SVS prime Series Speakers.

F

Flex1493

Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I’m doing some research on HT speakers. I’m putting together a simple 9.2 setup.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the SVS Prime Series speakers.

Thanks for any advice and help.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
They’ve generally reviewed well. Only negative thing I can recall is some people reported the teeters to be harsh. Nice thing is all svs speakers are voiced the same so you can mix and match, say ultras in front and primes in back. Guessing this will be 7.x with wides? Or is this 5.x.4, 7.x.2?

F

Flex1493

Enthusiast
They’ve generally reviewed well. Only negative thing I can recall is some people reported the teeters to be harsh. Nice thing is all svs speakers are voiced the same so you can mix and match, say ultras in front and primes in back. Guessing this will be 7.x with wides? Or is this 5.x.4, 7.x.2?
Thank you. I’m also looking at the Arendal 1961 line. Do you have any recommendations I can look at.

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
I ended up going with Prime Pinnacles for L/R, Ultra center and Prime bookshelves for surrounds. I love it.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
If you're looking at SVS then, yes, Arendal is also a good alternative along with the Polk R700 and Paradigm Premier series (or Monitor if on a tighter budget). JBL has some good speakers as well and go on sale for very good prices on occasion. I think the Studio 690 and 698 would be in your price range.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I ended up going with Prime Pinnacles for L/R, Ultra center and Prime bookshelves for surrounds. I love it.
Cool why don’t Pinnacles have a matching center are they on same tier as Ultra??
Congrats on finding something you like , I can’t upgrade anytime soon. Even then it would probably be a sub upgrade.

Last edited:
James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
Cool why don’t Pinnacles have a matching center are they on same tier as Ultra??
Congrats on finding something you like , I can’t upgrade anytime soon. Even then it would probably be a sub upgrade.
Thanks. According to SVS, all their speakers are timbre matched so it doesn't matter what speaker you use with what other one.

M

mdinno

Junior Audioholic
Look t Ascend Acoustics. They just upgraded their entire speaker line and are very hard to beat.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis