The Headphone Thread! Share Your Gear and Impressions, Etc.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
These are the ones I have now and these are the ones I'm still waiting on. I like how they sound. The bass was the real surprise to me. I swear I can almost "feel" it.

*Everyone was out of black for some reason...
Indeed the tips are more comfy on the q7i. They have more colorful rs added since you got them. Haha I harassed them to get more. By coincidence I was listening to those ones last night powerful bass for sure. There are a little veiled but sound loud as heck too. Just wait to you get the q7i. You will thank me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Indeed the tips are more comfy on the q7i. They have more colorful rs added since you got them. Haha I harassed them to get more. By coincidence I was listening to those ones last night powerful bass for sure. There are a little veiled but sound loud as heck too. Just wait to you get the q7i. You will thank me.
They just showed up in the mail! Talk about coincidence. First impressions are very positive. Much, much better fit. I would go as far as to say night and day for the fit. No problems with popping out and I can actually move around now.

The bass is just as good as my others, if not better. SQ is maybe a touch better on the others overall. More revealing highs and mids, but the comfort factor sucks on them for me.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just wait till you do break in they surprise you. Glad the comfort is better. Unbelievable sq for that price is just is Damn good. Put some music on and leave over nite. After 25 hrs or so they will shine. I'll recommend another one if you want a heavier bass output Plextone X41M 4.99 only. Like I said earlier those tips will fit the other earphone very very interchangeable. Have fun and enjoy the coca cola.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
They just showed up in the mail! Talk about coincidence. First impressions are very positive. Much, much better fit. I would go as far as to say night and day for the fit. No problems with popping out and I can actually move around now.

The bass is just as good as my others, if not better. SQ is maybe a touch better on the others overall. More revealing highs and mids, but the comfort factor sucks on them for me.
I really don't care for ear buds / IEM, whatever you want to call them. I much prefer traditional cans.

But, I do own a pair of the RBH EP-SB, and I do really like these. Mostly, I needed some BT solution for hands-free cell phone while driving, and these fit the bill. I also really like just coiling them up and sticking them in my pocket.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Had some new velour pads that I had for awhile and tried them on my AT M50 last nite. What a great difference bass no boom and the highs are not screechy anymore. A perfect balance but cristal clear. To get the bass balance I use a old fiio e3. Now I can use these. The sound is more balance and still manage a great soundstage. These are now Wow factor.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
My "just-for-fun" headphones: JVC HA-SZ2000. Dual drivers (50cm and 30cm) they sound like strapping on a couple 15" subwoofers and they must be amped (I have mine running through a Fiio A5). With the right tracks they make your face do this:
1532625211433.png

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I really don't care for ear buds / IEM, whatever you want to call them. I much prefer traditional cans.

But, I do own a pair of the RBH EP-SB, and I do really like these. Mostly, I needed some BT solution for hands-free cell phone while driving, and these fit the bill. I also really like just coiling them up and sticking them in my pocket.
You use earbuds while driving? That's illegal in several states (and dangerous). Does your vehicle have no Bluetooth? That's usually easy and cheap to add.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
This my DAP, a Pioneer XDP-100R (shown with Pump Audio V2s) for tunes at work and travelling:
IMG_2441.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Always wanted to try JVC higher end, but too expensive for me. I had their cheap 160B plastic budget headphones that were raved about and they were great. Mine got ruined but maybe I'll get another pair. Thanks for posting JP.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You use earbuds while driving? That's illegal in several states (and dangerous). Does your vehicle have no Bluetooth? That's usually easy and cheap to add.
I only use 1 of the earbuds while driving, I realize that using both would be a bad idea. It's no different than the single-ear clip on BT devices.

I finally have a vehicle with integrated BT now too.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650
AKG K240 Monitor
Schiit Jotunheim amp (no DAC)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I forgot to mention I have these JVC wood earphones from like 9yrs ago and with good tips they shine. I recently took them out and still amazing. It was their first high end earphones. I paid around $100 imported new: http://zero1-st.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-pickup-victor-hp-fx500jvc-ha-fx1000.html?m=1
Hey Joe, if you've got $28 laying around, you should try these KEF m100 ear buds. They're normally $150, on sale through Monday. I bought a pair for myself shortly before Christmas last year. Liked them so much, I bought pairs for a bunch of my family and my wife's family. They've got neutral tuning, have good detail, and respond well to EQ if you prefer to dial up the bass a bit.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
... I'm thinking with time they will open up to your liking.
By the way, you were absolutely right about this. I use these Thinksound ear buds attached to my work computer from time to time. I generally turn my brain off and try not to listen too critically, as my audio interface is equalized for my PC speakers with midbass attenuated, sub bass extended, and various room corrections that have no business being applied to earphones. But plugged into my work PC, it's super easy to zone out and just enjoy the music. Now I feel these $43 ear buds are playing beyond their price tag.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Joe, if you've got $28 laying around, you should try these KEF m100 ear buds. They're normally $150, on sale through Monday. I bought a pair for myself shortly before Christmas last year. Liked them so much, I bought pairs for a bunch of my family and my wife's family. They've got neutral tuning, have good detail, and respond well to EQ if you prefer to dial up the bass a bit.
That is a great price! I've been curious about the KEF line - I see Newegg also has the M500 in white for $80, down from $300. Unfortunately, I have way too many headphones as it is and have been selling off some less used ones.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That is a great price! I've been curious about the KEF line - I see Newegg also has the M500 in white for $80, down from $300. Unfortunately, I have way too many headphones as it is and have been selling off some less used ones.
Holy crap, $80?? I thought I stole my M500's at $149.00 (regular price $299.99),but that's a killer price.

I like mine but they are limited in how/where they can be used. Very low "clamping" force makes them extremely comfortable, though the down side is you can't be active when using them. My impressions are that the on-ear pads are far more comfy for me than common over-ear cups. I don't get sweaty ears at all, and can listen for hours. They sound remarkably like my R500's, though of course the sound is imaging in a completely different way.

That deal on the M100's was too good. I succumbed and bought two pairs. ;)

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Holy crap, $80?? I thought I stole my M500's at $149.00 (regular price $299.99),but that's a killer price.

I like mine but they are limited in how/where they can be used. Very low "clamping" force makes them extremely comfortable, though the down side is you can't be active when using them. My impressions are that the on-ear pads are far more comfy for me than common over-ear cups. I don't get sweaty ears at all, and can listen for hours. They sound remarkably like my R500's, though of course the sound is imaging in a completely different way.

That deal on the M100's was too good. I succumbed and bought two pairs. ;)
I may have to check out the M500s. I have not head the best luck with on-ears due to my large noggin - comfort and all. The KEFs look super comfy.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Speaking of super comfy, Incase had a brief foray into the headphone market a few years ago. The Sonic was a masterful design (actually ear-shaped - imagine that) and was so comfortable, one could sleep on one's side with them on. They sound rather nice - even handed with a light, airy treble, slightly recessed mids and a surprisingly hefty sub bass. A fatigue free, slightly "smiley faced" signature. Plus, they came in cool colors and had a "Lost in Space" sleeping bag for a case.
IMG_3016.JPG
I like them so much, I bought a second pair for when the first finally wears out. If I see another for sale on Ebay ( usually around $100) or whatever, I just may buy a third.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis