Svs ultra 16" sub not working

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, what a bummer. I know you'll get it sorted eventually, but I also know what it's like having a new toy and not be able to use it.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Man, what a bummer. I know you'll get it sorted eventually, but I also know what it's like having a new toy and not be able to use it.
Yup I think I've had it almost a month now. Really wanted to use it for some movies set have watched

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I called SVS and they are sending out a new driver and the tool to get the driver out.

I also took my ohm meter out and put it on it isn't showing any resistance.

It is hard to fathom how you make an open circuit sub driver. A delicate tweeter VC I can understand, but a sub driver? The only thing I can think of is that the insulation was not properly removed from one or both ends of the VC wires, where they are soldered to the lead in wires from the driver terminals at the cone.

I hope they are not relying on conductive glue. If they have been tempted to use that, they will be in for a lot of failed drivers.

Are these drivers made in China?

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Got the new driver over on Sat. Didn't have time to test till today.

Tested it passed the bump test with the 9 v battery and must've from my phone. Had to get some help too get the driver beck in. Had to tap the holes to fit the handle in. So testing tonight when the AVR. I'll take a picture of the old driver tonight.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis