Synergistic Research challenge to Audioholics.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
No court order. Just a threat of litigation so far.
Maybe you could contact Kurt and get his opinion on this, since he was a lawyer.

Last edited:
A

aceinc

Audioholic
"whether "Synergistics" is a "con" The name of what ever it is should speak Volumes to anyone who knows anything about audio or video. But I'm glad you threw in "Con" thats a start. If you really believe "Synergistics" isn't Snake oil and just go ole American Greed with a nice little twist "istics"
Gucci sells handbags for $38,000. I can get a bag from Walmart for $27.99 which will keep my stuff just as well. Is Gucci a con?

I will grant you that Gucci does not use "button to select between four harmonics of the Earth’s Schumann Resonance used to bias" to market their product.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Gucci sells handbags for $38,000. I can get a bag from Walmart for $27.99 which will keep my stuff just as well. Is Gucci a con?

I will grant you that Gucci does not use "button to select between four harmonics of the Earth’s Schumann Resonance used to bias" to market their product.
Did Gucci claim there bag holds things better than any other bag in the world? I think they just say it's a luxury handbag. There isn't some wacky fake science that says their handbag is better or that it makes 10 pounds feel like 1 pound. This clown and his "audio" company is doing those things.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

But the Wally World bag won't make people say "Ooh, fancy-schmancy!" when they see it. Gucci is a 'high-fashion trend-based accessory', these cables aren't. Many people outside of the fashion world have heard of Gucci- can't say the same about this crap.

highfigh

highfigh

Did Gucci claim there bag holds things better than any other bag in the world? I think they just say it's a luxury handbag. There isn't some wacky fake science that says their handbag is better or that it makes 10 pounds feel like 1 pound. This clown and his "audio" company is doing those things.

I'd hate to see the carnage from a seam failure on a Gucci bag- a trail of teacup dogs and tiny kibble deposited along the sidewalk.......OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

A

aceinc

Audioholic
But the Wally World bag won't make people say "Ooh, fancy-schmancy!" when they see it. Gucci is a 'high-fashion trend-based accessory', these cables aren't. Many people outside of the fashion world have heard of Gucci- can't say the same about this crap.
Actually I think that SR sells "fancy-schmancy" but just wraps it in techno babble. Their power conditioners have view ports and change color based on the ULF frequency you select. Their turntable weights have different color inserts based on what features you want from your music.

Male dominated toys like cars and audio/video have "fancy-schmancy" appeal but must have the additional feature of technical sounding reasoning to allow the male ego to justify the expense of the toy. Fashion has a small amount of this, but is certainly not constrained by the need to justify the expense.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As the new guy here I'm just curious as to why the challenge is not being accepted. In my world actions speak many more volumes than mere words.

When someone is in a life or death situation the guy that said "I got your 6, Brother" and means it is much more valuable and credible than the one that says: "No worries, they are just bluffing". Armchair warriors (the Brass), ie., those that talk a good game are much less credible than those that step up.

What would Gene gave to lose? Credibility?

Just askin'...
Did you see the challenge? An invite to the snake pit for DBT testing set up and conducted by the guy selling the cables under who knows what conditions...

If that's a fair challenge I got a few "real magic" card tricks I'd like to show you, on my dealer table, with my deck, under my supervision...

highfigh

highfigh

Did you see the challenge? An invite to the snake pit for DBT testing set up and conducted by the guy selling the cables under who knows what conditions...

If that's a fair challenge I got a few "real magic" card tricks I'd like to show you, on my dealer table, with my deck, under my supervision...
I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't want someone to 'Roofie' me.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Have you ever tried a Bag of Holding? A real necessity!

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
The FTC should somehow get involved where outrageous claims are made with absolutely zero technical data to back it up. I went nuts on his Facebook post. He blocked me a year or so ago since he can't back up his claims with any kind of evidence, other than flowery BS language like "liquid", "holographic", "quantum tunneling at the molecular level". How is any of this quantifiable? It's not. It's pure psychologic marketing that proves that one with enough spending power can hear what they wish to hear. Acoustic Paint? Please. Look at his patent filings. Anyone that can pay for a patent can get one. The guy is a fraud of the worst kind. My opinion, of course...lol;)

And...he blocked me again...Ha!!

Last edited:
DougNoOnions

DougNoOnions

Audiophyte
To be clear Ted has been on a constant crusade of harassing and obsessive behavior with me since I had COVID-19. I documented my entire experience about this here:

The same day he issued this "challenge" he had his lawyer issue a cease and desist for me to remove the forum thread related to this article within 48 hours or he would take legal action.
Omg look at his Facebook page (Ted) https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000716704615 he doesn't seem like an OK guy

DougNoOnions

DougNoOnions

Audiophyte
As the new guy here I'm just curious as to why the challenge is not being accepted. In my world actions speak many more volumes than mere words.

When someone is in a life or death situation the guy that said "I got your 6, Brother" and means it is much more valuable and credible than the one that says: "No worries, they are just bluffing". Armchair warriors (the Brass), ie., those that talk a good game are much less credible than those that step up.

Just askin'...
Looks like this Ted is harassing Gene for some time, it's better this company just sent him some cables, and he makes the tests, looks like this guy (Ted) just want some views

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Just askin'...
Because the terms of the challenge suck? As does the reputation of the guy in avoiding any proper testing or explanations based in actual science? LOL. The best part is him offering to pay but I doubt he's trustworthy in that respect as well....I'd want a bank's irrevocable letter of credit spelling it all out in detail at least :)

Well they do somewhat market to the same folk seeking something perhaps others don't have/can't afford (or won't afford). Gucci just relies on their styling/exclusivity rather than extraordinary claims of course. I used to have a customer that imported the big name fashion house stuff, turned out he was buying a bunch of it on the black market (factory back door stuff)....altho the brands and Customs did eventually catch up to him. The price he paid for the actual same handbags was far less....and he still managed to sell them on Rodeo Drive at a nice profit.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Omg look at his Facebook page (Ted) https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000716704615 he doesn't seem like an OK guy
Interesting.

The picture on the left below is "Teddy" from the movie Memento. The picture on the right is from Ted's FB page:

1618355653685.png

A

aceinc

Audioholic
If Gucci claimed their $38,000 bag added 3 years to your life, and would cause you to lose 12lbs of weight, then it would be on the same level as SR. Cost is not the issue. False claims are.
Please show me what false claims are in the hoohaa below; ($159.95 )

The new ORANGE Quantum Fuse is a direct result of technology we first developed for our Limited Edition Galileo SX PowerCell. At its core are new UEF Technologies and a completely new multi-stage high voltage treatment process for the lowest noise floor of any fuse we have ever manufactured. In fact, ORANGE is by far the most significant leap in performance across five fuse generations. Subjective improvements include better timbral accuracy where separate instruments and voices take on a new degree of life-like realism. Other benefits over prior SR fuses include a larger soundstage with greater depth, width, and front-to-back layering. Musicality or the presence of increased detail without a hint of fatigue is off the charts for extended listening that is never harsh despite being our highest resolution fuse to date. As always, you are welcome to try Synergistic Research ORANGE Fuses in your system for 30-days risk-free and return them to your SR dealer for a full refund if you are not completely satisfied.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Please show me what false claims are in the hoohaa below; ($159.95 )

The new ORANGE Quantum Fuse is a direct result of technology we first developed for our Limited Edition Galileo SX PowerCell. At its core are new UEF Technologies and a completely new multi-stage high voltage treatment process for the lowest noise floor of any fuse we have ever manufactured. In fact, ORANGE is by far the most significant leap in performance across five fuse generations. Subjective improvements include better timbral accuracy where separate instruments and voices take on a new degree of life-like realism. Other benefits over prior SR fuses include a larger soundstage with greater depth, width, and front-to-back layering. Musicality or the presence of increased detail without a hint of fatigue is off the charts for extended listening that is never harsh despite being our highest resolution fuse to date. As always, you are welcome to try Synergistic Research ORANGE Fuses in your system for 30-days risk-free and return them to your SR dealer for a full refund if you are not completely satisfied.
Because he just relabels someone else's fuse?

(let alone if you think his UEF nonsense is anything but that....)

A

aceinc

Audioholic
Because he just relabels someone else's fuse?

(let alone if you think his UEF nonsense is anything but that....)
Not arguing whether it is nonsense (note my use of term hoohaa). My point is there is nothing claimed which can be empirically tested.

And yes I suspect the fuses have no demonstrably different electrical characteristics from a fuse purchased at Ace Hardware, or Amazon.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not arguing whether it is nonsense (note my use of term hoohaa). My point is there is nothing claimed which can be empirically tested.

And yes I suspect the fuses have no demonstrably different electrical characteristics from a fuse purchased at Ace Hardware, or Amazon.
Of course a label doesn't change the fuse's capabilities....UEF claims I think could be tested, particularly since they are nonsense that do nothing, not even anything harmful. Just nothing more than the emperor's new clothes. I know, a great way to do business if you can get away with it....suckers beware! We like to call out bullshit like Thud's, tho. The claims can be tested on a lot of products but simply aren't.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis