Svs ultra 16" sub not working

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Hi
I just bought the ultra and I'm having issues getting the sub to work.

Here is the setup
Denon x3000 avr
Rbh t2
Svs 16 ultra

I have tried the following

Hooked up receiver > LFE > RBH > RBH > SVS . no signal SVS ( Both RBH receive signal fine). Bass sweeps

Receiver> RBH > SVS > RBH. No signal svs. ( Both RBH receive signal fine) bass sweeps

Receiver > svs> RBH > RBH. No signal svs ( both RBH receive signal fine) bass sweeps.

did phone output headphone to L / R RCA. > SVS > RBH > RBH. No signal svs ( RBH receive signal fine). Played music on phone with heavy bass.

I've reset to factory settings and tried all again with different cables same result.

Bass in receiver set to-10db. Svs vol set to -10db.

Not sure what to try need to get this working. It's really like to not send this back.

Amy help?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
Probably obvious, but didn't see it in your OP, have you taken the rbh' out of the equation and hooked the svs straight to the amp to Confirm its functioning?

Thats the simplest setup right and should at least tell you if the sub is functional.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Speakers set to small?
LFE on?
Low Pass on the Sub is OFF/BYPASS or set to maximum?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Factory reset would set Front at Large but Sub at LFE, not LFE+Main. LPF would be at 120HZ. So, Front need to go to Small and Sub at LFE or leave Front Large and set Sub at LFE+Main.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might run Audyssey, that should tell you whether it functions....

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Probably obvious, but didn't see it in your OP, have you taken the rbh' out of the equation and hooked the svs straight to the amp to Confirm its functioning?

Thats the simplest setup right and should at least tell you if the sub is functional.
Yes done this a few times. Nothing but if I hook the output of the svs sub and send it to the RBH the RBH gets the signal. It seems to be passing the signal on, but won't turn on the svs speaker

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does the sub not come on in the beginning of the Audyssey setup as well? Is starting to sound like a dead SVS amp (not likely the driver), tho....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I remember a guy demoing speakers for me... I asked to make certain the sub wasn't on because the lower frequencies were so plush. then I asked him to switch on the PB16 and he had a bitch of a time making it work.

So when in doubt: RTFM. ;)

Yes set to small and LFE LPF SAY TO 250 Hz
LPF for LFE in the AVR should be 120.

Any LPF on the Sub itself needs to be set as I described above: Off, Bypass, or to Maximum.

I really think there is something simple in the sub app you are missing. I'm not an SVS user, but... their stuff usually seems to work.
You bought this new?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Not really a help but I have the Pb 1000 pros and I got to say that are very slow to turn on in auto mode . Try going in the app and setting them to On then try again . If there in auto mode Yapo won’t turn them on fast enough in my receiver to do a calibration right . I don’t know anything about output voltage on these at all but at least in mine it takes about a minute to kick them on in auto mode .
with that being said if your useing it to pass another signal to another sub I believe it will pass the signal threw the 16 to the other sub with out kicking on they are made to Daisy chain . Iam thinking on mine at least I need to hook up the triggers to the receiver .
But I may be understanding it all wrong .

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Does the sub not come on in the beginning of the Audyssey setup as well? Is starting to sound like a dead SVS amp (not likely the driver), tho....
I can't find my mic to run audyssey at the moment. I tendind to agree with you dead amp. As it passes the signal to my subs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can't find my mic to run audyssey at the moment. I tendind to agree with you dead amp. As it passes the signal to my subs.

Yeah, if the same avr works with other subs and not this one, get on the horn with SVS!

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I remember a guy demoing speakers for me... I asked to make certain the sub wasn't on because the lower frequencies were so plush. then I asked him to switch on the PB16 and he had a bitch of a time making it work.

So when in doubt: RTFM. ;)

LPF for LFE in the AVR should be 120.

Any LPF on the Sub itself needs to be set as I described above: Off, Bypass, or to Maximum.

I really think there is something simple in the sub app you are missing. I'm not an SVS user, but... their stuff usually seems to work.
You bought this new?
Bought new from their outlet. I can share all the screen settings from the app if that would be helpful to find the issue.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Here are the app settings of that helps

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I did call them as they had me do this. As alternative test to make sure working.

Please connect a male 3.5 mm mini-jack-to-stereo male RCA adapter to the headphone jack of your smart phone.

Then connect the stereo male RCA cables to the left and right inputs on the subwoofer.

Temporarily set the low pass filter on the subwoofer to 80 Hz to filter out mids/highs (be sure to disable the low pass filter after the test).

Set the subwoofer gain to -15 to start.

Turn up the smart phone volume to maximum.

Play a bassy song (EDM, hip-hop, dub-step, rap, etc.) from the smart phone.

The subwoofer should be quite loud even at -15 and if you slowly increase to -10 or higher it should be very loud.
If the subwoofer generates loud and powerful bass (similar to what is shown in the attached video), that will indicate the subwoofer is performing normally and the low/no output issue is being caused by the upstream source/electronics.

I tried this and no sound fun the sub, but when I connected the output on the svs to one of my subs. The RBH was playing the bass

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I think so too. Just hoping it could be something I missed so I don't have to box this beast up and get it shipped back

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis