The everything Beer thread

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Real Ale is one of the old-school Tx craft breweries. They been around and well respected, long before the craft boom over the last 6-7 years or so.

Live Oak and St. Arnold's are some of the other older craft breweries in Tx.
Real Ale makes some of my favorite beers. Great price too.

I've had plenty of St. Arnold's beer and while they are decent, I think their Divine series is excellent.

If I've had Live Oak I don't remember...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Real Ale makes some of my favorite beers. Great price too.

I've had plenty of St. Arnold's beer and while they are decent, I think their Divine series is excellent.

If I've had Live Oak I don't remember...
I've always thought Real Ale has been a little hit-or-miss, but I know that I'm in the minority on that opinion. The Fireman's #4 is a nice beer during the Texas summer, and I was quite impressed with the Axis IPA.

St. Arnold's, they have a couple good IPAs, especially the Art Car. The Lawnmower and its sister the WeedWacker are also good Tx Summer beers. Their Christmas Ale is excellent, and I usually don't care for Christmas beers. Yeah, I've tried every DR that has come around, I think I still have a couple 15 and/or 16 stashed.

Live Oak, their Hefeweizen is World Class! That is their real claim to fame, one of the best Hefe's in the world. My friends that trade beer around the country sometimes buy a keg to fill growlers and ship out to get other beers in return. Personally, I like the Big Bark, but I really like the Liberation IPA. Live Oak has only been canning for the last couple years, before that it was kegs only.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My Real Ale beers are Devil's Backbone and Black Quad. Both are excellent for the price. They made a coffee porter IIRC that was really good too. It was a seasonal beer though.

I do like the Lawnmower and Weedwhacker beers. Those are my got to St Arnold when they don't have their seasonal beers out.

I'll have to check out Live Oad. I seem to remember knowing someone that used to work there just started with a new brewery around here. I'll have to ask him.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Next time you want to try an new beer try DUVEL. It's my favorite beer that I save for those special occasions. ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Next time you want to try an new beer try DUVEL. It's my favorite beer that I save for those special occasions. ;)
It's a good beer, though not really anything special (but still good).

FIY, they now own Ommegang and Boulevard (USA breweries).

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Man, Founders is hitting it out of the park with these new IPAs.

Got this one tonight.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Man, Founders is hitting it out of the park with these new IPAs.

Got this one tonight.

Yeah, Founders has always been pretty well regarded for their IPAs!

Have you tried any of the Hops and Grain?
Or Lone Pint Yellow Rose?
Good stuff!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, Founders has always been pretty well regarded for their IPAs!

Have you tried any of the Hops and Grain?
Or Lone Pint Yellow Rose?
Good stuff!
Nope. I plan to now. I had only previously had Founders Breakfast stout and their Porter. Both are fantastic. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite breweries.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Nope. I plan to now. I had only previously had Founders Breakfast stout and their Porter. Both are fantastic. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite breweries.
Just to clarify, Hops and Grain is an Austin based brewery. Lone Pint is another TX brewery, can't remember where they are located.

These aren't Founders varieties.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just to clarify, Hops and Grain is an Austin based brewery. Lone Pint is another TX brewery, can't remember where they are located.

These aren't Founders varieties.
Ah, I'll keep my eye out for them. Don't think I've seen them at HEB, but I'll check Specs.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not a beer person much anymore, but I have found it's value as a dinner ritual. Nothing washes home cooking down better than a stout or an ale. I do like the nitro beers. I did not know this was a trend, nor do I know anyone else that really drinks these things habitually. Me, I buy multiples when I can, with Guinness being the GP drink.

When I load up on Guinness, I toss in a couple 4 packs of something British. Old Speckled Hen, and this stuff. I may drink two pints a night or, perhaps 3 on a Friday or Saturday. I like this.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not a beer person much anymore, but I have found it's value as a dinner ritual. Nothing washes home cooking down better than a stout or an ale. I do like the nitro beers. I did not know this was a trend, nor do I know anyone else that really drinks these things habitually. Me, I buy multiples when I can, with Guinness being the GP drink.

When I load up on Guinness, I toss in a couple 4 packs of something British. Old Speckled Hen, and this stuff. I may drink two pints a night or, perhaps 3 on a Friday or Saturday. I like this.
Good stuff!

Here is another good nitro can to try

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis