Speaker / Center Channel Buzzing / Fuzzy Sound.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does not happen all the time, noticed a buzz at certain scenes while watching a blu-ray British import, english LPCM 1.0 ch mono, 48kHz/24bit. "The Deadly Affair" 1966, UK, 1.85:1 screen aspect ratio.
Could the disc encoding be the problem, or the cross over circuit in the center channel? I checked the speaker, no apparent physical damage.
Please see my signature for my equipment list.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You could connect another speaker to the center channel amp to check if it’s the center speaker that has problems.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Does not happen all the time, noticed a buzz at certain scenes while watching a blu-ray British import, english LPCM 1.0 ch mono, 48kHz/24bit. "The Deadly Affair" 1966, UK, 1.85:1 screen aspect ratio.
Could the disc encoding be the problem, or the cross over circuit in the center channel? I checked the speaker, no apparent physical damage.
Please see my signature for my equipment list.
Switch your receiver to 2 channel stereo so that the sound just comes from the right and left speakers.

If you still have the buzz, then it is almost certainly the disc.

If you don't, then put the center on one of the left right speakers. If you have the buzz then there is almost certainly a receiver or wiring issue, like a loose RCA plug for instance.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Switch your receiver to 2 channel stereo so that the sound just comes from the right and left speakers.

If you still have the buzz, then it is almost certainly the disc.

If you don't, then put the center on one of the left right speakers. If you have the buzz then there is almost certainly a receiver or wiring issue, like a loose RCA plug for instance.
I put the receiver into MONO mode, listened to some internet radio jazz at high volume, most of the sound thru the center channel, no problem. Will try your idea with that same disc and see.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis