since it is often easier to sneak past and a little combat since that is a big part of the game, but not a lot of it in the show. The show doesn't really need it thanks to the story.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Caught up with the last few episodes in time to finish it off tonight.

Not gonna say anything for risk of spoiling...

Wish there was more, now... not a wait for S2. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, hard to talk about that ending without blowing it. I wasn't sure how people who hadn't played the game might have received that. Very nicely done episode.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Good end to the season. Supposedly they are going to make the second game into two separate seasons. HBO will be releasing this show on 4K as well. So will definitely be picking this up when it comes out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Kind of makes sense about s2. The "switching" between the character's story you are following might be a little more complex for the show compared to the game. Plus S2 is probably coming out around the time the next game comes out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis