The everything Beer thread

annunaki

annunaki

I went to the Central Waters 20th Anniversary event this year. Have to admit they are doing some awesome things with their barrel aged beers.

They trialed a few new ones that were draft only:

BB Aged Blackberry Stout
BB Aged Vanilla Bean Stout
RB Aged Boysenberry Stout
RB Aged Coconut Porter
Orange Curaco Barrel Aged IPA

All were good with the Vanilla Bean and Blackberry at the top.

Then there was the anniversary beer! XX (20 for those none Roman Numeral folks). Needless to say it is awesome!
IMG_3779.JPG

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Got the Boulevard Barrel Aged Quad yesterday. Quite tasty.

Also tried Dragon's Milk Stout. Another very good one.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Got some other new ones. Boulevard isn't messing around.

Found this one too.

R

Richard Berg

Audioholic Intern
I've given up on trading for big "pastry" stouts. Just don't drink them often enough, unless there's a big enough crowd to spread out the high ABV. Local distros like Zhukov are good enough for occasional cold weather relaxation.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Tried this one yesterday. Pretty good. Not as good as the other recent ones though...It was expensive too.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Come on Gang, Phil and I can't be the only guys trying new beers all the time o_O;)
Finally had the chance to try something new.
Warpigs Salmon Pants Lager. A Mikkeller and 3 Floyds collaboration.
It was okay. Not something I would seek out, but I'm happy I tried it.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
That Devine series from Saint Arnold was very nice this year.
Yeah, I really enjoyed DR 18. I'm hoping they barrel it and release it as part of the Bishop's Barrel series. Or barrel it and just release it as another Divine Reserve beer since that would be a little cheaper than $6+/bottle :D

Saint Arnold will be offering Bishops Barrel #1 at the Big Texas Beer Fest this weekend. I'm hoping the Friday crowd doesn't finish it off since I'll be going on Saturday. I hope to try it!

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Bad news for beer and wine drinkers.

https://www.alternet.org/food/popular-beer-and-wine-brands-contaminated-monsantos-weedkiller-tests-reveal

News broke the announcement of a lawsuit against 31 brands of wines for high levels of inorganic arsenic. In 2016, beer testing in Germany also revealed residues of glyphosate in every single sample tested, even independent beers. Moms Across America released test results of 12 California wines that were all found to be positive for glyphosate in 2016. We tested further and released new findings last week of glyphosate in all of the most popular brands of wines in the world, the majority of which are from the U.S., and in batch test results in American beer.

Drift, polluted irrigation water, soil, and through a new phenomena: pesticide rains. Glyphosate and other toxic chemical particles remain in evaporated water or dust clouds which form into rain and can contaminate vineyards and grain crops thousands of miles away.

The wine brands tested included Gallo, Beringer, Mondavi, Barefoot and Sutter Home. Beer brands tested included Budweiser, Busch, Coors, Michelob, Miller Lite, Sam Adams, Samuel Smith, Peak Organic and Sierra Nevada.

The EPA is currently accepting comments until April 30, 2018, on the re-registration or denial of the license for glyphosate. Leave a comment, cite a scientific study found in this article, and protect grape growers and grain farmers too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis