SVS, REL or Rythmik

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Looks sweet. Big issue is that it has to be gloss black.
Probably not an option in this budget, those tend to double the price of just about anything. I'd imagine black-stained oak is an option though.

Audiokinesis makes great stuff. You'll find no shortage of praise for Duke's speakers and multisubs online. He really soaks in the science and then actually applies it as a commercial offering :D

I'm still hoping you can get things to work out with Funkywaves though. I'm sure you know i'm a big supporter of a Canadian company like that ;)

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Used JL Fathom 110 or 112... now THOSE look sweet!

You guys think so?

Thanks!

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
It you can get a pair of 12" Fathoms for around 1600-1800 it'd be a good deal IMO.

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Man... where do you get your pricing? hahah.

The cheapest I see for 2 F110 is $2500!

New, these things are $4200!

I wish I could get some for your price!

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Gotcha.

Ok, well I guess it is between Rythmik F12SE, D15SE, or E15 or SVS SB12NSD.

I can get the SVS easier in Canada, but Rythmiks seem easy enough to get as well.

Wonder what the best options is..

There might be a major delay from FA.. which is why I'm wondering... if not, then I'd love to continue with FA.

Thanks for the help.

A

audiocrawl

Enthusiast
How about ACI Titan? I have ACI Force (smaller than Titan) and love it. ACI used to make great speakers for the price. Unfortunately the business closed so now they are only available on used market.

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the suggestion.

It is a good idea.

Hopefully it works out with FA.

Any other suggestions would be great! Thanks

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Still no subs received. Getting them in gloss black is the culprit.

Nathan has been fantastic through all of this.. understanding my impatience and working hard to look at all options.

Still wonder if these make sense compared to 2 Rythmik D12SEs.

I think that's what I've narrowed it down to.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Rythmik's claim to fame is using great drivers along with direct servo to really reduce all sorts of distortion. They make vented and sealed subs, and also offer DIY kits.

SVS uses DSP and great drivers to have great performing subs. They also make vented and sealed subs.

Funkywaves uses some really great drivers in custom enclosures with top notch build quality / fit and finish. You can have FW make you a vented or sealed sub, a passive radiator, maybe even bandpass, transmission line, or folded horn subs. It's 100% custom. Passive Radiator subs like their FW15.3 have an advantage over ported subs in that there is no possibility of creating pipe resonances or vent noise - you can actually squeeze a bit more low end output out of them. TLS Guy over here could probably tell you why he thinks classic transmission lines are great options when it comes to sound quality.

I think all of the above are great choices for high end subwoofers. Funkywaves is a great option for canadians like us because there's no extra duties to pay. SVS through sonic boom audio is marked up quite a bit (which is understandable). Rythmiks must be ordered from USA.

Funkywaves are local and use great drivers, and can be custom designed with YOUR input and YOUR choice of finish.

Here is the Audioholics FW thread. - scroll down to post 21 to see warpdrv's bedroom FW sub.

Canadians don't have to pay duty on US subs as long as the US manufacturer stamps "Made in the USA" on the box.

That is a fact! But saying that, it still costs an arm and a leg to ship them up.

Funkywaves or SVS for sure.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Gloss black being the culprit why don't you opt for a satin finish or something to that effect? Sure the gloss finish looks sweet BUT its a dust magnet IMHO and why I decided against it with my last speaker purchase...:)

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Thanks guys.

I really appreciate your responses.

The WAF requires gloss black to match my CM8s and CM1s hahah.

Thanks again.

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Enjoying the subs from Funk Audio! Anyone else purchased any from them?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis