The everything Beer thread

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Beer friends unite!

Founders is releasing the much sought after CBS today.

Getting mine tomorrow morning. Hope it lives up to the price and the hype!
We’re not going to see it in DFW until next week. $26 for a bomber sucks but I might pick one up :)

annunaki

annunaki

We’re not going to see it in DFW until next week. $26 for a bomber sucks but I might pick one up :)
They are going for $23.99 here.

The price of admission is definitely steep. If it is on par with central waters maple barrel stout then it will be worth it.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
It's just bad timing for me. I need to cut back on my beer buying for awhile (other than the things I'm getting for you and another friend :D). I told my wife I should plan for the majority of my beer spending to take place in the winter each year since that's when most of the beers I want seem to come out.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
This past Sunday evening ago my wife and I met up with some people from a local beer group because somebody managed to get a 1/4 keg of Community's Woodford Reserve Barrel-Aged Legion (Nov/Dec 2015). It was an expensive keg - $800. The cost to drink was $10 per 12 oz pour. I only had two. People brought bottles to share as well - I wasn't really planning on doing any more drinking since I had to work Monday morning, but I was offered a couple samples of some sours so I tried em. They were actually pretty good :)

Anyway, here are a few more recent photos:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This past Sunday evening ago my wife and I met up with some people from a local beer group because somebody managed to get a 1/4 keg of Community's Woodford Reserve Barrel-Aged Legion (Nov/Dec 2015). It was an expensive keg - $800. The cost to drink was $10 per 12 oz pour. I only had two. People brought bottles to share as well - I wasn't really planning on doing any more drinking since I had to work Monday morning, but I was offered a couple samples of some sours so I tried em. They were actually pretty good :)

Wow. Woodford reserve is one of my favorite bourbons. I would love to have had some of that.

annunaki

annunaki

Some awfully nice beer friends!!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, it was a good time.

It started at 5PM but we unfortunately couldn't make it that early. There was also a 1/6 keg of a new IPA provided by the hosting brewery. That beer was free and already gone by the time we arrived.

We didn't get there until 8PM and only stayed for about 1.5 hours since we had work the next morning. I'm not sure what time it ended but people stayed until they floated the keg. I would have liked to have gotten there earlier and brought some bottles to share. I would have gotten wasted if I had drank any more in that short time :D

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
image.jpeg
Bourbon county release is 1 Jan. here in Lawrence, so I stopped by the smaller of a two store local chain l and was shocked they didn't have a limit! Picked up four and went on my way to Home Depot by way of the other, larger store.
They were already sold out but had a small group around the tasting bar, so I figured what the hell.. Best stout tasting ever!!
Bourbon county vertical 2013-2017 of the standard stuff
(including the higher alcohol version of the '14) and the '17 Barleywine and Proprietors Reserve.
In addition, they had a bunch of the other current BA stouts for tasting.
On my way home after Home Depot, I stopped at the smaller store and grabbed two more BC's!
Cheers y'all , Mac

annunaki

annunaki

View attachment 23281 Bourbon county release is 1 Jan. here in Lawrence, so I stopped by the smaller of a two store local chain l and was shocked they didn't have a limit! Picked up four and went on my way to Home Depot by way of the other, larger store.
They were already sold out but had a small group around the tasting bar, so I figured what the hell.. Best stout tasting ever!!
Bourbon county vertical 2013-2017 of the standard stuff
(including the higher alcohol version of the '14) and the '17 Barleywine and Proprietors Reserve.
In addition, they had a bunch of the other current BA stouts for tasting.
On my way home after Home Depot, I stopped at the smaller store and grabbed two more BC's!
Cheers y'all , Mac
Freaking awesome Mac!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis