The best type of Y splitter

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm in doubt between one more sub unit or selling my denon 3500 and going to migrate to a marantz 7705, I think that the 7705 will give me all the potential in pre out outputs that the 3500 cant do because the transformer is connected to the pre outs.
No!! The pre out are connected to the power amps, not the transformer. The 7705 won't make any difference as the 3500's preout voltage is much more than enough for your applications already. The 7705 has the same preamp vol chip so it has the same voltage limit, but it could do better if measured under conditions that won't like happen using real world material such as movies and music and even if that potential issue materializes, it does not apply to your set up in the small room.

Your uneven bass response absolutely cannot be fixed by upgrading to a 7705 or 8805. It is most likely due to the room, you can try using just one sub, stack the second one on top, or continue to explore different locations. At the end of the day, if it sounds good the way it is, leave it alone and enjoy the music.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
No!! The pre out are connected to the power amps, not the transformer. The 7705 won't make any difference as the 3500's preout voltage is much more than enough for your applications already. The 7705 has the same preamp vol chip so it has the same voltage limit, but it could do better if measured under conditions that won't like happen using real world material such as movies and music and even if that potential issue materializes, it does not apply to your set up in the small room.

Your uneven bass response absolutely cannot be fixed by upgrading to a 7705 or 8805. It is most likely due to the room, you can try using just one sub, stack the second one on top, or continue to explore different locations. At the end of the day, if it sounds good the way it is, leave it alone and enjoy the music.
I thought the interference caused by joining the components like the 8012 Review I posted at # 38 would be big and the 7055 would make an audible difference hahah

Now with Hp of the fórum i'm thinking of saving money and instead of the 7705 + other Power for atmos, get an 8012 or 7013 and use 4 channels for atmos and 5.2 in the pre out, but i dont know whats the best choice.

With 2 SB 3000 i'm happy , i think in 3 because my enthusiasm hahah

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought the interference caused by joining the components like the 8012 Review I posted at # 38 would be big and the 7055 would make an audible difference hahah

With 2 SB 3000 i'm happy , i think in 3 because my enthusiasm hahah
I read the AH review (https://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/marantz-sr8012-receiver/marantz-sr8012-bench-tests ) on the SR8012 more than once, it says:

"The SR8012 is capable of outputting 4.5Vrms unclipped from the multi-ch preamp outputs which is more than 2X voltage drive needed to make most external amplifiers reach full unclipped power."

He then noted:

"I was unable to do a preamp frequency sweep exceeding 1.2Vrms as it tripped the protection circuits since the power amps were still engaged and exceeded full rated power (140 watt/ch, 8 ohms, Av = 29dB). Unfortunately, Marantz doesn't offer a preamp only mode to disconnect the power amp from the circuit if you're using only external amplification."

Also noted:

"Please note it's unlikely you will ever run into a problem driving external amplification as normal program material doesn't behave like continuous sinusoidal sweeps like what was used on my bench tests."

Now with Hp of the fórum i'm thinking of saving money and instead of the 7705 + other Power for atmos, get an 8012 or 7013 and use 4 channels for atmos and 5.2 in the pre out, but i dont know whats the best choice.
I wouldn't spend so much on the 8012 or 8500 if you just want to do 5.1.2. Something like the RX-A2080, or AVR-X4500H/SR7013 (whichever one you can get better pricing..) will be just as good for your system in that room. The Denon/Marantz can do up to 7.1.4 in case you want to use it in a large room.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
I read the AH review (https://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/marantz-sr8012-receiver/marantz-sr8012-bench-tests ) on the SR8012 more than once, it says:

"The SR8012 is capable of outputting 4.5Vrms unclipped from the multi-ch preamp outputs which is more than 2X voltage drive needed to make most external amplifiers reach full unclipped power."

He then noted:

"I was unable to do a preamp frequency sweep exceeding 1.2Vrms as it tripped the protection circuits since the power amps were still engaged and exceeded full rated power (140 watt/ch, 8 ohms, Av = 29dB). Unfortunately, Marantz doesn't offer a preamp only mode to disconnect the power amp from the circuit if you're using only external amplification."

Also noted:

"Please note it's unlikely you will ever run into a problem driving external amplification as normal program material doesn't behave like continuous sinusoidal sweeps like what was used on my bench tests."

I wouldn't spend so much on the 8012 or 8500 if you just want to do 5.1.2. Something like the RX-A2080, or AVR-X4500H/SR7013 (whichever one you can get better pricing..) will be just as good for your system in that room. The Denon/Marantz can do up to 7.1.4 in case you want to use it in a large room.

Thanks !!!

In your opinion, what would be the choice and why?
1 = Marantz 7013
2 = Denon 6500
This particular system, I will use the power 7055 for the 5 main speakers, 2 subwoofer, and the AVR will only be used for 4 atmos.
I am in doubt between marantz houses with marantz or catch 140w in denon ...

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Would a minidsp 2x4 be a better idea to run 3 possibly 4 subwoofers and be able to tailor them to each position group delay distance leveling and such. Also you don’t have to worry about cutting your vrms

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
Would a minidsp 2x4 be a better idea to run 3 possibly 4 subwoofers and be able to tailor them to each position group delay distance leveling and such. Also you don’t have to worry about cutting your vrms
But with minidsp, i run first audy and after i run eq from rew ?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
But with minidsp, i run first audy and after i run eq from rew ?
Generally you do subs first then run Audyssey. You could possibly lose voltage depending which minidsp unit, tho as some have limited output voltage....

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
Generally you do subs first then run Audyssey. You could possibly lose voltage depending which minidsp unit, tho as some have limited output voltage....
I'm trying to see the result that would have been using minidsp, I got + - at this point, of course I don't know if I set the right parameters for sb 3000.
Would these changes be really brutal in practice?
01.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm trying to see the result that would have been using minidsp, I got + - at this point, of course I don't know if I set the right parameters for sb 3000.
Would these changes be really brutal in practice?
You have a minidsp already? What are we looking at particularly here?

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
You have a minidsp already? What are we looking at particularly here?
I do not have. But it is possible to simulate with rew an eq from a measurement.

As I am not xpert so I asked if this result would be worth only.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I do not have. But it is possible to simulate with rew an eq from a measurement.

As I am not xpert so I asked if this result would be worth only.
The room simulation thing I've only played around with a bit for sub placement, calculating room modes. Don't know without measurements what you've posted is worth much, would have to see some examples in use. It may be well worthwhile having a minidsp unit (like the 2x4HD) for multiple subs for flexibility in sub setup, tho.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
The room simulation thing I've only played around with a bit for sub placement, calculating room modes. Don't know without measurements what you've posted is worth much, would have to see some examples in use. It may be well worthwhile having a minidsp unit (like the 2x4HD) for multiple subs for flexibility in sub setup, tho.
Thanks =)

Please could you just give me one more hint as to what values I should put in these parameters ?

80hz Book Crossover, LFE 120hz Channel, SB 3000 x2 Sealed Subwoofer

1572129126452.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks =)

Please could you just give me one more hint as to what values I should put in these parameters ?

80hz Book Crossover, LFE 120hz Channel, SB 3000 x2 Sealed Subwoofer

View attachment 32002
I'm not even sure why you're using this part of REW let alone tell you what to input to it.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
I'm not even sure why you're using this part of REW let alone tell you what to input to it.
Need to use this part of REW for create a EQ from a Average Responde of your seats and import to minidsp.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
[QUOTE = "lovinthehd, postagem: 1346916, membro: 61636"]
Eu pensei que você não tem um minidsp?
[/CITAR]

Dont have, but want learn for more later buy one.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
[QUOTE = "lovinthehd, postagem: 1346916, membro: 61636"]
Eu pensei que você não tem um minidsp?
[/CITAR]

Dont have, but want learn for more later buy one.
Are they at least measurements you've taken with a measurement mic?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here’s a good read for you. Basically gives instructions on importing rew calculated filters into minidsp.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis